Reviews for Shattered
anemix chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
That's really sad, though I think it's correct. Either that or he's really good at ignoring/forgetting things. Probably immersed in a new, interesting, fun problem to solve. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Arhinn chapter 2 . 4/21/2010
It may just be me, but I see this short piece as a strong platform for a much larger story.

Without changing the perspective - in essence, allowing the Doctor to continue analyzing the unique "position" of Earth (by which I do not mean between Venus and Mars) as well as self-analyzing - I think that you could write a thought provoking exploratory piece.

It'd be interesting to see the Doctor take hold of this critical question and go on a journey to seek out the answer.

That said, seeing as this is 10th Doctor centric, chances are you'd have to break "canon" in order to write it given how series 5 ends.

Anyway. All in all, I think it was well written.

There was only one sentence I stumbled on (in part 1):

"...You developed addictions, but he'd always needed humans."

The "you" to "he'd" threw me off. With that in mind, perhaps the thought being conveyed here is that humans/other-species develop addictions however the Doctor doesn't. Perhaps the Doctor can distinguish between an addiction and a true need - and thus has come to the realization that he truly needs human companionship in order to survive.

An interesting train of thought.

Again. Well written. Enjoyable.

Keep up the good work.
sarahlilly95 chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
Oh no, the evil chibis! Interesting.
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
nice
Aslook chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
Random.
Laura Harkness chapter 2 . 4/24/2009
intriguing!

personally i think the answer lies in what they told o'neill in "the fifth race". i wont repeat it here although there's nothing i'd like better right now than to quote that entire episode, or at least the ending of it which always makes me cry like a baby.

(and yes, i'm still thinking about stargate ever since your story yesterday - its all your fault!)

;-)

this is lovely. again, so poetic - beautifully written and just so poignant. lovely, lovely, lovely.
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
oh. my. god.

whew. well... at the end of a really bad day this was quite a pick-me-up... (joking).

POETIC! BEAUTIFUL! SAD! POIGNANT!

i just totally adored this:

You couldn't fall in love with one. It broke your hearts. To watch the energy and beauty fade so quickly. Oh, it broke him. But he kept finding humans to love. And he broke. Again and again.

wow. total brillance.

i was hoping for a little humor... you did warn us though, so that's okay. but still.. you know... a sort of bugs bunny moment at the end... a "nah".

whew. you are amazing.

and i love it that you harken back to susan foreman. i love that... the point where everything begins.