Reviews for Call to Kinship
LilZuzu chapter 20 . 5/29/2014
I know it's a big stretch to ask this but I lie your story so if you could update I would be very very very happy!
Guest chapter 20 . 6/28/2010
You updated :D I really liked this chapter. Action, humor, and angry Zuko. Who could ask for more?

I really feel bad for Zuko, always being treated like he can't handle himself. I'm sure it's really aggrivating and it's just one more reason why he's stressed all the time. But then again, I also feel bad for all of his subordinates who are just trying to do their jobs but are unable to because of his stubborn personality. But considering Zuko's knack for stepping right into assassination attempts, I have to say, giving him his own bodyguard staff is really the best thing to do. But honestly, things probably would have been a whole lot simpler if thing whole bodyguard idea had happened a long time ago xD

From the little bits of his personality that we get here, Yeko seems awesome :D And he's definately going to have his hands full if he's the Fire Lord's round-the-clock babysitter. ;D Although, he'd probably be relieved whenever Katsuo was around, which is actually a lot of the time, so maybe his job won't end up being that hard afterall. c:

I do have to wonder what happened to Soucharou though. He obviously knew what was going on and was able to take advantage of it. Hopefully he won't be too much of a problem for our crew in the future o:

Really, I'm so glad that you updated and I'll be waiting for the next installment. Also, congrats on the new puppy (:
Kisuke Urahara chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Interesting story, well written, an amusing insight into Zuko's palace life. I would have liked however to know who the air-bender child was born to. . . . I mean we know who Aang was looking at but I mean you never know.
simply anonymous chapter 19 . 4/16/2010
uh-oh, i'm sensing a bit of trouble in the near future.. ]
Guest chapter 19 . 4/4/2010
I know it's been a little while since you've updated this, but I really hope you do soon because I've spent a good portion of my day reading, and thoroughly enjoying, this story.

I first, I was really hoping that Kaido would become the victor in the battle of stealing Zuko's heart, but I have to admit he seems a bit too serious and Zuko really needs someone a bit more playful, like Katsuo. Plus the interactions between Kaido and Keiichi and just hilarious and their bipolar attitudes towards one another are adorably childish. I do think that Renichi hit the nail on the head though when he described it as PMS

Oh- I also love how despite the rather large age gap between the two, it's General Kaido that is taking more initiative in their relationship. Haha, that was what made me laugh the most when Keiichi's age was unvieled.

Poor Juyoi, too be so far away from home and find out /after/ ha's gone through so much trouble to find that he wasn't getting paid. I think the little group of Fire Nation citizens may need to have a bake sale or something so they can raise enough funds for his salary ;D

I adored the touching moment between the Fire Lord and his Advisor in this chapter, as they begin to work out a few of the looming kinks in their relationship. Really- it had the potential to become a really tender turning point for them, if not for the ever present Katsuo dropping in a precisely the worst possible time... like always xD

Kaido is undoubtedly my favorite character in this story. I really don't have a reason, but he seems so easy to adore 3 I really wish that he had a chance to shine a bit more though. Katsuo seems to be the more impressive twin most of the time, but it's obvious from their pasts that Kaido has a lot of remarkable talents as well, if he didn't he wouldn't be a General, or so close to the Fire Lord.

Update soon (:
Jamien Grey chapter 19 . 3/22/2010
Wow, that was a fun mental image to start off with. Which one is smoking the pot though, the chimera or the unicorn?

*claps excitedly* Y?ay! They're actually moving somewhere in their relationship! Even though Keiichi hates Kaido half that time. I suggest couples counseling.

Poor Juyoi doesn't get paid. He's too awesome not to get paid though.

Ha! XD Keiichi's a cradle robber! Hilarious.

Anyways, I'm not feeling creative with the reviewing today, so I'm done. But I have to ask, why all the damn cliffhangers?
yue-chan chapter 19 . 3/20/2010
Keiichi and Kaido sating on a tree... - go aroud singing to everybody on the street -

poor kaido, did he never realise the eficience this kind of things spread? a explosion is easier to control XD

and it's just me or katsuo looks a little bit more fan of touching? kawaii zuko disearves that

and poor, poor juyoi i.i he's in a airship with a bunch of crazies (one of then a teenager king) and is not getting paid!

God help kaido if our captain get his hands on him -.-'

And I'm dieing to know who was observing the camp! It's the enemy? We are going to have serious kick ass? *.*

Well I gess I will have to wait and see

Thanks for comenting my review. I realy apreciate that.

See you next chapter

Kiss
Jamien Grey chapter 18 . 3/6/2010
*has a minature heart attack* Holy crap! I didn't get the alert for the new chapter! I didn't even know this was here! I'm such a horrible fan -.- I mean really, its been like two times now that I've reviewed late. And I'm paranoid that if I don't review, you wont post (yes, as a matter of fact, I do believe the world revolves around me). I'm sorry *throws apology cookies at you*.

Anyway, very very good chapter. Makes it all the more worse that I'm late. Interesting thing about the Dai Lee, nice twist to the story. And I like the damaged goods thing you have going on with Katsuo and Zhao. And what with the scar you mentioned on Keiichi's neck, I'm kind of curious if he has his own back story in the makings.

Awe, Kaido was being protective of Keiichi, how cute -. And finally! Something happened between them, though it was terribly awkward, though I like it that way. Neither of them seem like they wouldn't be awkward, so it fits their characters. "reluctantly attracted to you" That great, should be put on valentines cards XD. But that whole scene makes me want to giggle its so painfully adorable.

Ha, code for really need to pee, that's funny. And Katsuo and Zuko are as painfully awkward at relationships as Kaido and Keiichi. And the kissing Kaido thing was extremely random. And yes, Zuko's reaction was very anticlimactic. But a good end to the chapter, if you like that whole cliffhanger thing.

Nice Star Wars reference, by the way.
yue-chan chapter 18 . 2/15/2010
very very interesting

I'm curious about that twins, they can be so cute whan they want

And Zuko in the middle XD

But, honestly, I think you are makeing Zuko a little "helpless princess" here -.-''

Anyway..

See you
Not exactly a review chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Where I'm from, we call them Puh-KAHNs.

Also, I can kill you with my brain. ;)
Jamien Grey chapter 17 . 1/29/2010
For once, one of your chapter titles actually makes a bit of sense. And my internets been down, so I was like "Holy cap" when I realised this was posted on the 20th. I feel like a crappy loyal fan for not reading it for nine days.

Yay, crash landing! That's always great. Maybe a sign someones gonna die, but always interesting to read. And once again, Juyoi proves to be one of my favourite characters.

You know, for some reason, when I read this, I had a mental picture of the locals that was something like the people in Apocalypto. Probably completely inaccurate, but still. Its probably because of the poison dart thing.

Ha, lovers quarrel. I suppose that's a wierd form of progress, sort of, in a way...And Katsuo, always with the random opening of holes in walls. Spys, psh.

Hey! I noticed the K thing early on. I was like "FINALLY! ITS MENTIONED!" when that happened, then he goes and collapses, and I'm like "Damn..."

So, in summary of my just-woke-up-still-slightly-out-of-things rambling, I liked it.
Jamien Grey chapter 16 . 1/4/2010
- The end made me smile. Well, the whole thing did, it was amusing and cute. But especially the end. I like the line

"there was a small dip in the bed beside him" the most. I feel like it kind of sets the tone for the scene. And it seems like Kaido is coming to his senses about Keiichi, which its about time.

Oh, and I looked at your profile, and apparently I'm a love slave. I was like "wierd, that's never happened" when I saw that.

On a side note, how did your NaNoWriMo go?
Evol-chan chapter 16 . 1/2/2010
Btw... Derangedandlovinit is my sister's account... I was using it when I reviewed... XD Sorry for the mix up and thanks again for the new chapter!
DerangedandLovinIt chapter 16 . 12/31/2009
I stayed up specifically to read this. XD Sacrificing my sleep for your story. It was well written, but I was depressed. Ah, well. I can wait till next time; Maybe I'll draw something that's actually nice b4 then. BTW, you can now find the pic on my profile. XD Once again, thank you so much for continuing this fic, I for one really enjoy it. I can't wait for the next chapter. Wish you have an awesome new year! And please kill no small mammals.
Evol-chan chapter 15 . 12/26/2009
I had no clue there was a new chapter. Which is probably good- Considering the cliffies I would have gone insane if I had to wait 2 months. Now, I only have to wait a week. XD It was awesome. I am LOVING the Keichi Kaido development; I still say I'm their #1 fangirl. You should draw them together or something so I can make myself a shirt. XD Ultimatly, it is your writing that makes them as a coupling and this entire story so addicting. Thank you SO much. I'm a big fan of yours too. I cant wait for the next chapter!