Reviews for With Interest
Crackerjackalope chapter 1 . 12h
I really like this. I've read it five times today.
Megilien chapter 1 . 1/27
A simple ''yes, it worked'' would be a huge understatement. This story's honestly such an amazing little gem- one of the best I've seen from this fandom, which is why I'm feeling a twinge of regret over the fact that this and ''Lanterns'' [also lovely in every way] are most likely the only opportunities I'll ever have of being this mesmerised by your grasp of these characters and their bizarrely charming, heartwarming relationship.

What blows my mind the most is just how right you got Beetlejuice's voice, something that would be hugely impressive even if you had just stuck to one of the versions. Yet despite combining movie and toon!Beej,the result is one of the most IC portrayals of him I've ever come across -just all-around wonderful job of showing how underneath all that cussing and all was a loneliness that responded to Lydia's, a softness that his initial curiosity and stubborn streak allowed her to slowly draw out via one wonderful little glimpse of kindness, intelligence and fiery passion at a time, until he firmly found himself in AdorationLand. Until her problems became his focus instead of his own [that ''fuck 'em'' speech was so great]. That's some awesome character and relationship development you pulled off so organically; which shouldn't come as a surprise, considering you're crazy talented at hitting all the right emotional beats, in ways that are both beautiful and memorable- I found lines like "while I tried to adjust my view of the universe to better accommodate her'', or the very last two, to be hugely powerful.

Whether you still keep up with your notifications or not, I'd still like to say thank you for writing and sharing this- it made my evening _ !
ame-ga-korobu chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
It worked. You know what I mean.
oddgoth chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Best 'how they met' story i'v read! maybe you could add more chapters to this too?
blackberryhunttress chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I don't think I've ever liked a story SO much, with SO MUCH cussing. But this was utterly brilliant.

Your characterization just blows expectation straight out of the water. I mean seriously, I don't think you could have written a more surprisingly delightful fic. It's very intrigueing and you have readers rooting for Beej at the end and it's just perfection.

So thank you for writing this, and compelling me to be moved by such filthy language, ha. -Peace, Blackberry ;)
MelodyWinters chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Totally love this! :D I am renewing my adoration of this couple and you capture them beautifully.

LOVE! Thanks for sharing!

FairDrea chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I love this. Just absolutly loved it. I think the entire idea leading up to a smooth transition from movie to cartoon was excellently handled. And the way it was told from Beetlejuice's perspective...just amazing. I had my reservations as I'm not normally into first person reading but this was was perfection. From every crass comment to his crude admission of love. Like he hated that he loved her but at the same time he owned up to it to the point that if anyone called him out on it he'd say "hell yes I love her" and then beat the shit out of them. This was just a total treat to read. :)
Tora II chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
"Tried to get them from Point A to Point B. Tell me if it worked."

I'll say it did! Awesome story, and I loved BJ's POV, nicely done! :D
Crazed Fuzzle chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Amazing work. Usually when people blend the movie and cartoon, the transition feels a little awkward-but this feels utterly natural. I can easily see their cartoon relationship following what you've laid out here. BJ's voice is just about perfect, and his attitude (particularly with that ending statement) is so undeniably *him* that reading this made me grin.
TheOptimisticPessimist chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
It worked.

I could feel it in the middle.

I had a eureka moment and thought 'OH! I see what theys was going for!"

I saw what you did there.

Very nice.

Ningen Demonai chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
ardnek chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
This is really great. Her tarnstion( I don't even know it I spelt that right) was awesome. And the plot line was great. Are you going to write a sequel?
Substitute Reality chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Haha! Now I do like a good sappy love story, but I'd be lying if I said I don't LOVE one that has the word 'fuck' in every other sentance! Great work! I love this!
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I really liked it. Not a huge fan of all that language, but after attempting to ignore most of it (well, at least the G- parts) I really enjoyed this. I like how she's the only one who can touch him and not only does she but she makes him fall in love with her. I like how his world slowly evolves so that she's at his center, and now she's all that matters to him. There were some truly beautiful (in a different sort of way) sentiments in this.
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
That was fantastic.

Fucking hell, I love her.

Chew on that, you fucking bastards. I fucking win.

See that line? That is an example of pure WIN !