Reviews for Bad Ends
They may have lost Katara but Aang still has his faithful animal guide to rely on and his pet lemur.
I would have thought that Appa would perish soon after Aang had passed considering their strong emotional connection though he may not have realized yet that his master is deceased.
I always thought it was unusual the two hunters merely restrained Appa then transported him back to their camp while rural hunters usually kill or incapacitate the prey before transporting it back to their camp or village.

They saved Momo in time but Aang was way more emotionally attached to Appa who was his beloved animal guide and his oldest kidnapping in the desert triggered the avatar spirit in Aang so his death would undoubtedly trigger a greater tantrum.

The hunters were likely decapitated or injured by the resulting cyclone and the icy projectiles circulated by the winds so Aang avenged his bison but I can tell his rage and anger is equalled by his grief and pain at losing his oldest friend.

I thought it was appropriate how Katara was the one who comforted him in his anguish just as how she consoled him in the desert so he wouldn't annihilate the desert traders though it's unclear whether she called him down here or merely consoled him after he had vented his anger.

I wonder where Sokka is and can only hope that he hasn't been killed or injured too badly by the windstorm or by the flying icy projectiles and can only hope Katara's silence isn't her mourning for her brother .

I can imagine a large section of swampland was obliterated by the cyclone Aang whipped up in his rage and grief. I do wonder how they're going to travel now that their bison is deceased considering he was their mode of transport.
They havent the time to console Katara because soon every fire bender and foot soldier on the rig will be on high alert and the prison will be placed under lockdown.

They need to get back to Appa and beat a hasty retreat otherwise Sokka may have to leave them behind and withdraw to the town before the soldiers catch sight of the flying bison, realize that there is an air bender aboard the rig and signal for reinforcements to search the facility
I'd like to see one where Aang loses control of his emotions and triggers his avatar spirit out of rage and grief after witnessing how the refugees modified the Air Temple to their convenience.

Another would be one where Zuko perishes in the explosion rigged by Zhao aboard his vessel and then Iroh is left to grieve the loss of his second adopted son and eventually dies himself.

I'd see one where Momo refuses to leave before the final showdown and he is killed by Firelord Ozai who uses the distraction to strike Aang down with lightning.

I'd like to see one where Zuko and Katara manage to overcome Azula but have to face her imperial guards on standby and fight valiantly but are eventually overwhelmed and die.

I could see one where Aang fails to channel the spirit of Roku at the Fire Temple due to lack of experience and is killed by the fire benders meanwhile Katara and Sokka are executed and then Zuko is taken to the Capitol in chains and imprisoned for life.

I could see one where Aang triggers his avatar spirit at the Earth Kingdom army base and accidentally kills Katara when she tries to stop him as he believes she is dead.

I could see one where Appa eventually dies from natural causes and Aang enters a state of depression over the death of his companion and passes himself at a young age.
Another could be written where Aang manages to kill Phoenix King Ozai but is left horrified by his actions then later experiences psychological trauma and either enters a state of denial and has to be treated or loses his sanity and logic and has to be taken prisoner and kept heavily sedated and restrained for the remainder of his life.
I'd like to see one where Katara and Sokka are unable to console Aang after his horrific discovery at the Air Temples so he accidentally knocks them off the mountain with his air bending.

He then eventually exits the Avatar State after his body exhausts itself then awakes to find his only friends in thw world except his bison motionless.

I was surprised that she could soothe him after one brief heartfelt speech and an emotional promise considering he had just discovered the skeletal remains of his parental figure surrounded by armour, weapons and the corpses of soldiers.

He had just realized all his friends were dead, his guardian was murdered and his home is in ruins and the realization that he was the only survivor of his race and the only living air bender known to exist.

One speech by a girl he met a few days ago somehow temporarily lessens his rage and grief. I find that to be questionable.
A giant six legged bison weighing twenty thousand pounds sporting razor sharp horns and a huge tail would not run from unprotected humans in fragile wooden canoes.

Appa could ascend and fly out of reach. He can't break through the thick canopy of vines but it can fly above the canoes and stay out of range or turn and blast wind using its tail easily overturning the canoes or charge and toss the canoe aside with its horns.
Lily Dragon chapter 11 . 3/29
This story is pure genius - an adult take on everything that should have gone wrong... And the funniest thing is that none of the chapters were far fetched at all - it was all there in a kids show, a possibility that you explored in such a great way! Iknow it has been years since you last wrote something Avatar related, but I just wanted to let you know how great your stories are!
Katara chapter 11 . 2/1
That is the creepiest story I've ever heard... and disgusting. I guess that's what you were going for - but you'd think that Hama was experienced in bloodbending enough to know not to pull back on Sokka, Aang, and Toph. I don't see how they would have "ripped open" in just bloodbending circumstances. Human bodies have other parts, too! Bending the blood wouldn't be enough to destroy them! Also, what about Katara? That was the first time she'd ever bloodbended a person, certainly not too powerful for a beginner! Besides, did she even survive in the end?
ChelberNo1 chapter 11 . 7/23/2014
These all just EPIC. New chapter soon?
Korrasami 88 chapter 5 . 5/15/2014
NO! SUKI!
OnTheWingsOfFire chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
This was very nicely executed. Disturbing, yes, but you managed to write it in a way that wasn't full of narm. Good Job!
KJun chapter 11 . 7/3/2013
In chromknickers "The Fifth Column," (MUST READ), Katara winds up imprisoned with a friend of Hama's and through character development (something bryke doesn't care about as much as we fans do), it is explained perfectly in that the reader realizes it along with or just slightly before Katara. It's one of those facepalm yourself and "Of course! That makes total sense!"
It was something that was part of my head canon and I was still thrown by it. After all, I wasn't the one telling the story.

Seriously though, read the story if you haven't already done so. It's one mind f..k after another.

I like your bad ends dabbled too.
Not the Appa one, though. If Apps can outrun the Fire Navy, he outrun two good ole boys in a bass boat. It Being from a swamp (bona fide Cajun, chere), I know for a fact how easy it is to tip those little boats over. I was ten and the alligator gar on the other end of my line was so not welcome to jump in the boat that close to my toes.

Kat
omgwtf chapter 11 . 4/14/2012
holy crap. you are so evil. im completely traumatized thanks.

meh, its well written trauma at least. ;)