Reviews for The Attraction Of Haruhi Suzumiya
JGRDL chapter 7 . 4/28/2009
awesome thank god its not done
leonazo chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
Hi again! Well thanks for answering my littler review the previous time, i wasn't expecting any kind of answer, i assure you.

About the changes on your fanfic, well, i can't say that i'm not glad that the 'American' guy was totally deleted, but i remind you that this is your fanfic so you must do as you like. Also let me say that you are certainly really good at writing, because you've developed this two well-descriptive chapters in a very short time. I'm also impressed because (in my opinion) the good characterization of Kyon's character, especially his monologues just seem that will come from the original.

Well, i'll be waiting for some more chapters. See ya

León
JGRDL chapter 6 . 4/26/2009
kul cant wait 4 the next chapter
WritersProse chapter 3 . 4/26/2009
I'm enjoying where this story is going. I am sort of curious how you handle the OCs, as creating new characters is a move that often 'makes' or 'breaks' a fan-fiction.

Poor Haruhi. She's not used to rejection at this level.
einootspork chapter 6 . 4/25/2009
You know, an OC can be good if done right. It's not necessarily evil.

That said, the twist you came up with here works too well to abandon, so you probably shouldn't try to bring him back, IMO.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this story develops.
EM-Mega chapter 5 . 4/25/2009
The stereotype OC's are all bad is just plain horrible, I've read some really good ones.

Yours seems pretty cool as well, no one is forcing you to kill him off or anything. But just remember some of us like your new character.

Interesting read, hope to see more soon.
Shunk chapter 5 . 4/25/2009
...One review made you change the format? Okay, here's a second opinion.

/sigh

Original characters are not bad...well, sometimes they are. Actually, MOST times they are. The reason being is that they tend to just be a self-insert of the author into the situation in order to be the love interest of the author's favorite character. I believe you are familiar with the term of "Mary Sue."

However, there are few times when an original character ends up working very well with the story. This is when the character actually develops and has depth as opposed to just being there to f*ck the author's personal favorite.

My reaction to seeing an original character in a plot is always "Oh God, another Sue story..." but sometimes I end up to be very very wrong. It doesn't matter. A good writer will stay away from the common errors of the Sue plotlines, and will actually try to make their original character...well, a character. So, my suggestion is to try it...see where it goes, and see where you can take it. If it falls into a pattern of being a Sue, then kill the character and have it never mentioned again.
leonazo chapter 4 . 4/24/2009
Hi there! Well i’ve some pros and cons for your fanfic. The good things are that you make a good characterization of characters, wich is very important.

Also your first and second chapter liked me very much, the problem starts with the “American’s” thing. It just seems out of plot, like you forced it into the story. Or at least for me, it seems like the story was going OK and then you dropped the bomb. It may be because people from the unites states don’t seem to have anything in common with people in Japan. Both cultures are totally different, and a new make-up character that doesn’t even come from japan is like out of line.

Well, your story has already continue with this plot, so I’m sure you’ll not change it. Anyway good luck with those that will read the story completely.

P.S: You may not know but America is an entire continent, so if you say American it means you refer to people from all that space, from Canada to Argentina, so if you want to refer to people from Unites States you may use the proper term.

León
JGRDL chapter 4 . 4/24/2009
rly good
JGRDL chapter 3 . 4/24/2009
lol cant wait 4 the new chapter
anime-is-dumb chapter 3 . 4/23/2009
It's a pretty good story so far, so I'll keep reading for the time being.

One thing about these 'Americans' though: Maybe I'm wrong (if so, just tell me. maybe this will be a crossover or something) but I think I'm catching a whiff of OC stink.

OC characters are never as good/funny/unique/etc. as the author imagines them to be. Ever.

EVER!

If they are OC's, I'm hoping they're not going to be a constant thing in the story and will only hang around for a chapter or two.
KeRose chapter 2 . 4/23/2009
Before I begin to review this great story thus far, two words:

Closed Space.

I mean you said it yourself in the first chapter that no one was around. And that would defintely explain why Imouto-chan has yet to wake up. Which leads to my next line of thought which everyone knows the answer to: what happens why you anger/annoy Haruhi whilst she is in a Closed Space? Yup. Recipe for disaster.

I am defintely looking forward to where you will be going with this story. Character-wise, you are doing a good job so far. Neither of them are straying too far from the norm (aside from Kyon actually expressing attraction to Haruhi, which he nearly never does in the light novels mind you). Haruhi's bossiness, invasion of privacy, and International branch idea are defintely Haruhi-esque.

To top it all off, I did not encounter any glaring grammar mistakes (which I am usually keen on, but I'm feeling a bit tired right now). So kudos so far in your first fanfiction, and may you continue to write more (chapters and stories) in the future.

~K~( )
WritersProse chapter 2 . 4/22/2009
Another solid chapter. I'm really quite curious to see where this story is going. It's rather traditional, which is not so much a bad thing more than it is an observation. Now, if Kyon were to tell Haruhi what she 'truly' is, this could be 'really' interesting.

I do like your writing style though. I'm always quite glad that you've actually kept the personalities of the original characters. It's surprisingly hard to come across a fan-fic where the characters actually speak the like characters.

Well done. Hope to see an update soon (but don't rush it)!
WritersProse chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Well, that's kinda cute. :) I love when haruhi forces Kyon into awkward situations like that. I have a feeling their 'exclamation mark' conversation would most likely wake up the rest of Kyon's family, but that's a very minor complaint.

Overall, this was quite nice. I look forward to reading more.
JGRDL chapter 2 . 4/22/2009
really good like i cant wait for an update
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »