Reviews for Partners
Simianpower chapter 10 . 3/9/2016
Again, third chapter in a row: too easy. The Notts are NOT the Weasleys, and yet they can't afford ANY wards? Nothing? Contrary to what you say here, criminals are not "by definition" stupid. Making them so once again weakens your story, because there's no conflict. Smart, savvy, powerful, trained heroes vs. moronic weak enemies is BORING. And Neville is such a major badass that now he can take out an entire bar full of criminals by himself?

On the bad guys' side, they kill some people and leave others? Since when? The DE in canon massacred families. Why are the Greengrasses alive? Why is Andi Tonks alive? Why are your bad guys such pussies?!

This story started out well as a "Harry gets off his ass" tale, but it turns out that he needn't have bothered because his enemies are paper tigers. I'm losing interest by the chapter. One or two more like this and I'll write the whole story off as a loss.
Simianpower chapter 9 . 3/9/2016
That wasn't Voldemort trying to torment anybody. That was a gentle nudge by his standards. Torture would have been leaving her father alive but cursed, taking the rest, and mailing them a package containing Stori's eyes. Then let them stew for a week and send a set of demands, maybe with the fingers of Phillip's left hand. This Voldemort is just playing. He's less scary than the one in canon.

Also, at some point soon they're going to need to find new tutors...
Simianpower chapter 8 . 3/9/2016
This is where I start having a problem with "training fics": after two months of study, interspersed with all sorts of other things like politics, getting married, and making friends, Our Heroes become animagi (call it what you like), get good enough at dueling to take out an international master, learn Occlumency, etc etc... and yet Death Eaters who have been doing this sort of thing for decades get taken down despite a 5:1 numbers advantage. If training and motivation are that effective, then why does it only work for Our Heroes? It's completely unrealistic.

The story line is fine, the training is great, but at least power up the bad guys to the point that there's a purpose in still having a story. Bellatrix can outduel three or four Aurors simultaneously, and if you say that Aurors have no motivation to train then this story isn't worth reading. So let's assume that people whose job it is to fight actually do have motivation to learn how. Let's also assume that their motivation results in training at least within the ballpark of as effective as Harry and his friends. And let's assume that they've trained like that for years, and then added years more of experience in the field. Now take four people like that, and put them up against Bellatrix, and have them lose. She's that good. So having her AND her twelve friends lose against kids who have been training for under two months... well, it really weakens the story a lot. It's not so much that you have overpowered the heroes. Not yet, anyway. But you've made the bad guys into wet noodles. It's lame.
Simianpower chapter 5 . 3/7/2016
She's close to Harry's magical strength? He was the strongest in his year by far BEFORE the power-limiting ward was removed. That one is a lot to swallow.
Simianpower chapter 3 . 3/7/2016
Thank you so much for using the word "regimen" correctly! It's actually rare to see that word instead of either "regime" or "regiment". :)

Yes, the "romance" is going impossibly fast, but now that that's done with I'm curious where you take it.
Biblio388 chapter 7 . 3/5/2016
Very cool idea for the new forms. It is interesting that Neville almost always has some variation of that genus, which is oddly fitting for him when I think about it. Will have to look at the story you recommended if only because I love the author's handle. Can't wait to read more.
Inspector Callahan chapter 16 . 2/28/2016
I reread this from time to time and I always come away a little choked up at the depth of feeling that you were able to masterfully create between daphne and harry throughout the story and especially during the eulogy. I can honestly say that I have never read a story of yours that u have not liked.

Wishing you the best in all of your endeavors,

Inspector Callahan aka ' Dirty Harry '
smiles2go chapter 16 . 2/22/2016
Very Well Done
Talon of 7 chapter 12 . 2/17/2016
Great story loving it so far. Looked for the story you mentioned at the end but unable to find it on the authors page or with a general search is it found on a differnt site? If so where?
Guest chapter 16 . 2/16/2016
Great story, Thank you.
jwright42572 chapter 16 . 2/6/2016
I read this ff on watts pad about a year ago that someone had downloaded from fanfic. Four days ago I found it on a community site on fanfic and to just reread it. This has to be in the top five Harry Potter fanfic that I have read. This was a great read. Going to check you page have a look at you other stories. I can't wait. Again really loved this story.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/31/2016
That Bones bitch was out of line. Harry has a right to be upset and the way I see it she was walking a thin line just then. Borderline insulting Harry like that.
DemeRain chapter 16 . 1/24/2016
This story has kept me up tonight; a testament to how good it is. Thank you for sharing.
Blazeb79 chapter 16 . 1/11/2016
Absolutely amazing story, i loved it. Thank you very much for writing it and finishing it.
Blazeb79 chapter 2 . 1/10/2016