Reviews for Good Time at Your Expense
zelasswilder chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I think you did a great job nailing Sands and El's characters. It's a hard job to nail either of them so I congratulate you!

"Regardless, El was sure that Sands had grown up in some American state that nobody really cared about, where everything was completely different from Mexico. Like Alaska, maybe, because he was pretty sure that, with its small population, that's where Sands started to talk to himself so goddamn much." That's probably my all time favorite line from any OUATIM fic I've read. It's a hard thing to put a past to Sands's personality considering how psychotic he is. I've seen people mix up his character with other Depp characters and you've managed to write him and keep him nice and crazy.

It's actually harder to capture El's personality than Sands, I feel. I think you did a good job. People tend to write him more brooding and sulky and you managed to write him with a sense of humor and that's incredibly refreshing. It gives him that nice Desperado feel.

Once again, good job. OUATIM feedback is hard to come by so I decided to give you a nice long review. Hah. Definitely going to favorite this.
Kerttu chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Pointless fics have this PWP acronym... but this one had a good flow, so I would not say it was pointless. Everybody might get into thinking about Sands and his past and habits. The man IS a mystery and oh don't we all like to know what he hides, do we?

A good piece!
ReKoJ chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Limited knowledge or not. I think that you nailed this one. Good job!