Reviews for The Wrong Beginning
kirr1001 chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
what if-stories are always quite interesting nice
perlaret chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Okay, so I've read this a few times, always with the intent of trying to review. However, you always leave me at a loss for words with this, so it's been kind of counterproductive.

Well, maybe not at a loss for words. But I figured you'd appreciate it if I said something more than, "Oh. Tentacle rape. That's nice."

Because that? Pretty much sums it up.

Anyway, I love the twistedness of this. It's dark without being too squicky (though you do toe that line occasionally). I love how we catch a glimpse of the entire ensemble, and how their lives might have turned out differently if not for Kagome's appearance. (Rin's death and Sesshoumaru bypassing her corpse was especially noteworthy, I think.)

The last scene is so interesting. I'm so curious as to how Naraku knew how time SHOULD have turned out, and makes me wonder if he orchestrated it entirely. (I also wonder how the jewel broke, if Kagome didn't shoot it, now that I think of it.) Definitely brings plenty of interesting ideas about alternate realities and time bending to mind.

Anyway, thank you for the wonderful, altogether creepy read!
yumi michiyo chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
(For some reason, I keep thinking of Aiffe's Fate as I was reading *grins*)

Whoa. Deliciously dark and horrifying - it makes me wonder just what inspired this piece _;;

A very interesting look at what could have happened if Kagome had faltered. How everything could change and become so horribly wrong. The deaths of the main characters are both appropriate (perhaps because I'm the evil sort meself) and enchantingly gory.

The ending is quite appropriate, though, in paralleling canon. The entire fic is made all the more disturbing/poignant because of this. I especially enjoyed the ending with Naraku - it just drives everything home.

I'm rambling now :)
Roxotaku chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Urgh...you were possessed by a sister of my Evil Bitch Muse to have written such a story! I hear her cackling in my left ear - I think she is jealous she did not have such a horrifying idea!

I do like it that it was Kagome's choice to not run that changed it all, funny how one small alteration can have cataclysmic effect on an outcome.

This story made me shiver...so if you meant to horrify, I say job well done!
Lunabellla chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
...O_O...Whoa...that was...wow.
Caitriona chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Whoa. Dark Indeed. Nicely done. I like the domino effect that can be felt with each and every section of the fic.

For want of a nail the kindgom was lost...

Thanks for sharing with us.

Caitriona
Griddlebone chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This is seriously the best kind of darkfic. Gruesome without being too gory, violent without being pointlessly so, and darkly horrifying without descending to cheap thrills and cliched attempts at scariness. I truly enjoyed the way the plot moved through each repercussion, each consequence of such a simple change so early in the journey... Everything could have gone wrong so very easily. And the way you played that out with Naraku's words to Kagome at the end was absolutely perfect. This story is probably the best darkfic I've read in a very long time. Good job!
MalachiteFlames chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Wow, I really liked it!
Neisha chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
This is wonderfully dark and twisted. I enjoyed this piece... though I DO have to get my end of the dare finished now, don't I?

Neisha