Reviews for That Look
ZxVelo chapter 70 . 6/23/2019
Great story! To bad I doubt it’ll be finished.
A guy who reads chapter 70 . 5/4/2019
I know that it is unlikely that you will ever update this again but just wanted you to know that this is a story I just can help but read. I’ve read and reread this story roughly one a year it always surprises me that it started with a one shot. I will probably read this again next year and hold onto the slimmest hope that the will be a seventy first chapter when I do.
Thank you for this story and all of the enjoyment it brings me.
SixStringBass chapter 67 . 3/12/2019
I know I'm a decade too late to this party, but I'm actually very sad that this was never finished. I hope, in your heart of hearts, that you can find it in yourself to update and possibly finish this story. If not, oh well. It was a great read even if the journey is never completed. I hope you have a wonderful day sir.
Guest chapter 68 . 3/5/2019
My only question is what happens when he becomes hokage and marries anko and have kids and all the men in the village go ya kid I fucked the shit out of your mom
Keeper of the ninja way chapter 68 . 2/28/2019
ABOUT FUCKING TIME! Damn, it's a good story. might has well been me in Naruto's position. Or at least that's what it made me feel. I've almost caught up to the end here. hope u update soon. And PLEASE no more heartache between them. I think they've had enough.
Guest chapter 46 . 2/26/2019
On a positive side, at the end he finally realizes that the person he has built has been all in his mind. The obvious consequences is that the person before him is someone that he doesn't really know, the target of his affection having lived only inside his cranium. I should point out here that, as she is free to make her choices, she isn't exactly entitled to have a relationship with him that he doesn't feel comfortable having with her. If he suffers when dealing with her he has the right to not see her. He has the right to think about how he feels and put his happiness first. She doesn't have any right to push herself on him or force to him to deal with her when he doesn't want to. He was pushy, but she also seems not to be able to take no for an answer. If he wants space, it's his prerogative. He has as much of a right to decide how he wants to relate to her as she does. And if because of all this baggage he chooses to put the whole twisted mess behind him and walk away, it's his prerogative. If he decides he doesn't want to have her in his life because the memories bring him pain, she doesn't have the right to push herself in his life in any capacity. The need to respect each other's spaces goes both ways. He has all the right to decide what he wants and doesn't want, what he is okay with and what he is not okay with. If that means never wanting to interact with her again (barring professional necessity, such as during a mission), she can't force herself into his life because she wants him around at her conditions whether he suffers or not -respect of each other's boundaries goes both ways-.
Guest chapter 46 . 2/26/2019
"it's all right for them I don't have a penis.. dirty whore"

What is she talking about here? To whom? Because she was the one calling them perverts and sexual deviants, and it's not as if people in general and her in particular have a high opinion of the "pervert" Jiraiya's behavior and treat it with a dispassionate neutrality. He is a pervert. Anko herself calls him that. So, if she is looking for a double standard, she could take a look in the mirror. On the other hand, Naruto doesn't hold the opinion she stated (implying that she attributed it to him, putting words that he doesn't believe in his mouth). As he claimed time and again, he find both hers and Kakaish's and Jiraiya's views on sex equally distasteful, and their behavior equally repulsive. Contrary to what she does (amazingly, un-ironically, totally unaware of her blatant hypocrisy), he doesn't hold a double standard. So the twist of the situation is that while she is making the claim above, she is the one holding a double standard, being hypocritical in her behavior and terms and words and attitudes, and he is the one that holds them all -Jiraya, Kakash, Akno- to the same standard, despite her snide implication. An implication that completely missed the mark, and whose blatant absurdity should have been readily pointed out.
Guest chapter 46 . 2/26/2019
That said, she does have a point about him building this imaginary construct in his head without anyone's prompting. Frankly speaking, I feel that by comparison he should be much more off (or distrustful) due to the fact that she met him for a mission and deceived him for an extended period of time. I would make perfect sense for him non to trust her and to think he doesn't really know her after that (this should be renewed by the realization that he doesn't really know this version of her either, though in this case it was not her deceiving him, but him deceiving himself). Frankly, the fact that they are ninjas is irrelevant to the discussion If his job was a thief or murderer for hire, it wouldn't really make the family she stole something or someone from more inclined to be well disposed towards her if they knew it was just business for her. It was her mission. Ok. That doesn't mean she has any right to expect that he would not feel betrayed and trust her after discovering it. He might understand that it was a mission, but still not trust her, e she showed that she wasn't above deceiving him -in this case, because of a mission from the village-. It was her mission. It would be perfectly fine for him to understand that, and even acknowledge that he could have been in the same position, and at the same for him not to feel the same way about her afterwards. Saying "I was just following orders" doesn't mean he has to be okay with it and their relationship shouldn't change -frankly, for him not to trust her after that would be perfectly normal, the opposite would be surprising-. The bottom line is that on one hand he clings to her, on the other, he realizes that the person he loves doesn't exist, it was an imaginary figure that lived only inside his head. She is not the woman he loves, only someone that outwardly looks like her. So it doesn't make sense that he would want to be with her, with that realization.

On a last note on the supposed so called "double standard", it should be pointed out (and he should have pointed out) that in this case it was irrelevant and that in specifically in her and Naruto's situation it was completely non-existent. This is just a fact. Naruto himself didn't hold her to a different standard than, say, Kakashi. He had an idea of sex as something noble and elevated, and was as repulsed by her behavior as he was by Kakashi's or Jiraiya's. In other words, he should be telling her that he done't really know why she brings that self pitying bs up. He wasn't someone holding her to a different standard than Kakashi's or Jiraya's. He had a low opinion of both of their behavior, irrespective of their sex. One might argue about Naruto's and her's view of sex in general, but she can't exactly accuse him of a double standard, so it's hard to see why she thinks that she can bring out this point in a somewhat pathetic attempt at self pity. Implying that *he* holds a double standard? He should have asked her why she is bringing this up, and talking to him as if *he* thought that what was wrong for her was right for Kakashi or Jiraiya. Because he could tell her, as he told them, that he find their views on the matter and their behavior all equally repulsive.
Guest chapter 46 . 2/26/2019
Anko's self pity about her reputation would be more believable had she and everyone else not been called them (Kakashi, Jiraiya) perverts and sexual deviants. Not really like Jiraya gets much respect for being a man-slut from people, Anko included, since she calls him that herself -of course, while being oversensitive about people shitting on her for the same thing... of course *that* is not a double standard at all, only those she deigns to point out are-.
Asurayun chapter 32 . 2/23/2019
Mataste a chouji, mataste a sasuke, nerfeaste mas a sakura
Uzukaki chapter 24 . 2/20/2019
Yo. Shika is a cold mf
Uzukaki chapter 19 . 2/20/2019
Dude I laughed during this chapter. Like out loud
Xhock chapter 39 . 2/4/2019
Naruto after 2 year training is worse somehow than Naruto 12 old... He was the one to say Sakura should quit and then , 2 years later says the opposite ...
NaaMaloom chapter 2 . 2/4/2019
Story should be called That Whore Anko
RykOakwine chapter 1 . 12/24/2018
Ah, it was good to reread this, after so long. One of the first Naruto fanfic I ever read, after True Monster. Millions of words of Naruto fanfic I've read since and this simple story still touches my heart.

Some couple of years ago I even tried to start a fundraiser to commission the completion of the story. It didn't work out; back then there was only Kickstarter and they didn't allow fundraising for commission works.

Alas.

If someone ran a GoFundMe to raise whatever the remaining 15 chapters this story has left would cost to commission, I'd certainly donate.

But yeah, the story meant enough to me to be willing to pay to see it finished.

Can't say that about many fanfic.

Thank you for sharing this much of it with us, Nelson. Thousands of us actually do appreciate it. :)
8,137 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »