Reviews for Dearest Doctor Arkham
ScarlettRose390 chapter 1 . 7/10
To keep from repeating everyone else (ie: REALLY FUNNY) I like how it homages the original letter while putting it's own spin on it. It's not just a word for word copy just in the Joker's voice (though that would have been just as funny) it is specifically set in the Batman universe. I wasn't aware Jeremiah was a Batman character at first, though it is a funny name to repeat (imagine if it was Amadeus? Yikes). I also like to imagine when Joker is writing in different ways he'll still manage to do it in pencil, like pressing down extra hard to make the font appear bolded and then sharpen the pencil with the knives he no doubt has at his disposal. Overall, really clever!
145796213 chapter 1 . 1/29/2016
I loved the threat at the end. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
*dies of laughter*
That actually might work, if he doesn't get a reply pointing out that they could afford better food if the building stopped getting broken so thoroughly it needed extensive rebuilding every month or so. *cackles*
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
I loved that, simply adorable!
Slade J. Wilson chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Hilarious I love it
ugross chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
Oh my God this fic is HILARIOUS. The Joker is really in character, and I love how you use weird styles of formatting.
NightWing18 chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
I LAUGHED SO HARD I DIED. I AM NOW YOUR PERSONAL GHOST!
Light8mare chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
I believe I got a couple odd looks while reading this as I was doing so in my computer class and laughing too loudly to stifle it properly. Love how he changes how he writes throughout the letter.
Your brilliant. XD
animus nocendi chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I don't know how having my own food make me fear for my life is treating my mental condition, Jeremiah. Perhaps you can shed some light on that.

YOUR ASYLUM'S FOOD SYSTEM IS BRINGING BACK TRAUMATIC MEMORIES, JEREMIAH. THIS DOES NOT BODE WELL.

THE riddler, jeremiah—i know that it is considered bad for progress to use our villain names—but THE riddler himself could not give me AN answer.

Those above, those just killed me. I actually died of laughter, heavy bout of violent laughter that shook me to my core. I absolutely loved this and honest, this must be the single funniest thing I've ever had the good fortune to read. The changes in writing structure, the sheer egoism sprinkled through the piece, the references to the pencil trick, I must admit they also helped do me in. Thank you for sharing :D
bythesea232 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
This was awesome!
Foxcub2 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
hahaha! loved it!
lamiraflor chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I absolutely loved it!
Ved17 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah! I almost threw up laughing so hard! You, my fellow author, are great!
Kittyy w chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Great letter, after seeing your A/N above, I had to read the best complaint letter and when I did, I was not disappointed. The letter to Richard was bloody hilarious; thank you for that. The Joker had a close second; the bit about the scarecrow was great. But the part about THE riddler was awesome and most definitely my favorite. Thanks again for the laugh! Haha
Taryn Myst chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Utterly hilarious and totally plausible. My gosh I love it.