Reviews for Stormworld
JenniferJ chapter 6 . 2/20
It's nice to see Starscream getting a major win for once.
SyntheticEuph0ria chapter 6 . 5/15/2008
chuckles I get the distinct feeling I should probably be reading your fics in the order they were published, but you know what? I'm enjoying myself anyway, so it doesn't matter. lol
Francesca Zatnik chapter 6 . 1/16/2008
Bleedin' awesome. I wish I had have discovered this story earlier... It fits well with my own ideas of Starscream's past and personality.
eeyop1428 chapter 6 . 12/15/2007
hehehe, i liked the emotion between megs and starscream - the stubbornness to admit their feelings to each other always makes their relationship sweeter a friendship kind of way :)

and do i see some kind of romance sparking for sway and kickback? or maybe its just me.

will there be a sequel? how will starscream and others get rid of the whisperers for good? and what about mourningstar, will he continue to live forever? sorry, one more question: is this fic set in G1 or other?

thanks for writing,

Shadir chapter 6 . 11/24/2007
Wow! Beautiful and I love the like you delineated the personality of Starscream.

But that that more I like he/she went that it conquered Megatron and later he/she refused to return to the Earth and he/she preferred their new Kingdom.
JessiTsuki chapter 6 . 11/16/2007
Hurray for Starscream. XD Another well-written piece!
FloofWolfe chapter 6 . 8/19/2007
"It's my blasted planet."

That was a good line to end with. I liked how while there were lots of OCs, Starscream was pretty much the main character. And how he totally showed Megatron up.
Starscream's Ghostwriter chapter 6 . 6/29/2006
Starscream thrust into the command position he's always craved is a good idea that's explored well here. I love that the whole thing takes place as a wager between him and Megatron, you always write the banter and jibes that pass between them so well. It was a nice touch that the Whisperers were animalistic and of quite low intelligence, instead of the wily creatures that such ethereal beings usually are usually portrayed as. A few quibbles, mainly that Starscream just seems a little bit too mature and, well, *nice* at certain points. His concern over his troops' welfare doesn't seem very Starscream-ish, although I like the hints that what he's really worried about is any loss of life means Megatron is "winning". Aside from the always excellent Dreadmoon most of the OC's were a little too barely sketched for me to care much about them, but none of them were badly-written by any means and Crowbar's grief over Gadget was actually quite moving. I'm also not too sure about how Mourningstar fits into the story. I'm very interested in "the poltergeist effect" Starscream mentions, as you seem to be suggesting that the reason Starscream comes back as a ghost is to do with his fundamental personality, since his twin also returns as a specter. It's an interesting idea, I just didn't really feel like it fitted too well into the story what with the Whisperers already established as a similar threat. The continuing development of Starscream and Dreadmoon's relationship is definitely the best thing about this fic, and I can't wait to see how they fare in the rest of your stories. Overall this was a good read - the ending came a bit abruptly and the enemy sort of fizzled out, but then again according to the comments below this is supposed to be continued somewhere so I'll reserve judgement on that until I've read what happens next.
Bears Love Tourists chapter 6 . 10/23/2004
Unbelieveable. You took my favorite character in all of television and gave him a reality the tv show couldn't begin to touch on. Starscream seems to be so much more after reading this story; and good heavens, the ocs were wonderful. You have a true talent for this; It would make me happy if you did another Starscream fic in the future.
Gigabomb chapter 6 . 1/25/2004
Something that has started to intrigue me about your fics that I just noticed recently; I don't notice the OCs. No, no, this is a compliment. Really. In other fanfiction, whenever an OC enters the scene, I wince, I turn away, or in the least the fanfic loses about half the points it would get if I was grading it. No matter how small a part an OC is, the addition of one just destroys most of the respect I have for the fic, if not the writer. The authors who can invent GOOD OC are so far and few between, but...Not so with you (and a few others, but trust me, you're on a very short list). Shatterwing, Razorshift, Sway, Lightseeker, Gadget, Crowbar, Shrillcry, Vapourtrail not to mention Dreadmoon... most of the main characters in this fic are OCs, and I just didn't care. I knew they were, from the beginning, but your writing is so unbelievable, I GRINNED every time a new character graced this story. I knew that the character would be interesting, well rounded, and even if they only got three lines in the entire fic and didn't show up again, their complexity would rival those of the deepest canon characters. Two exceptions: Shatterwing and Vapourtrail. Both of these are very forgivable. Shatterwing was a depressed suicidal, and he was controlled by a Whisperer almost the whole time. Vapourtrail seemed shallow, but that is just her personality, seeing as A) she's only been around a few weeks, and B) she's a total flake. I did appreciate her giving her reasons for the whole "go flying into a storm like an idiot" though. Added a lot. I always appreciate more Starscream development as well, and it showed him maturing, showed that one day, he might actually make a brilliant commander. Megatron had better watch out. Or maybe not, seeing as the more Starscream commands, the more respect he gains for the Decepticon Commander. When the time comes, Starscream might find it impossible to replace his commander. Dreadmoon is the best of the OCs. Of course. Sway's pretty wonderful too, though. Never stop writing.
Alexandra Spar chapter 6 . 7/25/2003
Another triumph. Is the stuff about Starscream's extended period of non-stasis sensory deprivation your invention, or is it canon? If the former, it's a brilliant idea and explains a lot about the Air Commander; if the latter, it clarifies his character for us, and your use of it lets us see his personality from more than one angle.

And the bits from Paradise Lost fit like keys in locks. "I will not serve." Stormworld is really a very good analogue of the Hell Milton describes, only instead of a burning lake we're cast into a sodden lightning-marred jungle. The elemental theme is very well carried out.
Skyknight chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Actually, "As the Stormworld Turns" (as certain fans like Nightwind call it at times) DOES continue-you just have to poke around at Wayward's site .com. Look for "Tempest".

Then you'll see why she elected not to put it here (and it has nothing to do with quality)...
Rhys chapter 6 . 7/30/2002
I agree. Don't end this now. Several points:

1. It's far better written than most of the stuff I've seen.

2. It's long enough to keep me fully occupied for the evening.

3. It explores the Decepticon mentality (allways a one-up in my books).

4. The new characters were both intruiging and entertaining.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY. It deals with my favorite character- Starscream. Not only does it explain why he loathes Megatron, but it alters the TF timeline enough that he won't get blown-away by Galvabum in the Movie (The biggest mistake the scriptwriters made.)Also we get to see how he would have fared had the reins of leadership ever passed to him.

Please keep it up Insecticon on the loose. You are a credit to fanfic authors everywhere.

PS. Storm tag does sound an intriuging proposal for a fic, particulary the notion of Skywarp hallucinating. Please let there be a fic covering this.

Adios, and thank you.
Crash chapter 6 . 1/7/2002
Who cares if its filled with original characters? It STARS Starscream. Thats a critical difference. One that separates this fic from much of the OC drivel flooding . Great fic. I enjoyed it thouroughly, if you hadn't picked that up already...
Silverfox1 chapter 6 . 12/29/2001