Reviews for A New Day
all forms of fluff chapter 12 . 7/8
Of course everything works out fine if you start throwing logic at the ending. The Mating was a bit of wishfulfillment but since it was just that kind of story its not that big of deal. There should have been draw backs to the binding. Buffy growing fang if not a game face, having to drink blood as well as eat food to maintain their heath. OR a flip side and rendering them un able to eat as they wouldn't need it to maintain themselfs as imortal beings. Maybe do a close up fic a few centries in the future to find out that Imortals have to hibernate in a sleep state after so much time being active. Getting all the perks and no drawback takes the 'Magic always has concaquences' mantra that Spike likes to use and throws it out the door. Other then that one gripe this story was decently written and exacuted. The interactions were mostly belivable and I like how some of the magic worked. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
madcloisfan chapter 12 . 11/5/2014
Loved it
McPastey chapter 12 . 10/5/2010
Great story! Will there be a sequel? The end of the world in London? That would be sweet!
grim grace chapter 12 . 7/13/2010
Ahhh! That was awesome! I red, 'to wed a vampire' a while ago, but then today i reread it and found out that you had written a sequel, and almost died of happiness! This was splendid. A perfect blend of realistic reactions, lovey-dovey cuteness and enough danger to have me holding onto my seat. I'm so glad you gave Dawn a big role in the end as well. I always thought it was so strange that they never brought back the idea that Dawn was the Key. It was really cool of you to work it in like that. And I'm also SO glad you had Faith stay loyal to Buffy instead of listening to bitch-face Kennedy. I watched theose episodes once and could never do it again. I can't stand the idea that after everything Buffy's done for them, screwing up her own life in the process, the Scoobies would just abandon her and kick her out of her own home. As for Spike/Buffy you did them perfectly as well. I'm glad Buffy finally realized everything she did wrong in their relationship. Another thing that irritated me about the 7th series was the idea that she didn't even regret doing those things to him.

As for characterization and such, you had it pegged. Giles was smart, Wood was initially bias, Buffy was strong will and Faith was cool. Spike was hilarious-you pegged his humour and his sense of self expertly.

And now, after this gush of pathetic sucking up that is this entire review, i simply give you my highest regards, and this story will definitely feature in my favorite list.

Cheers, and good luck in the future.

G.
hideher chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
LOVED IT! I liked all the little subtle twists and turns that you added on to your version to make it all yours while keeping in line with the finale episodes of the show. Pat yourself of the back - great job!
hideher chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
I figured since this fic is complete that I would just give you one review on the last chapter for the whole story. But as I read this fic (loving it by the way) I HAD to review this chapter. I love that Angel was all ticked off, that he 'felt' it when it happened, love that Spike and Buffy were both super strong in the fight and Angel got his you know what kicked (don't get me wrong, I adore Angel). I also love that Angel made his peace with the situation in the end and welcomed Buffy to the family. What a great chapter, very well done!
Lady Babette chapter 12 . 7/11/2009
This was excellent, I so wished the series had had this happy ending. Though we would have missed out on Spike tormenting Angel latter on. They should have so given Spike his own show. I love how you managed to make almost everyone a hero in the end. I so totally agree that Willow should drop Kennedy, she's nothing but a spoiled brat and was only good for keeping Willow's bed warm. I like that you played up Xander's jealous side. I like that you made the others and least respect Spike by the end. I also like how you melded Buffy and Spike to make them both so very much better. You did scare me for a sec, I thought you were going to the two of them up. Points for letting Dawn step it up. I like how you used a lot of the plot line from the final episodes as an outline. It made this so much more believable and like I said before a better ending. I was such a Spike fan and couldn't find a reason for him not to be with Buffy after he won his soul back. I think they are perfect for each other and am glad you chose to write a love story with a happy ending for them. Points for not killing Anya, I always thought she was cheated.
Lauren chapter 12 . 6/15/2009
I loved the ending! "Effulgent." :) That's great! Very well written, and I'm glad that you were sort of sticking to the plot but managed to make it your own. I'm very glad that Spike is with Buffy. Good work.
Doni chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Great start!
Hyde's Bride chapter 12 . 5/4/2009
Aww awesome ending! Yay! I loved it all. I'm so glad Anya lived because I adore her! Everything worked out so well. This was a wonderful story! I look forward for more from you! :D
Kriti chapter 12 . 5/2/2009
an absolutly fabulous reading experience!i loved both ur stories...the plot was good,the pace was good and the spuffy love was definitly good!im really really hoping u write sequals for this...i see this story going on for a little longer,id love to read more of Spuffy adventures around the world...maybe some super kiddies running around...just how the gang generally fares!...thank u very much for this...the actual Buffy series inspight of all its fabulous glory left a lot to be desired in terms of the Spike Buffy relationship and the Scoobies being more of bullies than friends to Buffy and that whole thing never being resolved n no closure...this was quite a treat to read...i love happy endings!... . think of a sequal..id totally love one and i know u'll do a great job just like uv doen with these two...thanks once again for the fun reading experience!great job n keep up the good work!
Andrea111 chapter 12 . 5/2/2009
Great story - I'm sad it's over. So, Buffy used his pet phrase, effulgent. Guess she paid attention to his human life. Looking forward to the fang fic. :D
Andrea111 chapter 11 . 5/2/2009
love this chap! No one died - wonderful. I like that Dawn got to use her "keyness".
rkm chapter 12 . 5/1/2009
ok - the good news : we see xander valued, we see willow going back to the coven for more training (and hopefully realizing kennedy is not the one for her), we see andrew (such a cute comic, always kinda like him) get to be more of a vital part of the mystics, we see dawn having maturity and grace and acceptance of her key gift/actions, and we see buffy being able to enjoy her life without the constant hellmouth-around-her-neck stuff, and we see buffy and spike looking forward to their lives together. the bad news : sniff, the story's over! really enjoyed this!
rkm chapter 11 . 4/30/2009
glad dawn saved them all! now hopefully we'll see a happier xander/anya, and buffy/spike! and a happy willow, and faith, and .. ok you get it. can't wait for another chapter in this saga!