Reviews for Dad's Shadow & Matriculation
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Great fics. :) Very enjoyable and in-character.
lazor chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
very nice! i loved all the things sam did for dean in the second story, but i particularly enjoyed the first! the whole feel of the story while in the house was so good with tension and fear and that jackass guy and john being crazy fierce and really caring. loved it!
Aliko Kinav chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Oh. I love this :D
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Heyyy! I love these weechester ones! They are pretty sweet 3

I really enjoyed this one! And protective John is something we don't see often on this fandom, people like to see him like a heartless bastard (even if it's not entirely true!). I enjoy it very much

See ya

Rosetta
Edward's Cantante chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Aw, I love these! They're great; my only criticism is one sentence of "Dad's Shadow" sounds a little awkward: "Dean knew it was his dad's instinctive protectiveness, still alive and strong after all these years, leaving Dean closer to the exit and farthest from potentially weakened structures"might sound better if worded something like, "Dean knew it was his dad's instinctive protectiveness, still alive after all these years, which led the elder Winchester to place Dean close to the exit and far from potentially weakened structures."(You also forgot a period at the end of this sentence-though I'm sure that's just an oversight; it gets so monotonous reading one's own work.) Otherwise, wonderful job!
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I love the fact that John tears Meisner a new one - no doubt he deserved it. He was such a cowardly jerk, but it brought out John's protective side and I love seeing that. No matter what, John did care about his boys. He just didn't exactly have a great way of showing it all the time.

My favorite though was how Sam subtly took care of Dean without him realizing his little brother was doing anything at all. And the last few sentences: great! Thanks for sharing. It's going in my favorites. :)
Bunny1 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Aw... such total, total sweetness...;)
MKofGod chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Whew - I can't tell which story I liked more. I loved the vividness of your discriptions, but I also liked how you used a limited POV.

I love the John Dean interaction, and I love how Sammy takes care of Dean.

Very good story, excelent writing, very heartugging/heartwarming. Definately going on my favorites list.
Merisha chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
OMG, I loved this :D - wonderful hurt!Dean, and caring John, I love it when he gets all badass for his sons LOL :D - and then Sammy looking out for Dean was adorable! This is going straight to fav's, thanks for the awesome story!

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
OMG THAT WAS SO SWEET! -squeels like the fangirl she is-

BASTARDO! -punches- YOU HURTS MY DEANY! -punches again- If the guy hadn't been a hunter, John would SO have beaten him up. And he would totally have deserved it. Dick.

Aw, Dean; you don't have to be such a hardass all the time! Sammy's here to take care of you, so you don't have to try so hard to keep it together!

Very clever distraction techniques on Sam's part. :D I'll have to remember some those.

Loved it! Excellent job!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Laura, here's another wonderful example of your usual high-caliber work. Dean so intent on having John's back; Sam so intent on having Dean's...and "top-quality grandmas" to boot! Well done!
iluvaqt chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Added more to the fact that John and Dean both prefer to work alone. Past experience and no one protects your back better than family. :) Loved it. Especially how Sam worked out a way how to help Dean without Dean asking or being aware of it. Ingenius. Like Dean knows John, Sam knows Dean.
trecebo chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
That was some fall. Makes me hurt just thinking about it. Yikes!
Sonnevi chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Characterization is lovely, and the stories are wonderful. And I do like that they go together, THANK you for posting it in one go.

Would be interesting to have a John-POV for the first one to complete the set... ;)
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Those were both fantastic - Meisner was a brilliant character, and Dean asking for his gun... wonderful characterization. Loved Sam so much in the second piece. Excellent! Thanks for posting here.

Phoebe