Reviews for Subtlety
Roronoanne chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Yaaaaay, it's THERE!

You would'nt believe how often I checked the story for an update. I (almost) literally danced on the table when I finally saw it... well, enough of that.

I think some reviewers have called it that before and I also don't find an other adequate description other than masterpiece! In all my years of reading fanfiction (that would be approx. eight) I've never seen such a... well, masterpiece.

Your way of describing boy's fights (especially now, with all the different details in fighting style) is absolutely awesome, and reading about Curry's training methods such as the stride-thing makes me think you and I share very much the same opinion of what a true fighter should be.

Say, are you a martial artist?

Und jetzt mache ich mal auf Deutsch weiter, weil du es ja so wolltest. Dafür erstmal Respekt, ich glaube nicht, dass ich Deutsch lernen wollen würde, wenn es nicht meine Muttersprache wäre. Das muss echt kompliziert sein.

Wie auch immer, ich weiß echt nicht, was ich dir noch erzählen soll: Die Story ist einfach großartig. Normalerweise bin ich immer sehr ungeduldig, wenn es um Updates geht, aber auf "Subtlety" warte ich immer gerne, denn Qualität geht bekanntlich vor Quantität.

Ich hoffe nur, wir bekommen den Kampf mit Marione noch zu lesen, ich war etwas irritiert, als er plötzlich zuende war. Und ich bin sehr gespannt, wie der rest des Kampfes aussah. Besonders weil du es bist, der den Kampf beschreibt.

Und ich hoffe, dass die Story noch seeeehr viel länger wird als zwölf Kapitel, ich bin sicher, du lässt dir noch ein paar tolle Dinge einfallen, wie Boy zu seinem Namen und natürlich dem Kokutou Yoru kommt - ich selber habe mich noch nicht getraut, dazu eine Theorie zu bilden, auch wenn ich sonst bei Mihawks Vergangenheit ziemlich kreativ bin (eigentlich schon ZU kreativ _~).

Well, I think this will do it. Just ask if my german jabbering irritated you ;)

But, just as usual, keep up the absolutely and incredibly awesome work!

Roronoanne
Rom Nom Nom chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
You should change some of the words and publish this as a book, I would buy it definitely, this story is an absolute gem to be quite frank about it, it's by far the best story on this site (that I've read anyway) and deserves may more reviews, In the Naruto section there are stories with 7000-8000 reviews but they aren't even comparable to the quality in this. So I don't think I focused enough with this review but err...5 stars 10/10 can't wait for the next chapter.
Aoi24 chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Well that was awesome but I've pretty much accepted that as par for the course with this story. XD

Marvelous work as always. C: The thing I like best about your story (aside from the gorgeous vocabulary and characterisation) is the fact that it's relentlessly entertaining. I'm constantly amused no matter the turn the story takes and if that's not the mark of success I don't know what is. XD
Gazer chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Excellent chapter, even better story. Curry is an incredible creation, I hope you are very proud to have invented him. I love how he talks, acts, and thinks. Watching Boy grow and learn is really engrossing. Mihawk has always been such a big question mark, nice to see someone give him some history. I was begining to worry this fic was belly up, alot of my alerts have done that recently. Eagerly awaiting next chapter, and more info on the black blade and Legend song.
Majin Hentai X chapter 9 . 6/1/2010
So he's learned of his sword. Now will he find it first or the hat, perhaps the name?

You know was he ever really a pirate capitain or did he become a war by merit of being the world's greatest swordsman with a massive bounty because of all the murders.
Cat chapter 9 . 6/1/2010
Thanks for updating You have no idea how happy I was when I got home and saw that you had updated the story xD
QuietInsomniac chapter 9 . 6/1/2010
Wow. Just. . . wow. Sword fighting and more booze (give me a hint please, will Curry eventually die by liver failure? XD) and lots and lots of Mihawk goodness!

When will Mihawk get a name? And who's the girl?

This chapter brings lots and lots of questions. . . But I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!
Bowl of Slightly Hateful Rice chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
Hey. I read my second One Piece story and guess what. I get this masterpiece!
I hadn't even thought that there would be any Mihawk fics but that is for you.
I honestly like how you write and Jamba Curry is interesting.
I am looking forward to reading the rest of these chapters.
As a reader, I want to see how Boy gained his name. Oh, and him getting that, forgive for the use of leet; EPIC PWNZOR SWORD!
That was all I had to say for now.
By the way, thanks for actually posting this.
Lunar Runaway Hiri chapter 8 . 4/29/2010
Wow. This is really good! Though, I was a bit confused as to that one chapter where the random girl claims to know 'Boy'. I love how Curry acts! It amuses me so...
Your clasifications for drunkards are quite interesting... I will have to keep them in mind.
I love how you incorpeated Mihawk's 'toy' into the story! So creative! Also in the manga Mihawk states 'I am not a fool that hunts rabbits with a cannon. You may have a reputation, but you are still just a bunny.' When he unsheaths his knife in his duel with Zoro. Did you get the hunting rabbits idea from that?
I was quite intrigued by how many connections you made (even if they weren't intentional) that I noticed. And I have to say, my vocabulary has drastically increased due to thiss story. I feel as though I may come off as slightly sophisticated right now...
I believe this may just be the longest review I have ever written that actually makes some sort of sense. Oh, and I love the quotes you use at the beginning of each chapter, I believe I used the nonsense one twice today... Hmph.
Anyway, please update soon!
All Nightmare Long chapter 8 . 4/28/2010
Ooh a snowy island. Sounds cool, can't wait. And I quite like the summary (it got me to read this, didn't it? XD) but that's just speaking for me. Thankee kindly for writing and sharing! These next few parts are gonna be awesome. But only two years until the Golden Age of Pirates! (roughly) Yay! So until next time.
Aoi24 chapter 8 . 4/11/2010
*Bows* Did you ever get that feeling and ignore a story because you weren't in the mood for some of this character or that character? Yes? Well, that's how I ended up here. I pretty much ignored the story for a while because I simply wasn't in the mood but when it finally came along I'm afraid the story was a little too much for my delicate sensibilities.

Too Epic, too entertaining, too verbose. Ye gods I never could have imagined this story was lurking here! *worships* Sheer brillance! It's beyond awesome.

I have no words, this is wonderful and deserving of much more srticulate praise than I am able to deliver right now.
Rose chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
Whenever I see Mihawk in One Piece, I alway's think of this because I really believe this is how his past went, it's like an extension of Oda's story, haha its great xD
Cat chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
I love this fanfic, it's my favorite one! Please update soon.
dadeedoo chapter 8 . 4/2/2010
ah I love this! Please don't change the summary; actually, it was the mentioning of the penguins that really drew me in, haha... Except for a few grammar mistakes, this is REALLY (emphasis on the really) GOOD (...and on the good).

Please update soon!

Oh! And I almost forgot. I love how in the end when even Boy's and Finch's attempts to fix Curry's amnesia fail, a mouthful of the turtle "foodstuff" forced everything to come back to him _
Sir Gar the Bold chapter 8 . 3/27/2010
i sincerely apologizing for not reviewing last chapter. i don't know what came over me. your writing style is just so eloquent that picturing each image vividly is not a hard task. i knew mihawk... boy would pull through in the end!

eagerly awaiting future updates,