Reviews for What They See
lillybaby54 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It was such a different way of looking at the characters, you did a very tempting piece here, temping because it you continue. It was gentle, peaceful and...shall I say very human way to this fictional family that has become such an obsession for so many. In simple did good.
Fandom-maniac1667 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
I like little fluffs like that! It makes me happy and think deeper into the books without really changing anything :) Thx for putting this up!
SableBeauty118 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Thank you so much for sharing. Excellent, insightful, a new twist on the perspective of ccharacters we love!
Debby-1957 chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Wow. Such a short story, but it has a lot in it. Concise and well done. It seems so true to what Edward might think, like you captured some of his analyzing and over-thinking. I found your story looking in reccommended lists looking for “T” stories (which I appreciate). And I thought the first paragraph was perfect! Thanks.
Dil9 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
lovely a very insightful story :)
Ticcing Bat chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
That was really nice.
mmcelroy chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This was really enjoyable. Looking at others from one persons perspective. I also love seeing one event from everyone's perspective. Keep writing!
Veritas Found chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Stumbled upon this while looking through your profile, and I must say I love this. It's got a simple elegance to it, all while nicely introspecting the characters.

"As the only Cullen who really struggles to abstain, he wonders if the two are linked—maybe his upbringing has damaged him. Maybe there is no victory. But he holds on to Alice, and he hopes. He tries to overcome those scars, to look beyond what he sees in the mirror."

I loved that part. Absolutely gorgeous - especially the "But he holds on to Alice, and he hopes." line. Loved the ending, too. All in all, very good fic. Excellent job.
Tequila0Mockingbird chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
What? Only three reviews? (well, four now.) I can't believe this didn't get more!

Okay, constructive crit first, right? I think you're right about the first paragraph - it's a little trite. A more interesting vocabulary will spice it up, I think. The sentences "the two of them were so beautiful, it hurt to look at them. How could I ever deserve them?" too, are a little cliche.

As for the rest, I really like the simplicity and the subtlety. Every paragraph starts with a name (except the last), and ends with a mirror. I especially like Emmett's "he doesn't have much use for a mirror" because it's a little unexpected.

It's the last line that really gets me: "I’ve made peace with the face in the mirror." I like how instead of a complete 180 (which, let's face it, Edward probably wouldn't be capable of), he's come to more of a compromise with himself. I love this fic for that last line.
J-Nynja chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Very well done! A very CANON story and in character as well. I read it three times already. Great work.
RaCullen chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
What a beautifully written sentiment.
MissRebecca912 chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
That was really sweet! :)