Reviews for Love Remembered
joesarah97 chapter 11 . 4/18/2003
I just wanted to write and say great job! I am glad that you told me about this site. You are a great writer and I look forward to more of your stories!
Son Of Evil chapter 11 . 3/16/2003
Nice story, but...no Jack The Ripper? Sob! But anyway, don't you think Buffy's gonna wonder about that?
joetexx chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
I enjoyed this tremendously and liked the light it shed on the Spike / Buffy and William / Ceily

duos - and the mixup between them. I thought the "Victorian" scenes were at least as well done as those in most romance, and a lot of historical fiction I've done.

Have another reason for liking this fic; I detest Jack the Ripper, don't like reading about him and have always disliked the fascination this sicko has had for the general public. Seeing himm killed off so early in the fic, and getting wiped out of the historical timeline, was a pleasure to read!
timeends chapter 11 . 2/3/2003
Great story! Talking about time altering events... yay to you! :D
Zzickle chapter 11 . 4/26/2002
Enjoyed the story - but what you might have done is had Spike kill someone else besides jack the Ripper, and then had that person disappear from the time line - like in Quantum Leap where Sam leaps into Oswald and even though he still shoots kennedy, he changes the timeline because the original Oswald shot and killed Kennedy AND the 1st lady. The 'revised' timeline is the only one we remember.
Spikeluver chapter 11 . 2/27/2002
You should make a sequel to this one- I mean you kinda left some things unfinished
Nick-The-Freak chapter 11 . 2/1/2002
Nice story, kept me going from start to end.

Nice twist with good ole Jack.. :P

Can't wait to read your sequel.

Good Job
Darcy chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Okay, in my defense: Yes, I did the research and yes, I did know that the White Chapel murders were committed in 1888. I guess I should've written a note but I honestly didn't think it was necessary as authors often deviate slightly from the facts to suit their stories. Researching Jack the Ripper was actually the first thing I did when I got the idea for the story.

Finally, re: the picture of Jack the Ripper. Yes, nobody has ever seen him but it was only an illustration (or artist's rendition) that was described in Dawn's textbook.

I'm sorry that these factual inconsistencies made the story less enjoyable for you. I will keep your comments in mind the next time I ever write a story based on historical events. I do appreciate your comments.
Estepheia chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
I love time travel stories and I like the language you use. The story is based on a very very interesting idea, but I was put off by two things before I even got into the story. The Whitechapel murders of Jack the Ripper took place in 1888. It is unlikely that you'll ever find a picture of Jack in a book because his identity has never been established. There were a number of suspects. That information can be accessed quite easily. All you have to do is go to Google and type in Jack the Ripper and you get all kinds of interesting links. Like this one:

I don't mind if authors deviate from historical fact occasionally, fanfiction is not a thesis on certain historical phenomena, but I feel a great idea like yours deserves just a little bit of research. You can always change the details to suit your story, but then the story should be preceeded by a quick note, telling the reader about your changes.

As I said, I love the idea, and you write the modern stuff very well, but anachronisms just ruin it for me. Sorry.
Kristy Marie chapter 11 . 1/23/2002
Cool, like it quite a bit.
Sal5 chapter 11 . 1/13/2002
Like the previous reviewer, I've also printed out this story to read. I've gone through the first few chapters and it's very interesting. Great premise!
serenitysea chapter 11 . 1/4/2002
Just printed out the ENTIRE story to read during history (boring class that it is...) looks GREAT so far!
ashley chapter 11 . 12/23/2001
good story very good story
LoriH chapter 3 . 12/22/2001
WOW! Really great story! You should send it to the writers for Buffy. I think it would make a terrific episode.

Look forward to reading more of your stories. I think you have real potential as a writer. :)

Lori