Reviews for Subtlety
All Nightmare Long chapter 8 . 4/28/2010
Ooh a snowy island. Sounds cool, can't wait. And I quite like the summary (it got me to read this, didn't it? XD) but that's just speaking for me. Thankee kindly for writing and sharing! These next few parts are gonna be awesome. But only two years until the Golden Age of Pirates! (roughly) Yay! So until next time.
Aoi24 chapter 8 . 4/11/2010
*Bows* Did you ever get that feeling and ignore a story because you weren't in the mood for some of this character or that character? Yes? Well, that's how I ended up here. I pretty much ignored the story for a while because I simply wasn't in the mood but when it finally came along I'm afraid the story was a little too much for my delicate sensibilities.

Too Epic, too entertaining, too verbose. Ye gods I never could have imagined this story was lurking here! *worships* Sheer brillance! It's beyond awesome.

I have no words, this is wonderful and deserving of much more srticulate praise than I am able to deliver right now.
Rose chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
Whenever I see Mihawk in One Piece, I alway's think of this because I really believe this is how his past went, it's like an extension of Oda's story, haha its great xD
Cat chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
I love this fanfic, it's my favorite one! Please update soon.
dadeedoo chapter 8 . 4/2/2010
ah I love this! Please don't change the summary; actually, it was the mentioning of the penguins that really drew me in, haha... Except for a few grammar mistakes, this is REALLY (emphasis on the really) GOOD (...and on the good).

Please update soon!

Oh! And I almost forgot. I love how in the end when even Boy's and Finch's attempts to fix Curry's amnesia fail, a mouthful of the turtle "foodstuff" forced everything to come back to him _
Sir Gar the Bold chapter 8 . 3/27/2010
i sincerely apologizing for not reviewing last chapter. i don't know what came over me. your writing style is just so eloquent that picturing each image vividly is not a hard task. i knew mihawk... boy would pull through in the end!

eagerly awaiting future updates,

-sir gar the bold
QuietInsomniac chapter 8 . 3/19/2010
Oh, wow. I'm a new reader, and I have to say, the way that you've written this really brings out the Mihawk in my heart. *hearts*

It's beautiful in that this is really how Mihawk could have been 'raised', by an old traveling swordsman who had impeccable manners, swore oddly and was extremely precise with his words. And obviously, Mihawk adopted some of his mannerisms!

Amazing! Brilliantly written! Thank you for sharing this!
Phalanx chapter 8 . 3/16/2010
Well, that certainly didn't disappoint! I've finally read through the 8 chapters so far... loved it to bits. Your sense of humor is wicked.

The penguin area was definitely the most mind-blowingly random thing ever- and it worked perfectly.

Normally I like to leave more constructive feedback, but anything to say rather deserts me at the moment...
Rose chapter 5 . 3/15/2010
I absolutly love this fanfic, it's probably the best one on the website! xD
Rom Nom Nom chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
It's been a while since the last update and as always a very good read, I'm not sure as to how the story is going to go (a feeling very alien) and will be awaiting for my alert for the next chapter
TorThaSuper chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
'Monsters' From the manga, "One Piece: WANTED!"

... had to do it. XP

pretty... exciting, Tor-san thinks, so far. Boy sure loses... a lot. If Tor didn't know better, though... Hmm. whatever.

lol

LARET!
AttilaTheBunny chapter 8 . 3/15/2010
I still haven't gotten around to watching UP, but that is because there are a grand total of 63 holds on it at my library. Yes, that's right. 63. That is just plain insane.]

Anyway, I am currently avoiding writing my history paper by reviewing this. I mean, obviously I would do it anyway, but perhaps with a little less...zeal. Fervor. Etc.

But on to the chapter. I liked the way Curry remembered nothing and then suddenly he ate turtle and practically had a eureka moment. Except much more subdued, of course. He would not run around jumping out of bathtubs and running through the town screaming. But it was a fabulous reaction nonetheless, even if it did lack the...panache of a proper screaming naked run. But this was more in character, so you know, it balances out.

I also really liked Boy's thought processes during the fight, and the way he couldn't make it back to that calm, cool place in the middle of a brawl. If he had been able to, it would have seemed both that he was getting too strong too fast and just completely unrealistic.

I'm sure there was something else, but I can't remember it right now, other than, of course, the obligatory UPDATE. Because you love me. Or love writing, or love Mihawk and recognize the need to not leave him hanging in the middle of a story. Any of them. Just so long as you update.

Attila
As4mi chapter 8 . 3/15/2010
I just found this masterpiece yesterday and I squealed with delight today as I saw there was a new chapter.

So I just wanted to tell you this ff is definitely in my top ten already because I really love your style of writing and I love Mihawk and the way Curry speaks and yeah, I guess you just got another german fan xD

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter
Phalanx chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
This is the first time I've favourited a story right after reading the first two paragraphs.

Call me mad, but based on the awesome opening, I can tell I'm going to like this story already.
Roronoanne chapter 8 . 3/15/2010
Hi,

dein Deutsch ist nicht schlecht, du hast mich ├╝berrascht ;)

How long did you learn it?

Well, I think I should return to the chapter ... which was (of course) great again. I'm really excited to witness Boy getting a name, I mean in my opinion this was a genuine victory.

About Mihawk's age... well, it could be possible but I don't know whether Mihawk is really that much older than Shanks. Oh man, Oda-sama should give us information!

Well, now I'll continue checking daily for an update (I even bookmarked the page)

Just stay the way you are (and write)

greetings