Reviews for Musician's Block
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Aww, poor Holmes. He's having a rough day.
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Sheesh, that's beautiful, I've never been able to play an insturment but i've had days like this. How wonderfully and fully you've managed to capture the frustration of not being able to express it in any form.

Poignant is the word I would choose.

Well done,

Leslie
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Why indeed?
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
As always, you do a very good job of getting into Holmes' mind! The atmosphere is consistent and well-drawn, and I know exactly what mood you're talking about. The frustration and good memories of playing are both very vivid. :)
reginavictoria chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Tthat description fits my own thoughts at times very nicely. I know just how he feels. So much frustration that you want to scream, because you so desperately want to play it... and you know you can perform it very well, in a way that only you can... but something goes wrong and you just can't and then you're forced to give up...

Ahem... pardon me. Thanks for a nice read!
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
*currently listening to Zigeunerweisen* xD

Fantastic. I know precisely how he feels, though perhaps not musically. There are just days...where you can't create, and the instruments of your creativity make you feel even worse. :(
Be3 chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Wonderful! Surgically precise. Oh, this helpless, mute, keening ache in the fingertips.

It is no use to act on such impulses as Holmes now did. It is a real torment. A book of poetry might help a bit, with every word in it taut like a bent poker, but would he think of a book?
demonslayer0917 chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Holmes is a bit too mindless and clueless. He would litterally psycho analyze the problem rather then give up. Then, he would pick up the bow again and with full concentration do it again. Holmes is not emotional, he's logical.
FoggyKnight chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Very nice, I love it. I'll bet Watson would be about to come in from his rounds too. He never seems to let Holmes be able to sit in a black mood for long if he can help it, it's like Holmesdar.
KCS chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
This is so awesome. I never thought about having musician's block before; I've played the piano for 17 years but not by ear, only by theory and music so it doesn't really apply. It only makes sense that composers would have those issues.

I love all your very original ideas to bits, you know that?