Reviews for Exhale
A nice moment. Thank you!
mhcalamas chapter 1 . 6/21
Ohhhhhh, I just really really loved all of this: “He stumbled, his lack of balance attributed to his immobility of the last several hours. He stabilized, inches from her, frantically searching out her eyes once more. They made him feel not so numb. Like standing had been worthwhile. She stared back, placing a hand on his arm. His skin burned at the contact. Without a word, she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, burying her face into his collarbone. Shocked, Draco stood unresponsive, unaware how his heart was suddenly beating in his throat. And he was suffocating all over again, in a completely different way. He reached his arms behind her back, loosely, then tighter, and pulled her to him. He breathed her in, deeply, and when he exhaled, he felt alive.” Intense and brilliant and vivid. And I’m feeling all of that with him. And I’m coming alive with him :) Great oneshot!
Hystaracal chapter 1 . 6/19
This certainly has a more optimistic end... And I love the way you've depicted the chaos of Draco's mind. The feeling of being hopeless and lost is palpable.
amalina899 chapter 1 . 4/16
It is amazing how this simple and short story makes me feel so much. You are a very talented and wonderful writer
amalina899 chapter 1 . 4/16
oh wowww this is intensely beautiful.. made me cry a little
Kelsey441 chapter 1 . 3/24
That was so rawthe weight of everything and the sudden inability to move without the tension, the fear, and the adrenaline.I loved it.
Ardentlyadmired chapter 1 . 2/24
Absolutely beautiful!
Kyonomiko chapter 1 . 10/7/2017
Lovely one shot
Phinoa chapter 1 . 9/19/2017
Oh my wow. This was intense! I absolutely loved it! How does it not have hundreds of reviews yet? The language was spot-on, I think my favourite line was when Draco kept counting the seconds, I could almost hear them tick by as I read. The end ... just perfect. So subtle. You captured a complex story spanning over the course of several years with less than 1500 words, and everything still made sense. I will add this to my favourites at once. Thank you for writing this! xx
jeffthemermaid chapter 1 . 9/19/2017
I loved loved loved this. It was beautiful. I really felt Draco's pain and his relief at the end.
LaBelladoneX chapter 1 . 9/18/2017
That was absolutely beautiful! I may...just may...have teared up.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2015
:-)
DelfineNotPadfoot chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
All so simple, all so beautiful.
Dairire chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
"And when he exhaled, he felt alive." Awh, what an amazing story. The raw emotion of it seemed to just seeped of the page and I found myself being suffocated along with Draco. I like the rhythm of the story, the story sentence structure. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to describe it but there's something about this story I've fallen in love with. Thank you :)

- MH
leopion chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I particularly loved the rawness of this piece. Every sentence, every phrase seemed to follow the same pattern of the breathing that they were describing.
The story has an AU setting, which in most case seems to tempt the author into explaining what had happened and what was happening, but you didn’t. You just caught us in the moments, and they spoke for themselves, making the whole thing almost tangible but still not overly exposed. I really admired you for that.
"And he was suffocating all over again, in a completely different way."
This had really made me let out a huge sigh of relief.
Splendid job!