Reviews for Lest We Forget
blklover chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
great story hope you keep up the good work can't to find out what happen next please keep up the good work please update soon
Dark Angel's Blue Fire chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
An amazing little fic and one I truly agree with and lest we forget all those that died for our freedom so we could live. Also I formally salute your uncle may all the war veterans R.I.P x
Jane chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This was amazing, and it chilled me to read that Jack has died. :(
Marauder Madness chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
It was short and simple but very very touching. The twist at the end was good, there arn't many stories out there that kill Harry and keep Dumbledore alive. It was refreshing in a weird sort of way.

A good tribute to the Aussies, Kiwis, Brits, French, Indian and Newfoundlanders who fought and died, and of course the thousands of Turks lost defending their homeland. I've been to ANZAC Cove before and its a touching experience, President Ataturk's words to the forces that invaded his home country are particularly comforting and insightfull -

"Those heroes that shed their blood

and lost their lives;

You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.

Therefore rest in peace.

There is no difference between the Johnnies

and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side

here in this country of ours.

You, the mothers,

who sent their sons from far away countries,

wipe away your tears;

your sons are now lying in our bosom

and are in peace.

After having lost their lives on this land they have

become our sons as well."

It's a great thing to happen when even after such horrific conflicts nations can be drawn together through peace and forgiveness.

Ok, I'm yabbering on a bit and you probably know all this anyway. I'll stop now. lol.

So, I wish you luck in the armed forces, I very highly respect people like you. Thanks for giving Australia your service, we'll be behind you all the way.

-MM.

PS: Pass on a big 'Hi!' and 'thankyou' to your Uncle Jack for me.

Lest we forget.