Reviews for Think Beast, Therefore Soul
Oui C'es moi chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I just reread this story, I had forgotten how amazing it was. Canon should really have been more like this! I agree with you that Ulquiorra's end was more than a bit unsatisfying...Tite Kubo creates all these awesome characters, but all to often his plotlines degenerate into DBZ-style 'strenghth of main character (Goku/Ichigo)overpowers everything'...which is booooring
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This story kept me up waaay to late! Thanks, I think? ;)

Best take I've read on Ulquiorra's origin and motivation, and I like the alternate Winter War scenario you devised. (Well, not exactly like, 'cause the baddies killed a lot of amazing shinigami/people, but it is creative and well done.)

And Karin! I'm just crazy about that girl and her moxie. Thanks for doing her justice. (In fact, all the characters are authentic and skillfully presented.)

The conflicts are suspenseful from both a combat and emotional/spiritual perspective.

I appreciate the scenes at the end to fill us in on Byakuya, Gin & Rangiku, and Orihime & Ulquiorra. I don't know if I ever would have figured out the mysterious light and understood how Ulquiorra escaped Hell without the last vignette.

Thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Thank you!
ForgottenReveries chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Hm...for some strange reason, says I never favorited your story. Well, I did now and am happy! XDDD
Fullmetal11791 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Fucking amazing, seriously.

I seriously loved everything you did with this, I have never read a fic and not had at least one negative comment about it, until now.

So fucking realistic, awesome character personalities, amazing plot, well written grammar, well written fight scene, realistic and fucking moving character deaths, and the ending was vague enough to keep you guessing without being annoying or bad.

Cannot wait to see what else you have written.
HarunoMarina chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
ok, that was cute. sad, but cute.
BrazeRancor chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Marvelous. I expected no less, even from your previous works. I understand your distaste at Ulquiorra's death, but personally I found that Ichigo's Maximum rage hollow form was one of the coolest developments that rekindled my liking of a flagging series. (Then the fricken butterfly boss arc followed by the abysmal Fullbring arc shut that down pretty quickly though).
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
You definetly had Ulquiorra go out with a BANG there.

Thanks for answering my review on your other bleach story. So few bleach fanfic authors do, it's sad.
hyrushoten chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
That was ridiculously awesome! You managed to write a really good last battle, something that just about nobody, including Tite, can seem to manage. It's nice to see Aizen and the Espada treated as the bad-asses that they were originally portrayed as.

Now on to the criticisms. The largest overarching problem/concern is that you turn the drama to the max. You do drama very well and it adds a lot of weight to your story, but the problem is that you never tone it down. I believe your story would be a quicker, easier read that would grab more attention if you could pace the drama so that only the most dramatic, momentous scenes got the full dose. On a similar note you tend to get heavy-handed with your descriptions and adjectives. You're a good enough writer who can do subtle so you should have a better way of upping the dramatic tension than by sticking a bunch of adjectives on somebody before they do or fail to do something important.

Overall though your story is still superb, making proper use of side characters and doing a good job of keeping everybody in character. I also appreciated how you used short physical descriptions instead of names for the shinigami when you were writing from Karin's perspective. Keep up the good work with your other stories. I'll try and review them as well when I read/re-read them.
Taboo Cat chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
When i typed in karin and ulquiorra on google i was really hoping for a romantic. I won't say i wasn't deppressed when that didn't happen but i was just inticed by this story. Hours went by with out me realizing it! LOL. But I thank you for giving me a great story gor me and i even indebted to you for giving my all time favorite bleach character an ending he deserved. I would of preferred he didn't end at all but you stopped him from going to hell and i appreciatte it. Well all in all i just wanted to say god job and who knows maybe tommorrow i'll actually find my karin/ulquiorra love story. ;)
laughingspider chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I have no idea when you wrote this, but it was great!

ps. Found your reviews of "Doctor's Orders" funny, so I went to your author's page. I'm glad you're writing again..
Fatal Kiwi chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This story makes me happy. When I'm having emo moments, I read this and I go, "YAY!" You write VERY well! I like things with Ulquiorra/Karin pairings, though this isn't necessarily a pairing fic. But Ulquiorra is the best character in Bleach. There was all that crap about how he was number 4 in the Espada, but he was about to kill Ichigo, who defeated the whole freaking soul society and all those evil dudes, while no one else came close! He was still fighting and he had to dissolve into the air GRRRRR

Er ok I'm rambling, but yeah, this story is great XD
Mysticbreez chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Ichigo should use his brain xD And I love you for including Orihime in there at the end. Ulquiorra as a hawk... never really struck me o.o your ideas are always so creative xD
Lady Azura chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Oh, wow... this is just... wow. I can't even think of anything to say, other than this was amazing.
animelover1993 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
omg this was absolutely epic. Better then the manga. Jebus i'm speachless...
Loved every part of it. Especially the ending. Best ending i've ever come across.
amechan87 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Ulqiorra's story is sad. i cried. the moment Karin was stepping on the eggs, i sort of like 'how could you? Stop it! and cried in front of my PC. Well, he did get his revenge anyway, why bother... Thanks for keeping me awake, but i still hate the way Ulquiorra died.