Reviews for Arashikage
Frankizzle chapter 13 . 10/4/2009
Poor Storm Shadow! Snake-Eyes actions are understandable, though.

bonus material good good good :)
Asterisk78 chapter 13 . 10/3/2009
Thank goodness you deviated (I'm ashamed to say I know exactly which part of the comic we're at right now). The way they did it in the comics was a little odd, and I like this much better. Regardless, I'm looking forward to Storm Shadow's thoughts on the next bit, and the visit to the Spanish Harlem (if that's included, that is).

I still love the way you write Storm Shadow, particularly how ridiculous he seems to think Cobra can be. It's refreshing.

willwrite4fics chapter 13 . 10/3/2009
Most excellant again. I really don't mind deviating, otherwise I would know what was going to happen ahead of time. I like how you write from inside StormShadow's head.

This chapter seemed to jump about a little more than normal, not sure why. I think your depiction of the Commander is perfect,since he really has always been off his rocker, and almost pitifully ineffective.

I always get a thrill when I get my email saying there's been an update! Thanks for writing.
Frankizzle chapter 12 . 9/27/2009
wow. that was incredible. there arent many good storm shadow stories, so this was fantastically enjoyable. now a fav!
Asterisk78 chapter 12 . 9/25/2009
Awesome as usual. I especially liked the one-sided battle dialogue; I couldn't help but smile. I also liked the part where Storm Shadow likened himself to a slave: it rang true. The only quibble I have is that occasionally, the pronoun after your dialogue is capitalized.

willwrite4fics chapter 12 . 9/25/2009
Normally I avoid AU stories, but I do like Storm Shadow so much.. and I've always wanted to know the story of why he would serve Cobra, then go to GI Joe.. your storyline explains it so well.

I'll be waiting to see what you write next. So far, I'm very much enjoying it, with the only thing I saw was that no one should call a NCO(sergeants are NCOs) by the title "Sir". They should be called "Sergeant" and often NCOs especially in the Army despise being called Sir by mistake.(I got called on that by some of my Army friends, which is how I found out.)

Because that's the ONLY thing I could find to gripe about, lol, I really love the story, and can truely emphasize with your Storm Shadow. Even though I crave the bits showing Snake Eyes, I enjoy the actual story enough that I don't miss not having GI Joe in there!

Thanks for writing such a awesome fic, and I hope to read more soon!
PhantomEmpress chapter 12 . 9/25/2009
Fantastic. I like how you are taking already established plot lines and making them a bit more personal and enjoyable ont he other side of the story.
PhantomEmpress chapter 11 . 9/11/2009
I love it! Storm Shadow is just such a great character to play with. Thank you for really making hima round and full person!
Asterisk78 chapter 11 . 9/11/2009
I loved the part about Tomax and Xamot - spot on. Overall, your tone is still great (lots of active, interesting verbs! Yay!) and I enjoy Storm Shadow's commentary. Awesome job!

And yes, it's difficult to do a cliffie when the story is already published. I'm still looking forward to the dialogue, though.

Asterisk78 chapter 10 . 8/29/2009
Yeah, an update!

You know, the image of Storm Shadow wearing a Hawaiian shirt made me laugh. The chapter other than that was amazing...although I'm curious as to when "Chatterbox" will show up again. Any hints?

And I'll just say it - it's hard to get reviews for Storm Shadow stories. I don't know why, but it seems to be a rule. Hopefully you'll get some more response...you certainly deserve it.

marissa chapter 9 . 8/16/2009
awsome story! keep on goin please!
Asterisk78 chapter 9 . 8/16/2009
So you want long reviews this time...I'll see what I can do for you.

I really enjoyed the dream sequence, especially the implication of the immense guilt Storm Shadow still feels about his uncle's death. I also liked the way that Snake Eyes and the Soft Master were portrayed. It seems to me that they're often portrayed as having a sort of detachment towards Hard Master's death, but it just never really seemed realistic.

Admittedly, the 8-year skip made for a lot of description this chapter. I've always been a fan of showing rather than telling, but you're right...it would have kind of boring to have a chapter every time Storm Shadow regresses morally. I suppose you could have written around it - perhaps with a series of short episodes strung together in a sort of picaresque chapter - but ultimately, it was a tough call. I'm not sure what I would have done differently myself...ah well.

Obviously, I've really been enjoying this story. You're doing great, and I'm looking forward to the next chapters...difficult to write as they may be. Good luck, and I hope it turns out to your satisfaction.

Asterisk78 chapter 8 . 8/9/2009
It's AU. I'm sure it's all cool...and I loved this chapter, by the way. Great job, and keep on trucking!

Asterisk78 chapter 7 . 7/29/2009
Per usual, great job on this. You've really done a great job looking at this through Storm Shadow's eyes, and I can't help but look forward to the next chapter (although I know this will be ending soon. Pity, that.)

TSAStormShadow chapter 6 . 7/15/2009
Fantastic update. The goggle story is funny. Supposed to cheat ;-). I liked Snakeeyes not being impressed by Storm Shadows killing the squirrel (nice nod the old marvel comics) and pushing past him. Yes I agree it would be a sight to see him yelling squirrel and doing it just to show off.

Storm Shadow set up by Cobra commander was perfect and unexpected. I like the way Stormy was forced to fight and the way you brought in Stalker. Keep the updates coming… waiting to see who gets the upper hand on Storm shadow first.
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »