Reviews for Good Intentions
Katiefoolery chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I'm intrigued by the way you let the story follow Domick's rambling and confused mind - I ended it feeling a sense of confusion and desperation... and mad sympathy for Domick. There was also a fascinating sense that he feels he's doing the right thing, despite all signs to the contrary. Amazing that such a relatively short piece can inspire so many thoughts.
ButterflyMouse chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Hm, how to start this review...?

Ok, this is a positive review. Believe me. It is. Or at least its meant to be. So please bear with me here.

So. Your story didn't really appeal to me, but I could tell that this was purely because of my tastes and not because of your writing. Reading it was reminiscent of reading 'In the Lake of the Woods' for school. I really didn't like the book, but I could tell that it was damn good literature.

I don't think that it fit in very well with the stone key, or really explored Domick's deteriorating mind. He sounded much to sane. Yet taken as a stand alone scene, I was very impressed with your description and the way you moved through the piece was very fluid.

I'm not really into slash, but I decided to read this 'cos I really liked your piece 'Defences Against the Cold' (which I will go back and review now because I only just realized that I haven't done that). I'm glad that I read it, even though I didn't like it, because some times it just nice to read something that's just plain well written, like it or not.

Did any of that make sense?

Sorry, I tend to ramble.