Reviews for The River God's Wife
Beautiful
CherryFlamingo chapter 1 . 4/9
I kind of wished that you added Chihiro's age because that was the way I felt the story was going. In a way, this seems a bit incomplete and cuts off in the middle, but I still really like the writing style and idea. Once I started reading, I wanted to read more.
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 1/29
That was very nice! I loved it!
Annie chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
This is so amazing!
If you used to write like this, i need to know how you write now! In fact, i'm opening your profile right now, hopefully that's not creepy-sounding.
Have a wonderful day!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Beautiful!
rayningnight chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Bittersweet. That is the one word that I can think of that sums up such a little novelette. I liked it - though, it's quite sad, considering Chihiro's circumstances.
I wonder... does their child count as a demi-god? Will Mizuko be the one to take over the river when Haku... perishes?
Or will they live on forever once they die, becoming spirit, and going to the Other world?
Hmm... so many possibilities for a sequel for this...

-Rayne
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
I don't think it's a strange name
Luna25684 chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
How about a squeal to this one. Make it where Mizuko fines out that her father is a river dragon god and she comes into her powers? If you could do that I'd like it very much.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Very nice, and I liked the kids name.
Robin G. Fellow chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
There's such a sweet and tender feeling to this fic. Also, most fics have her waiting for him so the premise was refreshing.
Rowena Bensel chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Nice, I like the sweetness of this story, a few too many in this category are a bit angsty. Very nice.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Very pretty. A possible portrait of the impossible and the everyday. Does that make any sense?

Maybe Mizuki? (Water princess.) Just a thought.
Rizaidym chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
A name that translates to "water child/girl" is a wonderful name. Perhaps a bit simple, but beautiful in that simplicity. And, about the river, could it not be that his river was merely diverted, and needed to be nursed back to health? Remember the "Stink Spirit" From the movie.
vapanalley chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
This is good stuff. I like the way that this story really spreads itself out with generalizations and allusions to other times and places. It makes this timeless and so, so sweet.

And you know what? I bet Haku probably IS chilling with one of his homies flowing through the same mountain water or something.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2011