Reviews for Left Holding the Bag
nermalasu chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
look at bella getting all gushy for edward! me loves it! but it's too bad that emmett had to go missing for them to meet. great chapter, thanks so much for the update!
siromygod chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Woah, I've never seen a younger brother Emmett before. I'm curious to see what his personality is like when we meet him. Er... At least I hope we get to meet him. So much of Emmett's personality seems to hinge on him being the older brother, the protector. It'll be fun. And fantastic job darlins'! Doll face. Lol.
Ivygirl702 chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Thanks for the recommendation on the 1/2 view. Definitely the way I'll be reading from now on...

Another great chapter to this story. I really love the noir feel you ladies are making. Can't wait to see where you all take us.

Thanks for updating!
SorceressCirce chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Fantastic job yet again :) I know I mentioned it already, but I really enjoy the differences in the voices of Bella and Alice. Bella's views on flappers are interesting - I can't wait to see if she changes her mind as she gets to know Alice a little better. I'm intrigued by Emmett. I love that Bella kept thinking about Edward - and her descriptions were quite nice. Thanks for writing :)
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Dearest Pants and Socks,

I do declare that you two devilish women are trying to kill me slowly. First, Emmett is missing. *lets out a small cry* And if that wasn't enough, Edward called Bella doll face *small swoon* and I think I started to die inside a little. I am so pleased that you are writing this work, and look forward to finding out what happened to Emmett. And I am certainly looking forward to seeing Edward and Alice go out on the town.

Loving you both as always,

vfps

LittleMissWhitlock
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Ah, Garrett, we hardly knew ye. Love the noir setting and the stereotypes being portrayed by Edward (The Hero) and Alice (The Vamp/Foil). In comes The Ingenue, Bella. I can tell this is going to be a fun ride!
kimberlycullen10 chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
another amazing chapter from jasperlurks. as if i hadnt come to expect it from you guys anyway. but, y'know, i just have to mention it. :D

i love that when y'all switch POV's, you dont just retell the chapter from the other character, but you start from an important exchange and expand upon the scene from there. ive read so many stories where the author just writes the entire chapter from the other POV, with no new information. sometimes that sort of thing is necessary, but you guys really do this perfectly. bloody brilliant. alice and bella are polar opposites, and by getting their short conversation from both perspectives, this is very apparent. alice is perky and outgoing, and bella is resigned and proper. they are both perfect for that time period in completely different ways, and i think thats going to be a big part of their relationship once it develops. i cant wait to see it, either. :)

a few of my favorite lines:

Alice seemed to sense my discomfort, and said, “Everything’s going to be all right, Miss Swan, I just know it,” as I passed. -dear bella, listen to her - she *knows.* no, really. love always, kimber.

Suddenly, I wanted to find my dope of a brother just to tell him what a dummy he was for getting involved with whatever he’d gotten involved with. -this very subtly develops both bella and emmett's characters. bella is protective and responsible, and emmett is reckless and uninhibited. i bet they have a great dynamic together. i wanna see it. ;)

I looked around. Why I’d attempted to cover up the real details of my brother’s disappearance was beyond me. I supposed it was my sense of propriety; Prohibition had made Emmett’s real reason for visiting Lilly’s illegal. -you guys hardcore researched this time period! (or maybe i should know this and i just didnt pay attention in american history in high school...) but again, its not as if i expected anything less from you guys, this is just a great little detail to add to this era and the story in general. i believe ive mentioned before that y'all have an affinity for details...

He nodded once. “Some of us wish we could all have that kind of mindset, ma’am.” He took a deep breath. -ohh, hurtward. i just want to cuddle you SFM. le sigh.

He shook his head. “Don’t be silly, doll face,” he said, a small smile on his lips.

Before I could respond to his silly labels and masculine overtones, his voice returned to being all business. -hahaha i love this exchange. edwards all charming and bashful and bella is all WTF i dont even think i mind that he called me dollface...

We looked into one another’s eyes for a moment, and I let myself notice that his were green. But not a dull, pale green. They were deep, and dark, nearly forest green. Before I realized it, I felt my fingers pulling lightly at my collar, and I cleared my throat. -BAM. DAZZLED. get used to it, bells.

i fucking love that alice says "nifty." it is so perfect for her. the end.

All I could think of was Edward Masen.

How ridiculous. Preposterous.

His hair was a mess—I’d never seen anything like it. A deep bronze color, it stood at odds with itself, it seemed, all over his head. It was red and brown all at once. His eyes were deep, green and telling. His voice was smooth and clean and sweet and caring, and I found myself wanting to hear it again.

He was gorgeous.

-good god, this description left me pulling at MY collar and clearing MY throat. just jump his bones, for god's sake. DO IT. do it for me!

*sighs* again, a wonderful chapter. i love you both SFM and you have me wanting more already. im sure thats shocking, though. ;)
Holmesie chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Oh 1920's Bella, she's so prim and proper. haha. Loves it!

Awesome story! Tres excited for whats next!
ababababa chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
i like bella :) good job yall keep it up!
Sheeijan chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
Bella's so prim and proper! I hope Edward shakes her up a bit. *grin* Definitely someone who grew up too quickly and matured to take care of her family. I loved that Edward called her dollface. I don't know why that tickles me so much.

I took a look at that photo of Edward in the suspenders. Gah! Makes you just want to get down on your knees, grab those suspenders and pull forward... or down... um... yeah...

Thanks for the update!
IhaveMYedward chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
I'm waiting anxiously for Edward to fall backwards in his chair. I was hoping it would happen when he met Bella LOL.

Another great chapter! So, who's pov is next?

~Emily
twilightnaley19 chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
I LOVED THIS CHAPTER. LOVED THE BELLA AND EDWARD, AND I AM GLAD THAT BELLA COULDNT STOP THINKING ABOUT EDWARD AND THAT THEY HAD A MOMENT. UPDATE SOON!
nermalasu chapter 2 . 4/29/2009
oh alice, how i love thee! great chapter, i'm glad she decided to go for her dream! thanks so much for the update!
Holmesie chapter 2 . 4/29/2009
Loves it! So original and fun! It was fun reading into Alice's personality, she would like detective work; well played! lol. Awesome job, your writing is phenominal! Excited for more! :D
tiffanyc chapter 2 . 4/29/2009
I loved getting an insight into Alice's personality
620 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 .. Last Next »