Reviews for Forced Insanity
One thing that should be pointed out is that, given the particular milieu/setting/situation, specifically that of villages of assassins for hire where things like torture and rising child soldiers are common place, and in a line of work where killing your best friend as a test of loyalty and professionalism is not only expected, but within what is considered to be the merely normal/average range, Itachi's decision was fully within the boundaries of the options that should be rationally discussed. Not only that, but if the alternative are Shisui's risky brainwashing/mind enslavement, or a full blown world war, it becomes not only the best choice given a cost-benefit analysis, but also the most honest and moral one (even if we deviate from the manga's facts and simply assume a sufficiently high probability of such outcomes), Shishui's plot being a fate worse than death for a benefit that is at the very least uncertain (nothing to guarantee it would all work flawlessly, particularly given that it was the first time the experiment was carried out), and therefore more horrifying, morally, on its face and in terms of cost benefits analysis, and the other being on its face absurd (no sane individual with an even marginal sense of perspective, even without having acquired Itachi's wishdom about the horrors of wars, would seriously cosider the worth of a single family group to be comparable to the whole world -this is in no way the result of an "obsession" with peace, but simply an objective acknowledgment of the respective importance and worth of one's local, personal, problems and situations on one hand, and the whole world on the other-).
Evillevi chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
This is awesome
X59 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
brilliantly done.

It explains so much.
Sleeping Jay chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Well, damn.

You just inspired a whole new story. Or, at least, a new info that can be included in a fanfic.

Do you mind if I use this (if I get to writing a fic)? I'm planning to write one soon, though it's still in the planning process. The added conflict will add so much conflicts and interesting twists :3
EhMa chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
A chilling tale that really makes you wonder. Though now I want to read more; what would've happened if the Sandaime or an Uchiha had read the sealed records while Naruto was still an infant? Or what would happen if Tsunade read the records after Sasuke's betrayal? Still even as a one-shot this is really really good.
MagicallyInclined chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Very interesting take on the Uchiha's downfall, and quite realistic too (which I commend you for). I hope one day you'll expand on this and write an AU story where Sarutobi read that scroll and took the procautions you suggested.
EllaAngel chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Whoa. That was intense and crazy! That would explain so much if that was really what happened in the anime! That was brilliant, good imagination!

Smile!
Essex chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Interesting and disturbing.
lord Martiya chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
A good fanfic. I'd be curious to read a fanfic like the one you theorized in the end...
shenmi meiren chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
hmm... an interesting view indeed :]

maybe you should write a story - an au i mean - where the sandaime did read the sealed records? could be fun... :]
Crazy Iemon chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
It's plausible, but personally I think this is an attempt to portray the Uchiha in a good light; kind of like making excuses for them. There are far simply reasons for their insanity (edict memory war, family upbringing/tradition, etc.). Hell, it could just be individual personalities, as we've only been introduced to a couple of Uchiha.

Oh well, its not important. What's important is that this was well-written and very entertaining to read. Nice work.
Ibozun chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Interesting theory and as you said iy would explain a few things.
Nightmother chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
I like it. It makes so much sense actually. It would definitely explain Madara, Itachi and Sasuke going off the deep end. wonderful story. definite fav
CelticReaper chapter 1 . 4/20/2009