Reviews for My Life as a Polyglot
AkatsukiSoRules chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This is the most unique fanfic I've ever read. I loved it!
Hikaru Mutou chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
My word... Your grasp on all the characters is incredible! Each one comes to life so vividly in your work, especially this piece. And I have to say, although I've never been a big peachshipper I LOVED the ending! Excellent stuff!
ahonna chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
You are one of the best authors to ever grace this dying fandom. I can truthfully say this from having recently read a few of your fanfics (I'll review those at another time; right now I'm a little short on it). I really like how you wrote this - not only was it full of depth and excellent grammar, but it had a strangely soothing effect on me. I liked the part with Bakura, as it was almost ridiculously in character and also sweetly sad. Anzu's embarrassment about not having noticed that Yami/Atem and Yuugi were two different people was very human - she's a smart girl, and everyone makes oversights. Naturally, the Anzu/Yuugi at the end was wonderful - subtle, quiet, and definitely more romantic than some random kiss. This was fluff with class. 3
Heart's Door chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Wow, that was really deep.

I was actually truly impressed at the detail and analysis that you incorporated into the story. I mean, I only expected it to be a short little scene that elicits a little "aww" from me, but I got a lot more from your story than that cuz not only was it very cute romantically, but it also had that bit of intellectual contemplation. That really made the fanfic unique and special (you know, all that "near and dear to my heart" kind of stuff). And I absolutely loved how you didn't just focus on Anzu and Atem's romance but even went so far as to show how into body language Anzu was by showing her interaction with Bokura. Seriously, this piece was BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE it. Definitely deserves a gazillion star rating. )
Menchi chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Super story! I loved your indepth exploration of Bakura's character without the spirit and the way you included some humour into the mix too.

Seriously, the Otogi bits had me cracking up!

Love your work!
darkrunner chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
LOVED it, as always :D

"Yami walked up to danger and poked it in the eye with an overdramatic pointing gesture."

That's going on my list of favorite Scribfic quotes. XD Which reminds me, I have to submit something to the art contest...
MyAibou chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This was absolutely lovely. Not just the shippy stuff, and not just the capturing of one of my favorites of LeDiz's drawings, but the whole analysis of each character and the body language they use. Really just freaking BRILLIANT.
journey maker chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I absolutely love reading this story..
grandlarseny chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
absolutely LOVED this. The bits about Otogi- "he was so campy he sparkled" were just...gah.

The exploration of Bakura and his body language was especially emotional for me to read. You could really feel his rawness after all he's been through. Reading this interpretation of Post-Egypt Bakura actually reminded me very strongly of a U2 song- "Bad". (Probably because I'm as obsessed with U2 as I am YGO)

And of course, I loved Anzu's moment of realization- and her reaction to it. :) I especially loved how it mirrored her reassurance to him in the manga- the "I like you just the way you are" scene- only this time, he answered her feelings with his own. :)

Thank you SO MUCH for writing it! It was far and beyond my expectations!
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
That was a very good story. X3
cypsiman2 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Yes, yes this is just so them! This is how they would finally realize, how she would realize, just...it is! And...even though it was shippy and focused on that, you didn't forget that the others exist and have their own stories too! This, is a wonderful story!
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009