Reviews for New Horizons
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
I'm sorry, no. If we accept the predator/prey relationship, and mind you I'd argue the applicability of that assessment as well, you're arguing that it is okay for the predator to slaughter the prey, because the predator has a right to live, but it is wrong for the prey to slaughter the predator, because the predator has a right to live. Exactly where does the prey's right to live come into the equation?

Now, as to the predator/prey relationship. A few thousand years ago the wraith went to war with the Lanteans. It wasn't a hunt, a culling, any kind of predatory conflict. It was a war between sentient beings of incompatible ideologies. High and mighty Time Lord can rant about the evils of war all he wants but there's no blame to be assigned here.

More recently, the first full scale conflict with the Atlantis Expedition was instigated by the wraith, not the humans. They were the ones that invaded Atlantis and opened fire with intent to kill, not cull. Five hive ships were destroyed with minimal human losses because the wraith picked a fight they could only win by attrition. That's not the humans' fault either.

And now, finally, we come to the origin of individual wraith: massive cloning facilities to feed that war of attrition. A species that deliberately overpopulated itself in order to fight a war.

You can't treat the wraith as an evolved species trying to survive off the only food source it can. They made themselves into monsters thousands of years ago.
Chris4 chapter 12 . 10/21/2012
Rory! Ha! Nice story!
Chris4 chapter 11 . 10/21/2012
One chapter left..
Chris4 chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
I'm not familiar with the Sarah-Jane Adventures, so aside from her kid, Luke, I have no idea who the other people are. Oh well...
Chris4 chapter 9 . 10/21/2012
Ok, just my own opinion here, but I really can't buy a relationship between Weir and Shepherd. I know my opinion is all due to military rules, and Atlantis is a psuedo-military-ish setting, even if the military isn't actually in charge, per se. But based on that, Shepherd would never get involved with his superior. Even if he did have feelings for her, he would never admit them, let alone act on them (aka O'Neill and Carter - the best long-term non-relationship in the history of tv). Again, my opinion only, but it does work in this story.
Chris4 chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
I've always liked Todd. I had a suspicion it was him when the Wraith put up no resistance, and I'm glad I was right.
Chris4 chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
Very nice.
Chris4 chapter 6 . 10/21/2012
Atlantis is alive and there is a Wraith in Cardiff. What fun!
Chris4 chapter 5 . 10/21/2012
You definitely manage to keep the chapters interesting.
Chris4 chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
A surprise wedding/bonding. Nice.
Chris4 chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
I think the Doctor's rant was completely in-character. If you look at it his way, he is exactly right, and the Wraith are higher up in the food chain. The fact that they are the "Bad Guys" fits into the SG world, but the Doctor can see the other side of it. Well done!
Chris4 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Ok, I love cross-overs, and the last line in this first chapter made me laugh out loud, so I think I'm gonna enjoy this story.
Immortalis Cruor Elf chapter 12 . 11/27/2011
nice nice nice!1
Datalicious chapter 12 . 9/2/2011
Beautiful story o: But too bad there wasn't more "Todd" moments in this :'D He's my favorite wraith. Anyways, i loved this! I would love to read a sequel.
Hocapontas chapter 12 . 1/14/2011
You can't just leave it at that! PLEASE! You have to write something else! I've read ALL of your Doctor Who stories and I love them all!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »