Reviews for Partners
jfrost22792 chapter 16 . 8/4/2016
I loved this, thank you for writing it for us.
Dragoon Galaxy chapter 16 . 7/30/2016
That was a lovely heartfelt ending for an amazing piece of written art
PaddyPadfoot chapter 16 . 7/30/2016
Omg I loved your story it was so good. The ending had me crying. Thank you for the wonderful story.
hakon2feb chapter 16 . 7/29/2016
Hi.
The story is at an end, and it has been an amazing story to read. I'm glad it ended as it did, even if i was originally against the idea that Mcgonagall would die so early. Perhaps it's just me wishing that everything will be ok in the end, but i guess the reality is that people die, and the rest eventually move on. And death is rarely the end, since those who remain will usually remember, carrying a small part of the dead with them in their hearts. Had Voldemort been a saner man, perhaps that's the way he would have wanted to achieve immortality, but i guess that would make for a bad story :p
I'm happy to have read this story, the fun parts, the sad parts and the romantic parts all :)
hakon2feb chapter 8 . 7/28/2016
Ok, so another great chapter :)
We finally get a bit of emotions from all the killing, and they are naturally a bit upset by how much the shapeshifting has changed them mentally. Naturally, the instincts will be hightened for a while yet, and top predators never shy away from killing lesser enemies if they have the advantage :)
The Black family receives two new members as well... Wonder if the Black lordship will pass to Nymphadora if Harry dies, or if Harry will toss Narcissa out of the family for the open threat on his life.
And Harry and gang are finally going on the offensive. They see that the government can't do much, since Fudge messed up big time in preparing for the coming war. Hermione is on board as well, and from her performance in the department of mysteries, i think i agree that she isn't currently suited for head on battles. Deathly hallows canon is different, since she has had a year to prepare for the eventual hunt.

hakon2feb chapter 7 . 7/28/2016
Ok, so another great chapter :)
Not sure i understood the difference between being an animagus, and a shapeshifter. From what i understood, the difference is in how long it takes, as an animagus already has an animal inside them, while the shapeshifter takes the form from an outside source. This would mean that a shapeshifter might experience a change in personality due to the animal not originally being a part of them. Great choice for animals by the way, and i'm glad you skipped over the cliche about partners being animals of the same species. It's unreasonable to think that anyone in the HP universe except twins are similar enough to display this trait.
As for death eaters conveniently ambushing the 4/15 and grangers after a restourant meal... It's great for advancing the plot, as well as giving Neville the revenge he deserves, but it does raise questions. Are death eathers keeping watch over Harry's closest friends in case he decides to visit? How many of the death eaters survived? Did anyone who shouldn't see the four shapeshift? Voldemort has lost some of his big guns, so what will he do now?
I'll probably read the answers in your story before you read my review, so it's all good. Keep up the good work :)

hakon2feb chapter 6 . 7/28/2016
Ok, so another great chapter :)
Harry and Daphne are stepping more into the political arena. With the radical changes that they wish to make, i guess it might become hard to make friends in a government so steeped in corruption. Case in point being Lady Malfoy, who openly threatened Harry. Personally i find that a bit arrogant, unless a certain dark lord is still living in the Malfoy mansion.
Either way, the party of the 15 went great, with Harry and Daphne managing to make some new friends, as well as turning the oppinion of more. I wonder if you'll hire some help for poor Dobby, as more parties on that scale would tax him to exhaustion :)

hakon2feb chapter 5 . 7/27/2016
Ok, so another great chapter :)
I'm a bit worried with how little reaction Daphen and Harry have to their first official kills, even if they were death eaters. Harry has been killing left and right since he was 11, but this was the first time he actively set out to destroy someone. Not sure how much 'experience' Daphne has with killing, but i would think they would make a bigger deal out of it, even if they feel very strongly against what the death eaters stand for. Perhaps the discussions with Remus has has them come to terms with killing, i don't know. Then again, death eaters are not much better than rabbid animals with how they spread fear and destruction.
Either way, Madam Bones has suggested that they grow up, this after a heated conversation with Dumbledore... The canon stuff is one thing, but the power draining ward and not notifying Harry of his position or training him to accept his place in society paints Dumbledore in a severely negative light. If it wasn't for that short paragraph about Fawkes i would almost assume that Dumbledore has bewitched the phoenix to do his evil biddings :p That would be something, wouldn't it, for Harry to have two dark lords fighting over and against him :)
Keep up the good work.

hakon2feb chapter 4 . 7/27/2016
Ok, so another great chapter :)
First off, your laws on transfiguration seem solid, however, from my unclear memory i seem to recall that one of Gamp's laws of transfiguration is that you can't transfigure food((making more of it from nothing)possibly conjuring). Other than that, i think you make the laws more complicated than they need to be, as the wizarding world appears simpler in design. My suggestion is that there are limits in time, size and possibly weight (possibly also material, or people would transfigure things into gold or precious gems all the time) depending on the power used, and separate rules for human, animal and object transfiguration.
As for training, Harry and Daphne are really put to the grinder with two of the finest teachers in all of Britain. Hopefully they won't be as exhausted from training once they get in better shape, or they'll be sitting ducks once Voldemort is finished. Thankfully, Remus is going easy on them so far :p
Plans to conquer the wizarding world through politics has also begun, with the Bones home being the first casualty. Susan and Neville are great allies, and Neville getting together with either of the Hufflepuff duo (Hannah or Susan) is always nice to see. Let's hope they'll use this attack to strike back at the death eaters.
Not really said this before, but what about the Horcruxes? I'm sure i'll find out eventually, but since canon doesn't mention it until 6th year, perhaps you'll hold back until then, or drop it alltogether? I don't expect you to respond to my every question, especially if the answer can be found in future chapters, so if you are reading this then don't think about it too much :p

hakon2feb chapter 3 . 7/27/2016
Hi again.(Get used to it... This is how i usually start my reviews :p)
Another great chapter :)
A bit of shopping, and discussion with close friends and teachers. I can agree that Harry should give Mcgonagall another chance. Although i feel her a bit distant towards her lions, i still think she does what she can to protect them when needed. Most of what has happened to Harry through her will mostly put her in the 'messager' position, and not the one in actual power of the situation. Should she have stood up to authority sooner? Possibly, but she never saw a reason to distrust the word of Dumbledore until now.
Remus is acting very much like a man beaten down by the cruel hands of time and from experiencing the worst of humanity. Everyone has their demons, and Remus has more than most, not to mention that problem once a month (Always wondered if female werewolfs would have their period in synch with the full moon...). Bad decisions are thrown around all over the wizarding world, so Remus is hardly worse than anyone else. He's a good man who have had bad things happen to him over a long life. Perhaps that's why Rowling decided to have him get together with such a fun-loving and happy witch as Nymphadora Tonks, probably gave him a good few laughs that reminded him of happier times :)
Hermione's situation is actually not that surprising, seeing as she does tend to face more danger than most due to being so close to all around trouble-magnet Harry-M-F*****-Potter. Hermione would probably never forgive herself or her parents if she had to give up magic, so it's good that you had the Potters sweet talk her parents into letting her continue her schooling. Speaking of schooling, does the magical world offer universities or further education past 'primary school' except for mastery in the different subjects?
Keep up the good work, and a small question; why would a light-aligned creature like a phoenix take orders(suggestions?) from someone who preaches about 'the greater good'?

hakon2feb chapter 2 . 7/27/2016
Great story so far.
Love can hit you like lightning, and from canon i think at least Harry is just waiting for it to happen. Ginny is lucky enough to be the one to snatch him there. Cho could have been a likely candidate if she had been able to get over Cedric before hooking up with Harry. We don't know much about Daphne Greengrass from canon, but we never see her in the same gang as Malfoy, so it's safe to say she is a bit secluded from the rest. Perhaps she was just waiting for it as well :)
Looking forward to the rest of the story, and hopefully you'll keep Astoria away from Draco. The pairing screams forced a long way, and i wouldn't be surprised if loads of gold had to change hands for it to go through.

Guest chapter 11 . 7/6/2016
Given that the wiazarding world doesn't have any child protection laws, they are hardly likely to have laws about treating criminal children any differently to criminal adults. The penalty for casting an Unforgivable curse on another human (& the Boots are one of the 15, for Pete's sake) is life in Azkaban. So why is Malfoy still at the school when he was charged with using an Unforgivable and murder in the last chapter?
enji-benjy chapter 16 . 7/6/2016
Apart from a few seaming continuity/logical errors, this is a very good story, well worth a read!
enji-benjy chapter 15 . 7/6/2016
I thought the Ministry raided Malfoy manor they day after Harry & Co.'s attack? They made a comment about not expecting to find anyone after the attack since the wards were down and it had just been attacked.
Ruairi J.L chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
Things are moving over-the-top quickly, are they not? I mean, these two have never even spoken to each other before, at least in canon, and they're automatically warmer than Harry ever was with the likes of Hermione in that canon itself. Plus, having both of them be relatively unaffected by such degrees of child abuse just seems opportunistic for plot-based reasons to me.
1,628 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »