Reviews for A Sure Anchor
Kazbaby chapter 4 . 8/11/2012
Excellent story. I had to stop after chapter 3 to go to work and I couldn't stop thinking about it and had to finish it immediately when I got home.
Wolfie chapter 4 . 11/26/2011
Lovely story. The peaceful voices calling to Sheppard were haunting. I love Shep and Ronon buddy fics. This line was especially poignant "There was a special horror in seeing people you loved change beyond recognition."
scifi-karis chapter 4 . 9/5/2011
I love Ronon/Shep fics ... something about the fighting men fighting for their lives together! You made me really curious as to what was going on with Sheppard in the beginning and I like how you kept the anchor theme going throughout the story.
Allegra chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
I'm so glad I found this fic. I have really enjoyed the Shep whump & your portrayal of the two men's relationship was great. I like the fact that Ronon's concern is tempered by his survival mode, being cruel to be kind! Thank you for such a fab read.
lizlou57 chapter 4 . 3/20/2010
Great character story. Loved the way you got into their heads. Poor Sheppard - and poor Ronon! Love the fact that Ronon understands Sheppard so well - and that they both needed each other. Think the ending was perfect - Just not like John to give him a hug - this was much more in keeping with the characters Excellent.
sherry57 chapter 4 . 3/1/2010
I missed this story, probably because I was in Chicago at the time. Boy, what a great story. Whump, Ronan/John friendship, care, the boys being heros and fighting the odds, the self doubts, fragile yet strong at the same time. It had everything that is needed to make astory that keeps the readers attention right to the last syllable. Fantastic and thank-you. As always from you, a great story.
Saska Graham chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
Absolutely awesome story. I just couldn't put it down. What a great story about Ronan and Shepard. Everything worked so well: setting, chacters, ancient devices, etc. If only SGA writers had come up with a story so good. Thanks for such an awesome read.
SGShelly chapter 4 . 6/29/2009
Amazing character study. Has the whump that I've come to expect from you, but loved the focus on Sheppard and Ronon's relationship. I've long felt that this is my favorite relationship to some out of the Atlantis story. I enjoyed reading your view of it!
LilRicki chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
Wonderful emotional and mental whump. And I'm glad you didn't make Sheppard "co-operate" into a hug at the end (per your author's note) - great writers don't force their characters to do what they don't want to do, and you've proven yourself one of them by your excellent characterizations. Thank you for sharing!

-LilRicki (aka Pansy Chubb)
LilRicki chapter 2 . 6/11/2009
Oh, this is fantastic so far. I love how you get into both their heads. I can't wait to find out what's happening to John.

-LilRicki (aka Pansy Chubb)
angw chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
I really liked the Ronon-Sheppard bonding and the title and theme of the story was very apt.

LOL McKay saying "You fainted." to Ronon.
angw chapter 3 . 5/21/2009
I like how there is a lot of insight into the characters.

I wonder what happened to the building? Another ancestor stuff up?
angw chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
I like the set up - stuck inside an ancient building with Sheppard badly injured and Ronon trying to find a way out. I like Ronon's POV and the dynamics between himself and Sheppard.
ValleyA chapter 4 . 5/7/2009
Awesome, as usual! I love your Shep & Ronon! Strong, yet vulnerable. Both needing the other to survive. Yep, another great one!
J loves JS chapter 4 . 4/26/2009
I loved it. Well done :-)