Reviews for Tapas at Twilight
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 6/26
This was a very good outtake. What a great way to show Edward and Jacob bonding over their love for Nessie. Very good.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 6/26
What a fantastic epilogue. Loved the time jump. Sad that they had to leave Chicago but, it seems it worked out beautifully. I loved that they opened the second restaurant and Jasper was the head chef there. I liked that Jessie was trained to do so much more than dishwashing. Actually running the back office with everything. Loved the honeymoon baby in Charlie. Really wonderful that Edward became a surgeon. Nessie became a doctor of music. Jake became her husband and is in filmmaking. Successfully in filmmaking. I like that Renee and Phil moved back to Chicago and that Carlisle and Esme are thinking of doing the very same. This was truly very well written and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 6/26
Another spectacular chapter. I love that it was a wedding for all four of them. It made it that much better. His recording that song was beautiful. I hope he shares it with her again when it is just the two of them. What a beautiful setting for a wedding too. I love that she was thrilled that all she had to do was step into her dress and into the wedding. It was perfect for all involved. With the plans to renovate, her business thriving, Nessie's school, and newly married . . . I supremely hope he gets on with a hospital in ther in Chicago. By the time they got back from wherever they had to go, the restaurant would truly be Jasper's as he was the one running it the whole time. Plus, all the friends they have there. And, it is close enough for both sides of family to pop in. It has to be Chicago.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 6/26
This whole chapter was fantastic. First with Edward's decision to talk to the people that may allow him to finish his residency. Then with the way Bella calmed him down so well. His cornball way of giving her the house key. That whole restaurant scene, from start to finish was spectacular. Very well written. Very fun to read. They really brought the two of them down. So, was that ?POV Carlisle? He mentioned that Carlisle saved him and he loved returning the favor.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 6/26
Loved Alice and Jasper's conversation about getting engaged. Making you wonder, did they just get engaged? I think he'll propose after the wedding of Bella and Edward. BxE are seriously busting out in flames. Sizzling. Love that they were caught by Alice but, she didn't say anything. However, Renee had no problems whatsoever about saying anything at all. Teasing them so very well. That ?POV could really be anyone about anything. However, with the way Jasper was so very happy, I think it was him that just set up James. Nope, I still trust Jessie. I think that I've been right all along and Jessie just didn't fit right with either Mike or James at those jobs. Now that she knows what a real workplace, under really good management, acts like, she's happy. I think she feels more like she's got a 'work family' for the first time ever.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 6/26
That was a very fun way for them to make the announcements. I loved that response from the lot of them as well. Very fun to read everyone's excitement. I'm glad that my feelings on Jessie panned out. That she came to Bella and told her. Even better, she's going to help bring James down. I really hope she was being truthful. That she's really going to help. Fingers crossed.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 6/26
Okay, that was brilliantly sneaky on Renee and Alice's part. Wouldn't put it past Nessie either, for that matter. To get Bella into that store and finding that perfect dress. I'm still wondering if it is going to be a surprise wedding. Plus, I think Renee went ahead and bought that dress while Bella was changing. That the saleswoman most likely wrapped it up after they left, for Renee or Alice to pick up the next day. It was good to read that Edward, as much as he wanted this, was scared. It brought a realism to this situation. What an amazing response Renesmee had to it all. I laughed so hard when she announced she won a dad playing DDR. So effing funny. The gift for Ness and the unexpected proposal was perfect. The managers response, was classic. Mmmmm, you just made me think of Fire chicken. I went to Wayfair Tavern, Tyler Florence's restaurant here in San Francisco, and he has the very best fried chicken I've ever tasted.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 6/26
Huh, I noticed that Jasper nearly ran into Jessie when he was coming out of her office. I am glad he locked it up. However, how many times has it been unlocked and she has gotten in there? Or, did I detect a bit of something there, with Jessie's concern about Nessie? Maybe Jessie is starting to feel comfortable at a job she isn't treated badly at? Maybe, she will have a change of heart and NOT do what James wants her to do. I am glad they both still had their paperwork and that you brought the paperwork into this story. I read a similar story last week when they knew Edward is the father to Bella's child. An outsider ex-boyfriend of Bella's was fighting her for paternity and I kept stating the paperwork would solve the whole matter and it would never make it to court. It would prove that she paid for a sperm donor, she was a single woman and wanted a child. It just happened to be Edward's sperm that she got . . . which they figured out later, once they were dating. Jake was trying to say it was his. She got pregnant because she paid for it and went through all this paperwork and the pregnancy alone. I digress. Wow, quite the rant, eh? Sorry.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 6/26
My review from several chapters back came slamming back into my brain with Bella's laminated folded 'bio-dad' information sheet. I said back then that it was strange that she referred to herself as the mom, yet not Eric as the father. Nessie did. I am not surprised at all that Edward is going to be her father. The hair alone, was the original indicator for me. Then the piano prodigy. It just clicked too many boxes and made me write that review back that many chapters. Perhaps Eric has guided Bella and Nessie to Edward? I believe in things like that. I swear, that my father did the same with my husband. My father passed when I was only twenty and his friends had a memorial bench placed at the golf course where he played with them every Saturday. A couple of years later, I met my husband and when I told him of the bench, he told me he was one of the men that placed the bench. We both immediately believed that my father chose my husband that day. I digress.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 6/26
Great, now Bella has hired "Jessie". She has invited her into the company 'family' fold and she's working for James. Wonderful. I loved the whole part of Renee and Esme have already started planning, if not planned, the wedding. That she had the ring sized and left it behind for him. Those moms are the best. They know how busy Bella is and are helping without her knowing. Alice can be brought into the fold for the dress. Interesting ending with that cliffie. Yikes.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 6/26
Really fun morning with him and Bella. I like that he stated he wanted them to be a family, soon. The date was fun too. The James part, not so much. He's blaming the fact that he has zero capability of running a line on Bella. He was a chef before she came to his restaurant. He needs to remember how to be a chef and move on with his life.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 6/26
Kind of knew that Mike was screwing with her and that it was being fronted by James, as that was obvious before it even started happening. What I really love about it all is that Bella took charge and fixed the first screw up and it went off without a hitch. Loved it even more that Jasper was able to work really well with what was delivered, turning it into a southern feast. I love, love, loved that Bella sent the ex-lax brownies and a note. That note was everything. Brilliant! When they were at the hospital and Edward went into doctor mode in front of Doogie, it was wonderful. Her advising him to reach out to a therapist was so good. He should have seen one way back when it happened. His father especially, should've pushed him into therapy. Certainly when he never went back after what happened. Hopefully, if what he really wants is to be a doctor, he finishes and becomes one. If he'd rather not, then that is absolutely fine too. Either way, he needs the therapy to get the closure.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 6/26
They had such incredible fun at the Pier . . . I love that Bella called it a 'family' outing. As that is exactly what it was. Well, there is how they will destroy her business. Someone probably filmed the crates sitting in a mud puddle in the sun and will let those leak into the press. However, with the kids out there filming in the alleyway on their cameras and uploading them to YouTube, they will have the proof that the delivery was not sitting anywhere near what it will look like. Won't do a damn bit of good though, people will think that isn't true at all. She should fire Newton now and not give him more chances to screw up. He's being paid by V&J anyway. This won't be the last time. Why have it delivered anyway? Why not pick up what they want directly? It is the best way to ensure quality. It is the way the restaurants here in San Francisco do it. Sure some things get delivered, yet not everything. Especially not something like fish. No, if you want the best, you are at the piers when it comes in.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 6/26
Although I love a Bella and Edward sex romp as much as the next person, I really loved her reason fro stopping. She has to consider Nessie in this. She did a great job too. She really would be a hypocrite if she was saying Nessie has to be married before having sex, yet she does it herself. However, shouldn't she really be teaching her that she should be one hundred percent in love with the person she chooses to get intimate with? Or, that she is one hundred percent committed? So very many people do not get married these days, yet love each other so very fully. A very rousing success for the restaurants first night. She is going to be having a very full restaurant for a very long time. Well, until James and Victoria sabotage it unnecessarily.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 6/26
Nothing like added drama for drama's sake. You certainly set all of it up in this chapter. I may need to skim a few chapters. I can see where Mike may be a problem in the future. He liked what he saw in Bella and when she turns him down, he won't like it. Then because he seems smarmy enough to be bought, that would be perfect for Victoria and James. To mess with her ingredients. It is quite sad that James simply can not take defeat like a real man. Nooooo, he has to ruin someone else's burgeoning business out of ridiculous jealousy. As if that would actually help his business at all. Plus, her is tapas and his is French . . . two completely different types of food . . . in a large city no less. Ugh.
2,250 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »