Reviews for Subtlety
Rom Nom Nom chapter 7 . 1/15/2010
Ill be sure to check it out, characters like Mihawk and Smoker and Kuma to name a few have such broad possibilities. I once read a Kuma Fic (Don't know what happened to it) where he was brought up by an anarchist and a Lieutenant in the rebellion leading to his hatred to the government, stories with good plots such as this deserve more acclaim than they get. You're speed is good, I would much prefer Quality to Quantity, keep it up.
AttilaTheBunny chapter 7 . 1/11/2010
I have never seen UP! But I will watch it as soon as I get a chance. Which will probably be sometime over the weekend. But maybe sooner. You never know. And my papers went... Well, they got turned in, which is the important part. Thanks.

I liked this chapter. It was sort of saner than most of the other islands, but in a good way. It also seemed to be a little more serious, dramatic, whatever you want to call it. It makes for nice variety. And I like Curry's random amnesia (though I'm not convinced he isn't faking it as some obscure test-it sounds like the kind of thing he would do).

Please, please update soon. I love this story (despite the fact that I never finished catching up on One Piece, and know very little about Mihawk).
Senko-Chan chapter 7 . 1/11/2010
Another really good chapter! I like how he's growing up a bit. And I really want to see him get the name Mihawk.
Twilight-Imp-626 chapter 7 . 1/10/2010
Now little Mihawk doesn't look like a little creeper lol

p.s. loved the up quote at the end (I have just met you, and I love you!)
Ilex Crataegus chapter 7 . 1/10/2010
To the last chapter: I wouldn't call the island boring, I would say it's a welcome change to all those ├╝ber-action-stuffed other fanfictions ;)

And I must say, I'm not disappointed by this chapter either. It's good that we finally see that Boy wants a name, especially with Curry being all ... forgetting ... now. And it's great that you put the creation of those sideburns (if we can call 'em that already that is) and that weird hair

And don't worry about these random islands, I think they are a good way to put some things (like the hair) into the story.

I'm a bit worried about Curry, I hope he'll be okay :3
Rom Nom Nom chapter 6 . 12/27/2009
This story is for the lack of better terms awesome, Many stories on this site lack patience this is a sad but true fact however this story has patience and a real good feel to it in fact it reminds me of the first story in the Earthsea chronicles (If you haven't read these I would advise you go and find them)it is my favourite story I have read on this site and has warmed me toward One Piece fan fictions instead of my usual Naruto fan fictions. Keep it up

AttilaTheBunny chapter 6 . 12/13/2009
I. LOVE. THE. PENGUINS. Seriously. They are several kinds of epic. And so much fun. And how did you even come up with that in the first place? The penguins rocked. Especially the ones with Curry's name written on their stomachs. And thank you for updating. It makes me very, very happy and brings a light into the darkness that is having two papers due tomorrow. Which begs the question of why I'm reading and reviewing this now, instead of later. It's because I LOVE YOU. But not like that, because that would be awkward.

Now, go write another chapter.
Ilex Crataegus chapter 6 . 12/13/2009
I have to say, I like the bizarreness of this chapter :D There should be more stories involving cheering penguins that force random strangers into battles ;) In my opinion the penguin fit perfectly into the OP-verse, so don't worry about things like that. Also, I really like how you ended this chapter with a little cliffhanger, not too much tension, but now I want to know on what island they landed on!

I hope we won't have to wait for the next chapter so long, though I know how annoying school can be when you want to focus on something else...Also, you're most welcome for the fan art, it was a pleasure :3
Sir Gar the Bold chapter 6 . 12/13/2009
i must say, i do love this story! not only does it detail the origin of one of my favorite shichibukai, but it does so quite well! i think curry may just be the most awesome, albeit slightly senile, old tutor i have read about. his use of advanced vocabulary is only matched by mihawk... boy's ability to pick up on it. and everything seems so well-described without being too blunt about it. all in all, i'm looking forward to more updates, so keep writing!

-sir gar the bold

ps - i think more penguins should band together and force random passersby to fight for food. it would make them even more interesting than they already are
ImmortalMelody chapter 5 . 10/17/2009
Thanks for updating with such a lovely long chapter; I enjoyed spreading it out over three days, reading a little bit of the Mihawk vs the furry critters saga every evening. Zoro has it easy compared to Mihawk, heh! I like how you work from, and add, the small details that they give us on Mihawk in the manga/anime. Keep typing, and I will certainly keep reading.
AttilaTheBunny chapter 5 . 10/14/2009
Just in case you hadn't guessed, this is the previously named Pippin's Hyper Little Mushroom. And once again I review this thing obscenely lately. Blame school. It sucks.

By the way, I LOVED THIS CHAPTER. It was epic and amazing and other lovely adjectives. The rabbit hunting was made of win. I mean, it wasn't exciting and exhilarating, I-am-sitting-on-the-edge-of-my-seat-waiting-to-see-if-he-will-catch-a-rabbit, but it was still several kinds of awesome. I'm not even sure that I can explain why I liked it so much-I'm not very good with the articulate stuff, but still. I loved it, okay? It was JUST THAT COOL.

And I should end this review with telling you how amazing you are and how unhappy I will be if you don't update promptly, but you said that would make you sad, so. I won't. (In thankfulness to my concern for your well-being, you should update quicker, yes?) ;)
The Animaniac Dude chapter 4 . 10/12/2009
ROFLMAO. I just realized I skipped this chapter, and by god is it funny. it's even more hilarious when you take in the fact that TV Tropes Ruined My Life. guffaw. funny site, that.
The Animaniac Dude chapter 5 . 10/12/2009
and so, mihawk's uber-knife is born. lol. wait, did he ever even catch that rabbit? it didn't look like it, but then curry said in his journal that he caught one... i'm confused...

I think we're all in agreement that curry is the current world's greatest swordsman. it's such a forgone fact that it's not even gonna be a surprise.
Senko-Chan chapter 5 . 10/12/2009
Yay! Another chapter! This one was really good. I liked the way it showed the persistence and determination necessary to make even small steps towards mastery. Update soon! (PS I am also very excited about Zoro possibly learning Mihawk's backstory. And just seeing more of Mihawk in recent chapters.)
Ilex Crataegus chapter 3 . 10/11/2009
Also, I've just read that you want to get some fan art for your fictions one day...I think I now what I'll be doing during boring classes this week Scrapping up something that looks like Boy won't be hard, but if you had some additional information on Curry I'd be glad to try on that one too :D
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »