Reviews for Jumping the Broom
bkaddictjk chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
... Oh Mad-eye... *shakes head in despair...

I really need a friend to do that for me someday :D
unique.normality chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
There are now two puddles on the floor that used to be me.
pixileanin chapter 5 . 1/24/2010
Very beautiful. Well done! I'm all tingly now!
pixileanin chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
Wow. Again, well done.
pixileanin chapter 2 . 1/24/2010
You've captured these moments so well. All the uncertainty and the need and the trust. Very nice.
dinosoprano chapter 5 . 8/4/2009
That was the sweetest Remus and Tonks story I've ever read. I loved it! Will there be more?
amaXdear chapter 5 . 5/30/2009
That was a great ending and a very beautiful ceremony; you did a great writing it. I could picture Mad-Eye perfectly!
chocoluvr chapter 5 . 5/30/2009
Good ending in describing the marriage of Tonks and Remus.
Matt Quinn chapter 5 . 5/30/2009
A good story overall.
Matt Quinn chapter 4 . 5/30/2009
Another good chapter. It seemed a bit odd they were using magic in a Muggle pub, given the risks.
Matt Quinn chapter 3 . 5/30/2009
A good chapter. Had its share of funny moments and difficult ones.

A Muggle bomb shelter? Makes sense.
Matt Quinn chapter 2 . 5/30/2009
Magic is Might? Wasn't that the official party line when the Ministry was under Death Eater control, much later?

I did like some of the stuff pertaining to Lupin, like "you wound me" and "Professors do it by the book."
Matt Quinn chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This had some funny and some sad moments.

Just who has been forbidden from using the Floo? I thought the regulations pertaining to Harry came later (with Thickenesse got Imperiused), with regulations against Muggleborns coming even later.
Silverlake chapter 5 . 5/29/2009
The best Tonks/Lupin wedding scene ever! I loved Mad-Eye and Firenze...
alix33 chapter 5 . 5/29/2009
"and she commanded her brain to pay attention and file it away to share with Remus later when they were at home and revisiting their wedding day over cake leftover from last night's party at her parents'." - They had cake at the rehearsal dinner/party? What kind?

"Tonks wheeled round to face him, barely catching the hem of her delicate gold organza cloak before it caught on the spines of a wild holly bush just off the path." - Gold? I have always thought silver or a platinum-my chrome-y colour suited her better, but it IS your fic...

"Andromeda stopped dead in her tracks, hands over her mouth to muffle a scream. Behind her, Ted didn't stop in time and barrelled into her nearly knocking her off her feet. Mad-Eye's eye whirled in the opposite direction of his body, turning all round on the path, scanning the wood for whatever foul thing Andromeda had seen. Which happened to be Tonks' feet, beneath her hitched-up pale gold silk skirt. "Nymphadora, you didn't wear those horrible boots with your wedding gown!" Tonks couldn't resist tweaking her mum by modelling her red Doc Martens. "What? They're red, and so are my sleeves and the lacing on my bodice. We're all coordinated." - I'm all in favour of such comfortable wedding shoes as those Tonks is wearing here: most brides in the last couple of RL muggle weddings I attended took THEIR extremely uncomfortable wedding shoes off at some point during the reception.

"Don't worry, Mum, I've got the slippers." She held up her wrist, from which dangled a little red velvet bag in which she'd packed everything for her overnight stay with her parents. "I just didn't fancy turning up for my wedding with a broken neck and for once in my life planned ahead." "That'd be the Ravenclaw genes coming through," said Ted. "Our 'Puff can be practical." "Think it's probably the Auror in me, Dad." - LOL

"but the narrow bed she'd slept in as a girl felt so strange to her now, a woman about to be married." - I always feel very sorry for people with narrow childhood beds (my dorm bed at uni was one of those narrow ones, and hellish): The three quarters-sized bed I had since high school, my parents gave to me when I moved into my own flat. I now sleep on the sleeper couch in their spare room when I visit my parents.

"I told you I didn't care if you came in your tatty old jeans and Hobgoblins sweatshirt so long as you came." - After a cousin's wedding a couple of years ago I took a vow to attend the next wedding I'm invited to in jeans, too, and my black Docs but not a sweatshirt of any kind, a going out-ty type top. It will probably be my baby sis's wedding sometime next year odd and she'll never speak to me again after it (oh joy!).

"Why don't you go in and exercise vigilance over the rest of the ceremony elements? There'll be a chalice and a knife and a trowel and a silver box you'll want to check aren't cursed." That piqued Mad-Eye's interest," - LOL

"You're a beautiful bride." Smiling, she realised she had not yet given him a proper look. She saw, now, in the glow of the fire behind him, that over trim black trousers he wore a knee-length, formal tunic of black silk that hugged his slim figure deliciously, especially the crimson corded belt which picked up the same hue mingled with gold in the embroidery on his straight collar and the trim of his lightweight cloak. His silver and gold shoulder-length hair shimmered against the dark fabric..."You are, too," she said, thinking maybe she owed Dolores Umbridge a wedding photo and a note of thanks for her stupid legislation, which had inspired them to find such creative, and personally significant, venues to make a life together..."Ta," said Remus, "only...well, I'm hardly an expert in matrimonial things, but I'd thought I was called the groom?" Realising what she'd said - or rather, what he was making out she'd said, Tonks rolled her eyes. "No, you're called another G-word." "A Gryffindor? You know, you might be mistaken for one, in those colours." - LOL

"What did she have to say about your unconventional choice of bridal hair colour?" he asked. "Nothing, after I told her it was my great sex colour and I'm anticipating lots of it from my new husband." A larger section of curls fell down from Tonks' coif as Remus looked down at her with mingled amusement and disbelief that she'd really said any such thing. She was about to jab a fierce index finger in his stomach and tell him that she jolly well had said just that, and that he'd have hell to pay when her mum saw what he'd done to her hair," - Is the hair Remus's favourtie sahde of pink?

Wow, this wizarding handfasting is, IMO, more moving than all of the muggle weddings I have ever been to or seen.

"Remus looked a little nervous as he held the blade to Tonks' pink curls, but after a reminder that she could grow her hair back instantly if he made a mess of it and that he was the one that ought to be afraid of being made bald by his new bride, he snipped off a few strands." - AW sweet!