Reviews for The Night at the Carnival
pujalysfelton chapter 2 . 5/23/2014
nice but damn poor Noah !' :(
MissHepburnthe2nd chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
This story really held my attention right till the end, not necessarily because of the tension, but because of the overwhelming sadness of the happenings. The reader desperately keeps wishing it’s either a nightmare or that the events could be miraculously reversed.

I think the main factor that makes this story so striking is the realism. Yes, of course we all wanted Allie and Noah to live happily ever after right from the start, but something like this could so easily have happened. Even though we often watch movies/read books to escape from reality, a very realistic (mostly unfortunate) event can sometimes grip us even more, because we want to know: Will or can it at least still have a fairytale ending?

The characters are accurately portrayed, from Noah’s devoted father to Allie’s emotional outburst. I can almost picture Allie’s mother unconcerned manner and how she absent-mindedly strokes Allie’s back, not offering real comfort.

The only thing that slightly bothered me during the read was the very graphical description of Noah’s fall and his injuries. I feel it does not really match the typical Notebook style and that the story would have been just as effective (or maybe even more effective?) if the next scene after he slips is the hospital scene. From the hospital scenes it is clear how bad his injuries were. I think the shock of his fall and its consequences are already enough to deal with for all true Notebook fans and hopeless romantics…
Birdwatcher15 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Look at number article_19285_5-romantic-movie-gestures-that-were-actually-dick-moves_

sort of stole your idea...but this is a great story!
PierceTheVeil chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Oh my god, this was so sad. Poor Noah, he doesn't deserve this-I swear I almost cried. But then your story's also really good, please write more:)

AreYouDeaf?
marianasgirl chapter 2 . 11/5/2009
aweh omg this is so sad but i love it, please write more :D
LucyCrewe11 chapter 2 . 10/19/2009
Good chapter, but very sad-themed story.

Anyway, I liked it. Please update again soon.
surferchamp3 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
That is so sad
LucyCrewe11 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Great idea for a fanfic! This looks like it's going to be very interesting. Also it was well-writen. Please update soon.