Reviews for Guys Like Davis
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Dude, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
Dogsbody chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Great read.
Mel chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Nice little character study. Felt very true to character with what we know of him so far. Hope to read more from you.
noz4a2 chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Hi! Enjoyed he story, I am a huge 'Southland' fan and really loved this particular episode. It was a good foreshadowing of what we can expect from Ben's character.
HonestyLie chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
you saw he needed and analysis and you gave him a damn good one,ever since ep 1 ive fallen in love with it and im happy to see people writing for it.

i really enjoyed your outlook on benny keep writing
Flash Foreward chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
This is brilliant. A great look into Ben's thoughts. nice work!
blueoctober chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Absolutely loved it :D It was very well written and thought your analysis was right on. Keep up the great work. Hope to see more from you in the future. Take care.
The Tall TV Lover chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I found it very good
TheChic chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I have no criticisms. I think you correctly described Ben's emotions.

"They thought that going after his family was the worst they could do to him." - and how sad for Ben is the realization that this is untrue.

I hope future episodes further explore the juxtaposition between Ben's social and work worlds.
beachtree chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
It's great to see a Southland fic, especially a character study of Ben in such a powerful moment.

The day had started with therapy and been filled with contact with people whom he couldn't bring himself to like. His discomfort and borderline disgust were palpable around "Timmy" and "Wade" (or whatever "Dude's!" name is)- both obnoxious and distasteful reminders of some of the worst of the privileged set. With his training officer forever watching and assessing, Ben had to know he was being grouped with the undesirables in many ways despite the vast differences.

All of the day's travails would culminate with whatever of his half-sister's manipulations were at work to put Ben in one very painful and awkard situation with his father. You provide an insightful glimpse into some of Ben's thoughts and feelings with a focus on his self-control in a very emotional moment.
amanda chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
A wonderful look into what might have been going through his head as he came face to face with his father. I hope to see more fics trickling in for this show. Nothing really constructive to add. I think you did a great job.
Sif chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This was great! I really liked how you dove into his head, and it seems like it could fit right into the show. Very good characterization, good job!