Reviews for One Day I'll Fly Away
wolvesnvamps chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Ava-start popping some champagne because this fiercely compelling trilogy is something to celebrate! I did see what you did in you A/N and would love to see a sequel about Leah's new life. 8)

You have such a talent for creating complex characters that draw me in and your Leah was no different. I love that you gave her the guts and glory that she deserves. Bravo!
Deannn chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
This is unquestionably the best Leah story I have ever read! I loved all three parts, but this one had me in tears all the way through. I love the way you have portrayed the Leah-Sam-Emily relationship, especially addressing how close Leah and Emily were earlier. I also loved Renesmee's role in the story, she's just too adorable for words.

I really hope you'll write more someday. I love your characterization of Leah, I would really enjoy reading more about her. Great job with the story!
tamara0k chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
This was one of the best Leah pieces I'ne read. Reallistic and very true to what we know of her personallity. I loved and looking forward to reading moreo of your Leah work.
b3j02 chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
I really liked all 3 one shots! I loved her and Nessie the phone thing had me in stiches! HILARIOUS! You should totally write her again!
siDEADde chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Oh girl...you know how I adore your Leah. This was a very satisfying end to the little series. I do hope you revisit Leah, but I am definitely happy with where you've left her. She's grown. Not as snarky, not as impetuous. I love her.

Wonderful. Like everything. I'm sorry i was betafail. I owe you!

Fav Lines: Everything was coming out wrong. I hadn’t come here to hurl accusations but it was all I knew how to do. All I wanted to do. The regret that saturated her every word didn’t stop them from cutting into me and rubbing salt into my wounds. I was ready for this to be over, to try to move on with my life, so why couldn’t it just stop hurting? Why did looking at her have to burn so much?

(I've been there...you've nailed it.)
luv4ed chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
that was truly amazing...Whenever a writer is writing a story about leah needing to move on and confront Emily and Sam, they always make leah forgive and forget what emilly did and everything is sunshine and rainbows, or leah ries to act like she is okay so emily will be happy. U made this so realistic and im glad tht u gave leah peace but still showed tht no matter what they talked about her and emily cant go back to the way they were b/c of bad blood!

Truthfully i was exspecting to be dissapointed...but u seriously shocked me. Im even happy tht emily finally admitted some of the real reason why she did what she did, rather then lamely apologizing(i still dont like her). U descrobed leah's character perfectly. i even like what she said to Sam...she was being the bigger person without hiding how she truly felt.

U should really consider putting the series as a chapter fic, then continuing with this story...i would like to see what awaits her in the future...Just dont let her IMRINT!( its unnatural ) :(
Rawsfish chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
That was awesoume. Drop dead awesoume. I love the cute Nessie bit at the end, they were just so sweet!

Anyways, to your writing:

Your way of describing and writing out Leah is really spot on. You describe her voice perfectly; I can imagine her saying all of this and your writing is the kind that makes people want to keep on reading. As for the plot...That was really interesting, the emotional bits the most. I like the way how you made Leah have that depth that she blamed it all on herself for thinking that even for a minute; it really shows that, truly, she is a good, caring person. It's also nice how you go on to describe how she, as a person, wants bigger, better things in life than that and I love how you made Emily show that through.

All in all, very in character, very funny, and very touching in all the parts it should be:) Your voice is great!
MidnightxRed chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Aww this is so good!

I cried a little bit during Emily and Leah's talk . It was so sad and emotional!

You are such a good writer!
I WANT TO GO AWAY NOW chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Wow... talk about cathartic. I've just gone over the entire trilogy, and it was bloody awesome.
Nilsa009 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Very good Leah story. I still hate Emily and think that she is completely self fish but still I loved this story.
Jacobleah chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
That was the best Leah/Sam/Emily confrontation. It felt very real. Sam getting locked in the trunk..priceless. The supporting characters - Jake, Charlie, Ren very well written. I enjoyed the other two stories in this series as well. Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
for some reason, i am not satifid with this story
Juliejuliejulie chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh my god, this was so absolutely perfect. Can I please reach through the computer right now and hug you as hard as I can? Can I invite you over and bake you cookies? This was truly the most delightful thing in my entire day.

I have always loved Leah, and felt that few writers have ever done her justice. She has had so much pain in her life, and your story is the single best portrayal of her, her feelings, her responses to Sam and Emily, to the pack, to her existence, all bound up with a believable, heartbreaking relationship with her mother. I laughed when she locked Sam up in the Camaro (how freaking perfect was that?). I cried when I read the exchange between her and Emily (how poignant and beautiful and true-it was like I was there-standing next to them, watching it unfold and feeling what they felt. How two cousins, closer than sisters, could be ruptured by the love of one man, and how the brittle strings left of their relationships could be strong enough to still bind them...ugh, it just grabs my guts and shakes me). I cried again when she said goodbye to her mother (do you have children? Again, you've captured something so pure and painful and full of love and understanding. I just want to weep and laugh at how perfectly you wrote it. I FEEL how much her mother loves her, and how they both think they failed each other, as if a mother/daughter relationship wasn't complicated and sticky enough without the whole wolf thing.) And Jake. God bless Jake.

I love love love that she nicknamed Nessie "Ren" (seriously, why wasn't that her nickname in the first place?) I love that she got Bella's truck. And even though there were about 2,648 perfect and beautiful and magical and lyrical sentences in your story, this one in particular made me cackle like a crazy woman: Did I really need a ‘don’t write, don’t call’ disclaimer when it came to his spoiled hellspawn too?

And oh my god, a second cell phone? You are truly a brilliant woman; a hysterically funny, gifted, brilliant woman.

This sentence more cackling: Abruptly, I jerked the truck to the side of the road and smashed the brake down, wishing it was Sparkle Vamp’s face under my foot instead.

And a third cellphone. You're killing me.

I haven't read nearly enough of your stuff, and I'm going back in and reading everything you've written.

There are times when I find a story-not just fan fiction, but any story, and it surpasses merely reading words on a page. It becomes this OTHER thing, where even the most mundane actions-like holding a stuffed animal from your youth or driving in a truck, become vivid, hypercolor, realer-than-real EXPERIENCES, and it makes me feel all tingly and happy and weepy and swoony (obviously...jeez). It somehow renews my faith in people or something. Does that make any sense? Yes, yes, I'm a crazy rambling person, I know that, but I truly, truly loved this story. It was flawless. Perfect. All five of my senses are buzzing, and I feel like running outside and dancing on the sidewalk. This is great writing, my dear. You should be so proud.
tanwellman chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
“Edward. What a punk. If I was Bella, I would have staked him through the heart by now.”

“Stakes don’t kill vampires,”

“Yeah, but I’ll bet they hurt like hell."

Are you KIDDING me? That has to be the single funniest thing I have ever read. I literally spurted (is that a word?) pop out of my nose!

Okay, this was amazing, awesome, wonderful..."I laughed, I cried...it moved me, Bob." (sorry for the veggie tales quote. I am a mom through and through).

I am slap happy because this cracked me up. Well written. I like the way you concluded it with Ren and the cell phone and the truck...wrapped up in a nice, neat package. Awesome, wonderful (Oh, I think I used those words already).

Signing off, since my vocabulary has not improved in the past thirty seconds,

Tanya

PS Oh, yeah, thanks for the update...
Navirae chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
For some reason, you have the ability to always make me want to go back and read the books or chapters I hadn't touched earlier. There is just so much in this story that makes me want to pick up the book again and read, just to learn more about the story of Leah, Emily, and Sam. Its really such a chaotic situation, one that you portrayed beautifully in this. I could feel all the anger and hurt that went through all three and the conversations between Leah and Emily and her mother were just ones that really melted my heart. You gave all of your characters so much dimension that I couldn't help but feel for all of them (though I wanted to kick Sam around a bit huhu). The car scene was hilarious (and evil part of me thought it was deserved). Awesome, as always, my dear
30 | « Prev Page 1 2