Reviews for Illusions
Detective Desires chapter 1 . 3/25/2017
Nice way to get inside of the Joker's head...
LavenderBlossom74 chapter 1 . 2/27/2016
Wowzers! Wow just wow...I never saw it that way...gahhh, now I'm confused but coolio!
SleepyShaman chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
It is as though you've become the notorious Joker yourself. This is a beautiful read and an interesting insight into his thoughts...really... thank you for writing this for a Joker fan such as I:)
ArgentNoelle chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I really loved the last paragraph, it was very philosophical and beautifully poetic
Princess Twila chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Call me insane, but I would actually love to have a discussion with the Joker. Two people not really schooled in psychology, bantering with each other and trying to prove the other wrong.
Jenicide24 chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Beautiful. I loved it. I felt as if it were truly Joker thinking. ;)
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Great job with this! It was a great introspective piece; I love how you described what made the Joker tick. He definitely sees the world in a different light than anyone else.
Sugary Snicket chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
As with every good Joker fic (Aside from the Nolanverse ones), I hear Mark Hamill narrating this, and the effect is chilling. I think I would LOVE to see this made into a one-shot comic, maybe as part of a bunch of little Batman Rogues Gallery exposes.

I especially like the part of this story where you describe his voice. I don't know what particular voice you had in mind for this Joker; I'm going with Mark Hamill's because that's the one I tend to hear when I read the comics (being the one I grew up with :D). But you're right, now that I think of it, his voice DOES have a sort of odd, uneasy calming effect... It's kinda spooky when you think of it, that the man responsible for some of the most horrendous deeds in the Batman universe has a voice you almost want to trust. It's... very smooth, almost suave; it kind of reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera's voice in a way, only instead of being compelling in a commanding way, it's compelling in a soft, easy way. And yet it only shows up when he's using neutral speech, or being sneaky, so you might think he's almost doing it on purpose But then again, you never know with the Joker. ;) Glad I'm not the only one who's in love with his voice. XD

Great story overall. And again, I think this definitely should be made into a little one-shot comic. I would so buy and read it.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
A great story. Very good.
JasonTKD chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
The scary part is, the Joker's RIGHT. Gotham would be much better off if someone killed him.

And Batman seems almost as bad as Joker, considering he KNOWS Joker will escape again and again, yet won't allow ANYONE to kill him (even if Batman doens't have the guts to do it himself).

He's partly respsonsible for the murders the clown commits. No wonder Jason Todd was so p*ed at Bruce when he returned from the dead.
TheBlackCatCrossing chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
This was well written. I liked how you humanized Joker without going overboard. It was realistic and darkly written. Some of my favorite parts where the bit about 'definition' and 'explanation'. Of course, Joker would think outside of the box and see how people label one another like jars. What I liked most of all was how you made Joker reflect without making him lose his sanity. That's a very delicate junction and not very many people can pull it off. Very good!