Reviews for Lay These Ghosts To Rest
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I COMPLETELY share your frustration! Edward and Bella are always so obtuse with each other, it drives me mad every time! This is fic is fantastic. I dont think it matters whether Edward or not would really have agreed so quickly after hearing Bella's explanations; he was still unhappy about the idea of it, which is totally in character, and after all, he gives in eventually in Eclipse anyway :)

Very satisfying, thankyou! :P and well written - not at all irritating like so many fics are.

I like the ending very much too :D
elizapi chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I agree, Twilight as a whole has some definite issues. Edward and Jake are both perfect examples of bad boyfriend material. Lying as a way of life. I can't even put into words how Bella annoys me. It was such a great story at the surface level, but then you disect it and you think, why did I waste my time on this. And then you troll for fanfiction where hindsight is 20/20 and the story gets "fixed" in such a way to be more healthy for the characters.

Yet, there is a definite theme here that than can be applied to any relationship. Communication. Remembering that no two people think the same way, and if you don't say what you're thinking, then they can't know.
Cinnamon Selkie chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
For a hundred-year-old vampire, and one who could read minds at that, there was a lot he just didn't get.

In his defense, he was immortalised in the body of a seventeen(?)-year-old male. Which means he's probably has lots of inbuilt angst and out of control hormones and a complete inability to understand girls. Come to think of it, this explains SO MUCH about his behavior during the series...

I did enjoy this new, rational Bella. Actually talking to each other is almost always a positive thing for a relationship. In those cases where it's not, the relationship was doomed anyway. Cinnamon.
WinterSky101 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I think that Eddie would relent, personally, and that you captured his character very well. It's sappy, but good.
Anne191091 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
did i skip over someting important? because im missing the point of the story, i get that she wants to be a vampire, but what is this story about?
Holly chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
You did a great job explaining Bella's thought processes. I bet Edward would've been happier sooner if she'd really done that...
Mint chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
This was really good and it really deserves being expanded!

The ending is very good I like it a lot, it leaves the suspense hanging there, it's very gripping!

Beautiful story! You're a great writer! :)
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
This is well written and it's interesting. Like you, I feel they really could have communicated better, and in my stories I usually write them being more open with each other. But I don't think Edward would have relented. Because the fact is that no matter what she felt had thought through, there was a lot she didn't know and couldn't understand, and she was really young. I also find the story kind of abbreviated because we don't see how she puts her thoughts into words for him.
penguinsleddings chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
That was sweet. (sweet in a chaste way) OH. This is the tongue... and the whole thing is the worm... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Yuna141 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Thanks for the awesome story!

About Edward and Bella, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. You hit exactly on what bugged me so much about them (besides, you know, the obligatory teenage angst) and you articulate it far better than I do. I like your ending - I think Edward would relent, maybe not immediately, but after a little thought. I would have liked to see your rendition of the conversation between them, though.

One other thing I've always kind of wondered: Edward's main reason for not changing Bella is because he's worried about her soul. What if Bella doesn't believe in souls, or God, or anything like that? That would kind of nullify Edward's concern. She never really showed any strong religious tendencies, we just all kind of assumed and went along with it.
Viper003 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Really good! I enjoyed reading it!
elle chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
i like the ending!
mikayla23 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
i loved it. i always thought that bella should make edward see her way of thinking. she kind of does in Eclipse but not really.

hugs,m
Sammiie3 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Aww soo Good!
illereyn chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Hey Steph!

Thank you! thank you! Thank you!

Yes, I got really annoyed with both of them as well - for exactly the same reason, and I too started imagining how thye would expalin things to each other. Otherwise, I'm really worried that when things calm down and the threat is no longer outside their relationship, that they'll find living with each other very difficult, because they'll constantly misread and misinterpret things.

Personally, I think your ending fitted the characters and was believable. It was also very sweet too!