Reviews for What Makes a Browncoat
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
That's an honor! Nice
carick of hunter moon chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
this is a very well crafted story well done
Eliche chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Very nice, I really enjoyed it. :D
RionaEire chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
That story had a certain special energy that made me think. I liked it and it did make me think about the values that a browncoat would hold dear. Its hard to say that we as browncoats (fans of the show) have any collective set of values since the show appeals to all sorts of people, but I think that a distaste for tierany and standing up for what we value are good things and fighting for what's right is important. This was a feel-good story because I do think River deserves to be recognized for what a special and tough person she is. Just a quick thing: you did allright here but just remember that "A completely coherant River means writers don't deliver" KatTaya so if you write River all normalfied and with her wits in perfect tact then I won't read. But this story was good and I liked how Zoe giving River the coat like Wash wanted is helping her to remember him and feel him around her enough to bring his things out again and feel safe to feel those feelings she has been avoiding.

Riona
librarywitch chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This was so good. Good story line and very well written. I always thought that Zoe was what had kept Mal grounded through everything. Great character interaction!
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Wow. And from Zoe's POV as well, wow.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I normally hate post BDM stories because either there's no Wash or they're just too sad to be endured. This did a nice job of including his spirit, and not just in the flashbacks.

Great Zoe voice, especially:

"Honey, what makes a Browncoat?"

"A brown cow," Zoe deadpanned. "Unless it's wool, then a brown sheep."

Nice touch with the purple ribbon, for the Browncoat permanently wounded/scarred by the Alliance.
Brown-in-the-Black chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Wow. Simply moving. Nearly speechless

I hope you don't mind me stealing the plot bunny of River getting a browncoat for one of my fic's do you?