Reviews for Baseball Game
Underworld Demon chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
My God this is an awesome piece of work..!

*cheers and applause*

I would write a more constructive review but all I can think is how well you stuck to Deans character, and the memory was a epicness man. Fits perfectly with Deans reaction to Adamns "where did he take you for your birthday?"

Totally awesome man.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I liked reading this story
Ann Patterson chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Breaks my heart! I hope that John never did this in the SPN. Poor Dean!
lolness chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
grr you made me cry/ it was so sad. i can't look at john the same way again
Lost-Remembrance chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
That scene combined with this story makes me want to cry all over again. Brilliantly done!

in Liebe, Red Tail
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Beautiful, dear...just...beautiful.

*hugs*

Mandy
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Heart-breaking tag to 'Jump the Shark', stacey.

I don't agree on all points exactly but it was very well-written nonetheless, and Daddy Winchester never going to a baseball game with Dean could certainly have happened the way you wrote it. You made up an interesting situation and a really powerful conversation between the two men there.
SingleMinded chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I'm with you (and Dean) here. Yeah he's a Winchester but it doesn't mean that he needs to be a hunter.

And I love your words "blasting Metallica so as not to hear his own thoughts". Maybe it's the reason he like that same music as John, because he found out that it shuts off his thoughts.

Nicely done.
driver picks the music chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
this was a great one shot. But I guess this were we differ again. lol! It's always where John is concerned. :)

Yes he should have told them, but I also think what he was trying to do was good, protect Adam from everything, like he couldn't do for Sam and Dean. I also think that at the end of the episode, when Dean said that Sam was 'just like Dad' that he meant that both ways, good and bad, because while he wasn't the best father in the world, he was still a good person and a great hunter. Anyway. lol! Great one shot, like they always are. :) Keep up the good work.
Nash Carter chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
yup, this is exactly the way i imagined things after watching jump the shark. thanks for this!
Justme chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Nice one. It makes me feel sad for Dean. Of all 3 of the Winchester sons - Dean is the one who has never experienced a 'normal' life. True-Sam's life has not been ordinary by any means but at least he had a few years of freedom to persue some of his dreams. Dean has been doing the 'right thing' for almost all of his 30 years. He doesn't know how to live any other way. You can understand his initial frustration and jealousy towards Adam. To his credit he doesn't hold it against the boy. Instead his protective mode kicks in-typical Dean.

It was also kind of neat to see Sam playing big brother with Adam. His intentions were good but he just couldn't see how dark a path was he was sending him down. Great story!.
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
aww! poor dean! i liked it!
anjawinchester chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
i love ya stacey !
wcfan chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
If we ever find out that John had refused to give Dean a day of normalcy when he asked for it, I'm gonna find a way to kick a TV character's ass.

It was heart-breaking to read about Dean listening to the baseball game all alone when he just wanted to spend a day with his dad and forget the rest of the crap that is happening to him now.

I love that despite whatever he felt when it came to Adam, Dean still wanted to protect him from the things out there.

But I hate that Sam is now John Winchester 2.0. Dean sacrificed a lot so that Sam doesn't end up like him or their dad. And what Dean said to him when they were burning Adam's body, Sam so shouldn't take it as a compliment.

Anyway, at least I know that you are OK. I was getting worried since you haven’t threatened to jab John with a hot poker. (Ugh. Just got visuals of Sam getting cut up by the ghouls. *shudders*)
EmptySpaces11 chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Hey!

Good job. You did it.

I thought the same while I was watching the episode. Sam and John are the same person - the rage, the revenge, the thoughts, the way of act, instincts, feelings... Sam hasn't demon blood in his veins. He has John's blood running inside. And Dean, well... He is a part of their lives that came different, even watching his dad turning different in each day after Mary's death. He isn't like his father. But he is a better hunter than them because he think about the others as persons that have feelings and a life. Ok, Sam too, but in another way of sight - hard, without heart, as a mission, as a soldier. Much more than Dean do.

You wrote an excellent part of their story. The lines that we didn't find in the show.

Thank you for share.