Reviews for Partners
Heksy chapter 16 . 3/25
*wipes away a tear* For a while I 'lived' in your story. Seeing, hearing, experiencing what your characters did. Thank you for sharing.
hunzbookwyrm chapter 16 . 3/17
Great story . Loved the ending
Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 1 . 3/10
A well-written opening chapter. No spelling or grammatical errors spotted. However, Daphne's introduction gives the game away about her future far too soon...

In his moment of great need, did Harry's magic instinctively transport him to the Lake District area, considering that he didn't know about the Potter home there - or was it fate intervening?

Your focused and intelligent characterisation of Daphne and her family is interesting. Personally, I found JKR's canon stance of 'No Slytherin pupils must help Harry and his friends' to be too unrealistic - and I consequently made Daphne an ally in my last Harry Potter story. She's also appearing as an ally to Harry and company in the story I'm writing now.

I'll be continuing to read this story!
RMB
Rebmul chapter 8 . 3/9
ok he just found out he can reinstate ppl why hasn't anyone brought up how casting out narcissa and draco would be a blow to the death eaters
Rebmul chapter 7 . 3/9
hehehehhehheh and the wicked bitch is dead
Rebmul chapter 6 . 3/9
ok so when is harry gona kick both the death eater bitchs from the black family
Rusty chapter 16 . 2/19
Very enjoyable story. Thank you
Csar chapter 14 . 2/21
One small note, you had Augustus Rockwood captured as he was visiting his family during a previous chapter yet he was there for the fight at Hogwarts. There seems to be another continuity error.
Xyori Nadeshiko chapter 6 . 2/8
Yey me encanta!
DamnedJoker chapter 5 . 2/3
Adorable. No other word for it.
Awesome story.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 1/29
What an intense chapter! I knew the confrontation was coming, and I wondered if anyone would have the energy to do battle after partying all evening and into the night. I certainly got my answer. Voldemort's battle plan was certainly more interesting and creative than they usually are. I guess inferior numbers and fighters required something to even the odds. It was good that you still didn't make the final battle a doddle for the good guys. They understood how dangerous he still was, even without his usual brigade of insane terrorists.

Your description of the ritual communicated well the fear and helplessness Daphne must have been feeling as she watched Harry call down the judgment of Magic.

I liked reading the events from Daphne's point of view. Most HP stories give us either an omniscient peek into everyone's thoughts or a limited omniscient view from Harry's perspective. Since we all have a pretty good idea of Harry's usual thoughts and feelings of how inadequate and undeserving of love he is, I enjoyed seeing the relationship develop through Daphne's eyes.

The end was very moving, and I have the soggy Kleenexes to prove it. Of course, Minerva rated a few, too. The one thing I would really like to have seen (or had Daphne reminisce about secretly) is Dursley payback. I was looking forward to seeing Daphne take revenge. Perhaps a small, follow-up vignette? Just a thought ...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us. I look forward to reading more of your work.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 1/29
This was a rough chapter to read. Daphne's confrontations with both Astoria and Harry are emotionally wrenching, but at least they were able to communicate and reconcile. Harry's fears about what he must do to end Voldemort - and the effect it potentially might have on him and their marriage - seem very realistic and of a type that could paralyze him. I think this is why he was able to understand and empathize with Neville following Neville's rampage.

The loss of McGonagall was hard for all the kids but especially Harry. I think it has hardened his determination to take out the fiend once and for all ... although that ritual he mentioned to Daphne sounds terrifying. I guess all the kids can do is keep all communication channels open, be honest with each other, and focus on why they are doing what they are doing.

I'm curious to hear Dumbledore's response to Minerva's death.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 1/29
So ... Harry's and Neville's forms have now been seen. I wonder what will happen regarding them. Will they be forced to register? Will they be censured and fined?

Poor Kingsley. Yes, he made a poor decision because he trusted the wrong person. Sadly, the public's continued (and unwarranted) worship of the man perpetuates the idea that he is trustworthy, able to defend and protect them, and wants the best for them. His conduct with respect to Kingsley shows this to be false. He wants information because he NEEDS (neurotically) to be in the know and wants to be in control of who knows what. He is certainly not willing to relinquish even vital information (like Horcruxes) to others (Amelia? Harry?) who truly need it, because he feels that only he is able to handle the information. Once again, we see him sacrificing the individual to get what he wants. In this case, the sacrifice was far reaching, because Kingsley's losses of position and authority will affect everyone negatively.

I wonder who else will soon be asking for sanctuary and instruction from the Potters. Tracy and Blaise? Some of the Muggleborns? I'm surprised they haven't. What about others connected to the Fifteen? They would seem to be big targets.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 1/29
I have a strong feeling that Kingsley is going to be missing a large part of his buttocks, and I don't think it will be due to stowing his wand in his pocket. Unfortunately, when Dumbledore is concerned in the business, it's tough to know whether the information was gleaned through Legilimency by man; a true slip on the part of the "leaker"; the old coot's "disappointed grandpa" routine; "guilt tripping" someone over past help or favors; or subtle blackmail by Dumbledore. He's not above keeping confidences over seemingly innocent or embarrassing things, only to pull them out later to use as leverage to get something he wants.

I find it interesting that no mention has been made of the Horcruxes. Do they exist in your story?
1,386 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »