Reviews for Of Orcs, Rangers, and Peach Pie
Imbecamiel chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
M, such a lovely little story! I thoroughly enjoyed readng it again. :D

I love that Halbarad and Aragorn both do have excellent points in the "who's the best person to get injured" argument. ;) Hehe, poor Halbarad is at rather a disadvantage, though, on two counts: first, it's hard to be perfectly wholehearted in your argument when the very self-sacrificing willingness to endanger himself for others that is so infuriating is also one of the very things that makes Aragorn the man he so admires; and second... well... even if Aragorn weren't willing to put himself in danger, he's such a trouble magnet, I think he'd have a hard time keeping it from finding him anyway. So some days, arguing that Aragorn should try to stay away from danger is like telling a child to stop growing up so fast - quite pointless, and certainly not something you truly think they would heed, even if they could. *bg*

Wonderful! Such a perfect blend of angstiness, heartwarming friendship, with great touches of humor. Love it!

And now I want some peach pie. Maybe I can talk Nef into making some... She's learned how to make just wonderful pies, lately. Blueberry, blackberry, chocolate, pecan... *is getting hungry just thinking about it*

- Cami
singinginthedrain chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Oh, that was plenty angsty enough for me, and funny to boot. Quite a ruse dear Halbarad plays there - peach pie indeed! Really enjoyed this Aragorn 'seems to be hallucinating' story. I mean, Legolas wasn't ever really there, was he? And Halbarad made up the story about the peach pie? Either way, it seems to be a particular weakness of Aragorn's.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I just love this story. I hope you'll write more Aragorn and Halbarad as they are one of my favourite friendship pairings.
Firefly-Maj chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
A very enjoyable story! At times I didnt know whom to pity more, poor Aragorn or poor Halbarad... )

The next time Ill eat peach pie, Ill think of them!
Ida Cippo chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Peach pie... o.O? I am still wondering. Is peach pie truly THIS good to make a wounded Ranger walk on and on just to be able to taste it?

Hm, maybe I should it then D!

That was cute Tinu! Seriously, I know it was somewhere supposed to be angst but that comment in the middle of it about Peach Pie and the final statements, that kind of took away the whole angst beginning.

But it was great no matter what!
tasmat chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
ah, the delightfully wonderful absurdity of peach pie, and Aragorn

*clap*
Mirach chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
I love Halbarad's logics! Maybe Aragorn is such a good healer, because he knows all the injuries from personal experience :)

Their whole conversation is just perfect. “I do not think I can" - now who could be angry at him for this!

And it's so sweet how Halbarad tries to keep Aragorn awake by tricks like this one. Obviously he knows him very good and knows what will work.

And Elladan should know by now that it's a mistake to let Aragorn go anywhere out of Rivendell with anyone, himself including... :D

I enjoyed this story very much, thank you!
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Very cute...but now what I wouldn't give for some pie!
Nosterineth chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Hahaha, Tinu, what a wonderful story!

It's not really angsty, though. I chuckled nearly all the time - those conversations were priceless! I also love the way you show Halbarad's care and worry about Aragorn.

Again, this piece if indeed awesome. Humorous and heart-warming at a time. I do love it!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Oh, this made me hungry. :)

This was very nice... Halbarad features so rarely, and it's nice to read a fic about the relationship between him and Aragorn.

Poor Halbarad! It must be a difficult life, with Aragorn being not only his friend but also the last hope for the survival of his race. (And I like the thought of his wife making peach pie for Aragorn. That's a nice homey scene... Somehow, even if you visualize Legolas' mother as being alive at this time, you can't imagine an Elf queen sliding pies out of the oven. *g*)

/I’ll be a lonely king if I just stand by and watch… while a friend gets shot,” his companion remarked.

“I am sure both Arwen and Middle-earth would prefer to get you lonely and hale, instead of dead and surrounded by friends,” Halbarad countered./

I'm sure Aragorn's friends would prefer that as well! But his response to Halbarad's comment was perfect. :)

And where is Legolas? Halbarad's thought about wishing it were true that he went to get help made me very nervous.

The part at the end where Elladan and Elrohir found them was beautiful. And the image of Aragorn leaning against Elrohir and thinking about peach pie... Oh, now I'm hungrier! But all the bakeries must be closed by now. :(

A brilliant story, mellon nin - I loved it!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2