Reviews for The Way Things Work
Hawkeyes dark past chapter 10 . 12/16/2016
should I assume that the sequel is never gonna happen?
Goth Albino Angel chapter 10 . 9/11/2016
Literally bursting with joy over such a wonderful ending. Thank you so much for this. You are amazing and this writing was fantastic. There were a few places where words could be moved around to make readablility smoother, but overall, this is amazing. I would like to thank you again for writing this and making me feel inspired to post my own work on here. Keep up the amazing writing!
Goth Albino Angel chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
Lol, Ryoko IMMEDIATELY reminds him that she nearly destroyed his entire kingdom in one attempt.

Clearly, I've been watching too much Dangan Ronpa because it said "fade into the shadows and disappear from the lab" and all I can think is "FUCK Kagato's back! PINK ALERT! PINK ALERT"

Ooh, this gon be good. I enjoy the way the memories were revealed to her though. There's always that one crucial piece of every puzzle that makes it impossible to finish if absent. Good job at that amazing story telling. On to the next chapter.
Goth Albino Angel chapter 7 . 9/11/2016
Me: *completely oblivious for the first part of the chapter*
Tenchi: What if I'm moving too fast?
Me: *Falls off bed four feet off the ground because realization*

Me: *gets through chapter in a mellow manner after figuring out the secret of this one (which wasn't really a secret, but still)*
Me: *sees preview of next chapter and notices it's the one line I can't stand to see*
Me: *FLIPS ALL OF THE TABLES as memories of Episode 24 of Tenchi Universe flash through my mind*
Goth Albino Angel chapter 6 . 9/11/2016
Washu: *reveals she has a house*
Me: *doesn't bat an eye*
Ryoko: *calls Washu Mommy in front of everyone*
Me: *literally flies backward from laptop, squawking excitedly at this wonderful development*

Yosho to the flippen rescue! Every time!

WASHU NO! TOO SOON! OH GODS! NO KISSING YET! ESPECIALLY NOT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE!

Well... that's a definition of mind rape I haven't seen on TV Tropes yet... ouch. Ouch.

Double ouch for that ending. *sigh* Of... of fucking course. My poor babies. We will mend you. It will be okay. Gods, I don't know what to do with myself now. My poor babies...
Goth Albino Angel chapter 5 . 9/11/2016
Just lost my shit for a second there. Wow. That was freaking heartwarming. I think I'm crying.
Goth Albino Angel chapter 4 . 9/11/2016
This was too adorable. Usually, I ship Ayeka/Tenchi out of convenience, but I'm really starting to fully see them as a couple thanks to this fic! Not only that, but the cute big sis/lil sis relationship between Ryoko and Sasami is a really nice touch and something I wish was emphasized in more of the continuities. And Cute Baby Ryoko going to Big Mommy Washu for comfort over her nightmare is just the best thing ever! Killer job!

I do have to wonder, though, and this is just my own misunderstanding, in this fics continuity (which I assume follows Ryo-Ohki?) was Ryoko born a full-grown woman by Washu or was she a child at first that grew with Washu before Kagato stole her in her full-grown form and blocked off her memories? Because in a previous chapter, you said she was seven and small, but in this chapter, it sounds like Ryoko is full-grown while fighting Kagato even if she's still seven years old. Just wondering, but it doesn't take away from how awesome this story is.
Goth Albino Angel chapter 3 . 9/11/2016
I absolutely love this! I always assume I have to put Washu and Ryoko into one of the alternate continuities (like Universe or In Tokyo) in order to make them a couple since they're not related in either of those continuities.

But that was a freaking AWESOME plot twist! The reader thinks that Washu and Ryoko are falling for each other, but SURPRISE! Washu's just remembering her attraction to Ryoko and Ryoko is feeling the unconscious remnants of her attraction to Washu! This is so great! I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Also, I can understand how they would grow to love one another, considering the sheer amount of time they spent together. Though, I don't think the Juraians would have a right to judge since Tenchi and Ayeka are technically aunt and grand-nephew. And even before then, Ayeka and Yosho were half-siblings. Though, I do like your inclusion of Kiyone. Thanks for that gem.
knapper11 chapter 10 . 1/9/2015
An atypical romance, but I like it! It's well written, sensual, and once I swallow the weirdness, touching to the point of tears. Thank you!
Guest chapter 10 . 5/31/2014
God I've read this story so many times and I still get feels. Saddens me that there's still no sequel. I'll just have to wait and continue rereading this wonderful piece.
manticore-gurl071134 chapter 10 . 7/30/2012
This was a great fic! Will there be a sequel?
Random Reader chapter 10 . 6/6/2012
No matter how many times I read this it NEVER gets old. Though I wish the 'promised' sequel will show up, I doubt it will, which is sad considering there are so many people looking forward to it. But, no matter, I hope to see the sequel. Great story, very worth reading.
Evie Glacier Tako chapter 10 . 9/5/2011
I just found this story, and while I think more should have been done with Ryoko in regard to Tenchi lying for three years and pulling her along. I was hopeful that perhaps you would address this in the sequel, but after 2 years and your lack of writing anything in this fandom I fear that this will be unlikely, and is a peeve of mine (authors who say yeah I'll do that (write more)and don't without an explanation). I hope that you have a sequel written and can post it but think that you have just lost interest, I enjoyed most aspects of the story (besides Tenchi lying for three years and being forgiven instantly) and thought it was a unique spin on the series, I didn't mind the way you set up the pairing and thought it happened slow enough. Hopefully this will allow you to continue or at least take down that ridiculous poll if you have no intentions of putting the sequel up and removing the note from this chapter so that future readers will not be disappointed.
damn chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
please please make another storie about them it was sooo good im begging you please!
anthony98 chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
when are u going to make another storie about them? and if u do make another one then make it with more love between WxR please make another one im begging u please!