Reviews for Left Holding the Bag
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
um chapter two? alice's little in my head accent? yes please and thank you!

i think its funny how alice also knows that one day his leaning back in the chair is gonna nip him in the butt :)

*waggles eyebrows*

pants and socks you guys make a great teamsky!
kimberlycullen10 chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
oh mands, how ive missed your writing!

you have alice's tone and style and characterization down fucking PAT! this was simply brilliant. you totally get the language and the general "feel" of that era, and i am completely and utterly, knock-the-breath-outta-me, incredibly impressed with this whole chapter.

i was so happy to hear alice's background! you really developed her character in the best, clearest ways possible. you infused so many small details to just give her that little extra alice kick. and to have background regarding her love for fashion and style was great! so often alice is portrayed as a shallow shop-a-holic in fanfiction. of course, i knew this wouldnt be jasperlurks's alice at all (d-u-h), but its still great to see how perfect she turned out!

this may have been my favorite line in the whole chapter, though its tough to pick:

Playing it fast was my style, asking forgiveness was always easier than asking permission.

*sighs* fucking fabulous. i cant wait for more. im sure thats shocking, though! xx
geosgirl chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
I'm loving this Alice!
ash902 chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
The dialogue is so great...you can practically hear the strong colloquialisms and accents while reading it. Can't wait for some more and I love that you throw in pics for readers to reference...
NoWaitThisIsAwesome chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Ok, you rockstars! You did it again. Aghh.. I am so greedy, I want you to post, like 15 chapters at once so I can lose myself in it. The era is really very well done and again, you have totally rocked my pants and socks, respectively. ;)
SorceressCirce chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
I was so excited to see this update :)

I really like the voice here…it’s got that spunky 20s detective vibe going. You ladies are great.

This broke my heart – “She died giving birth to me.” Especially since she wasn’t supposed to be able to have children.

I enjoy the way she talks about “Pops” and the relationship they had. It’s clear they were very close, and she obviously grew up being a bit of a tomboy, probably thanks to being raised by dad. I like that she stopped hiding things from him.

Her image was great – I laughed when I read about the “grizzled” P.I. she had the vision of. LOL I really enjoyed her reassessment of Edward. (Btw, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but the idea of “Edward Masen, P.I.” is fuckhot)

“black suspenders hung past his waist” – Gah. And then “He was in obvious need of a woman’s touch.” – I SO volunteer.

I love the way Alice worms her way into the business – the leaving the door open, giving advice, and so on. It’s such an Alice thing to do.

I really like the difference in speech between Alice and Bella. It helps highlight how unconventional Alice is.

I am enjoying this story and looking forward to the next chapter :)
siromygod chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
"I’m pretty. I’m petite. I’ve got excellent taste in fashion."

Oh Alice, always confident.

"He had the gall to ask me for my credentials."

Alice, darlin', never stop being awesome. Promise me.

"One of these days, that leaning back habit’s going to get him in trouble."

LMAO. Alice so called it.

And I also loved the part where she just randomly yelled out, "I quit."

Fantastic chapter. Loved it.
twilightnaley19 chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
loved this chapter. alice is such a spitfire. update soon!
BelleDuJour chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Ah, Alice! So wise and patient! Love her back story.

Edward in suspenders has my brain all addled and happy.
Sheeijan chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Huh. For some reason the mental picture of Alice in the morgue, is just... weird. Ew. I admire those who work with the dead, because I think it takes a lot to do that. Alice has a lot of mental strength, that's for sure. Thanks for the backstory with her, you did a nice job making it interesting but not dragging it out. But the details were enough that I felt like I had a real handle on her.

Thanks for the update!
fattoad chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Great chapter!
IhaveMYedward chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Edward suspenders drool.

I really loved this chapter. Alice's pov was fun! :)
tiffanyc chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
This is an interesting setting! Im excited to read more.
ash902 chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This story sounds pretty damn intriguing...I love this time period and each of your writing styles will blend perfectly to the era. I can't wait to read some more...
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Ladies, ladies, where could I possibly begin?

*stretches fingers and poises them over the keyboard*

Chapter one, chapter one...hmm...synomym for good...no, great...hmm...how about...AHA! BloodyFANTASTIC!

how did y'alls know I was a fan of the 20s AND have a secret desire to be a flapper? *tapes temple* i knew you were some smart cookies, most def. made of wins.

i love how i can see it all in black and white in my head, too. edward all dick tracyesque...

looking forward to more.