Reviews for Enchantment
coolcat12345 chapter 1 . 4/9
This is beautiful and has great and colourful language. I'm not sure what to think of portrayal of Titania here.
hi chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
What a beautiful story. I love seeing things from Alex's persepctive.
ephemerae chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This was marvellous. I don't often critique written material, but it's vivid in the way of a high-contrast photo. Lots of great similes bring sensory impact, but my absolute favorite gem of the lot:

"...his mother a whirlwind of fire-brightness and his father the flash of a knife in the dark..."

Lovely approach to some excellent extrapolated characterization, and the last line is /brilliant/.
rockevergod chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
A very peculiar story. Have trouble understanding it the first time but, in the second, I follow what you are trying to say. I would have to say it is unique.
anon chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Sweet He has private tutors to teach him the workings of the world, science and logic and the ordinary simplicity of learning how to spell and to write out names, From his grandfathers, he learns honor, and from his parents and uncle, he learns its price. In the quiet, unstated calmness of his everyday life, he learns that friendship and love are worth dying and killing for, and that power is used to acquire more power, to protect oneself and one's family, and all of the things that are so much more precious than blood.

his mother and his uncle tear through the assassins like a fist through wet paper, and he stares up at his father, grimly sighting down his own pistol, and thinks This is mine, too.

For his next birthday, he gets throwing stars and martial arts lessons and spells to protect and to heal. Somewhere along the way, he picks up tactics and hacking and rudimentary diplomacy, and for his next birthday, his father lets him practice hostile takeovers and his mother gives him his first gun, That night, his uncle teaches him how to kill a man without breaking a single mortal or immortal law. In the morning he's pale and shaky and a little nauseous, but he will learn what he has to learn to survive and protect what is his.

I love it how loving parents he's bred and trained to be a successful heir

I always wanted to see Alex older maybe a girlfriend as well

This was awesome I loved those lines I put here