Reviews for Bits and Pieces
Jadee chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I could see Raven attending Columbia. I'm applying there myself in the fall and I'd sell my granny to be her roommate.

Apologies, that was tangential.

I very much enjoyed this series of drabble-y bits. My favorite was probably Father of Mine; I've never read that idea before, but I dig the concept of Beast Boy running into a friend of his parents.

I'm glad to see you still active on this site. You're a downright peachy author.

All the best,

Jadee
Talex Wyldcard chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Wow. Haven't seen you in a while! I miss your stories something fierce, The Green Files have always been a fave. of mine.

These are nifty, even for little shorts. Your characterization is still really good, and you didn't have alot of spelling errors, or grammar faux pas, so even rusty you still rock!
RabulaTasa chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I've got to agree with Raven on Romeo and Juliet; that play always did annoy me for relying on the main characters being complete morons. I love the link between her statement in Aftershock and the conversation, by the way.

There are two homonym mistakes that I found: "her temper flairs" (flares) and "have bare his creepy" (bear).

-John
hiya chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
More!
Bhill62 chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Finally you're back. By the way these are great little snippets. I am glad you're back, it just hasn't been the same without you, and how have you been? I hope you update the Green Files again, and maybe Instinct part II? I also would like to know how you feel about my Brotherhood story, I haven't updated it like I should, but I think that I could use some input, I'm a little stuck right now. Great job hon.
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
These are very interesting snips into the love life of Beast boy and Raven. :D

In fact, I would like to encourage you to keep up the good work upon these short stories. ;)
crimson-obsidian-rose chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
You don't know how happy I was when I check my inbox and found this little beauty in it with your name on it. So excited that I've been reading it instead of doing my English paper (which, really, isn't a good measure of just how happy I was, I was estatic).

This was such a cute collection of drabbles (I believe the term still applies; according to the Urban Dictionary, a drabble can either be exactly 100 words, or any story less than 1,0 words). The first one made me 'aw' and the rest of them followed like an emotional rollercoaster. Thank you so much for writing this; I'm sure I don't have to tell you again how amazing and brilliant your works are!

crimson-obsidian-rose
General Havoc chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Well it's good to see you back at last, I have to say. I always get a kick out of your stories or drabbles, no matter how long. So, without further ado:

Most of these were just wonderfully 'warm' little scenes, in-character and yet very evocative. Number 1 for instance just made me smile. BB may or may not be cute, but he definitely knows how to try.

2 was just hilarious. Though I wondered, I confess, how BB survived a twenty story fall like that. I don't envy what happened next to Speedy.

3 was something I've remarked on before. Not just those two but all of the Titans fit their names very well. Be it Richard, Koriand'r, or especially Victor. Dunno why really, it just seems to fit right.

4 and 5 were both just wonderful sentiment, though I preferred five. It felt right to me that Raven would stay up worrying about BB when he was gone on other missions, and moreover that she would cloak this, not with denials, but sarcasm. It also felt right that she'd be the first one he called. I can only imagine that would hold double if something actually went wrong.
JustAnotherAuthorDurping chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Well, these were fun to read and all quite original as well. I must admit, my favorites have to be Gimme Shelter, Name (hehe, BB's last line was fantastic!), When Morning Comes, Lean on Me, and Lover's in a Dangerous Time. I also enjoyed your take on the song 'Girl All the Bad Guys Want'.

You have a very nice flow to your writing and for not having written some TT fics in a while, the characters are very spot on. I enjoyed these all very much. You write something humorous just as well as you write something angsty - quite a skill.

Cheers!

Liz
wopr chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Great work; it's good to have you back!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2