Reviews for The River God's Wife
Whiggity chapter 1 . 5/10
This is a very sweet and lovely piece of writing. I usually find it a little too neat and convenient when a character is able to revisit a magical childhood experience as an adult, but limiting her contact with the spirit world to nights of the full moon gives it an appropriately sad twist. Nice work.
Q-A the Authoress chapter 1 . 5/8
Nice story.

Keep on Writin' and Rockin'
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 3/20
This is a sweet one-shot.
Will Peterson chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
This love story is really beautiful. Your writing style takes something of an understated approach but it succeeds in capturing the emotions clearly. I also like the details surrounding their daughter - how she can hold her breath for so long and how she likes to hold the water in the bath.
Starry is here don't freak out chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
This was way too good, I love it
mary chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
This is really, really beautiful! I especially love the last part about Chihiro working really hard to save Haku. I can really feel how much they care for each other through your words.
cookienet chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
I love this beautiful story! ...Especially the amount of research poured into it! The name is not lame. It is beautiful and not an uncommon name among the Japanese. I know because my friend shares the same name too! :)
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
Lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Beautiful
CherryFlamingo chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
I kind of wished that you added Chihiro's age because that was the way I felt the story was going. In a way, this seems a bit incomplete and cuts off in the middle, but I still really like the writing style and idea. Once I started reading, I wanted to read more.
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
That was very nice! I loved it!
Annie chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
This is so amazing!
If you used to write like this, i need to know how you write now! In fact, i'm opening your profile right now, hopefully that's not creepy-sounding.
Have a wonderful day!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Beautiful!
rayningnight chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Bittersweet. That is the one word that I can think of that sums up such a little novelette. I liked it - though, it's quite sad, considering Chihiro's circumstances.
I wonder... does their child count as a demi-god? Will Mizuko be the one to take over the river when Haku... perishes?
Or will they live on forever once they die, becoming spirit, and going to the Other world?
Hmm... so many possibilities for a sequel for this...

-Rayne
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
I don't think it's a strange name