Reviews for Without a Paddle
Aurelia99 chapter 1 . 3/21
Wonderful and really, really cute!
I love a story told from one person's POV like this, when the writer seems to know that person's character and what they would think and say and feel. This is fanfiction! Yay! :-)
Ardeliah chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I loved it. I love anything that takes us inside Rodney's brain.
T'Liana chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Poor Rodney! :) at least John was there to keep him going!
hills chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
have my non-biological babies
srsly, have them.
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
My review:
I love that you wrote this from Rodney's point of view. You did such an amazing job. His thoughts ramble on and notice lots of the little things. Very 'in-character', and thoroughly enjoyable.
You have an amazing insight into their personalities. You must have really done your research to be able to achieve that. The banter between the two of them is original and keeps the 'pizzazz' of the words fresh and interesting while being able to add to the setting and plot as well. I was also impressed by your use of the word 'aphephobe'. Very Rodney.
I really felt like I was inside Rodney's mind as he succumbed to the venom because of how your words deteriorated and Rodney's mental thoughts became more scattered over time. Incredible, enjoyable, and I am in awe.
You are an amazing, talented writer.
Aileil chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Hi. Thanks for writing this lovely little tale. I really liked it. I mean, it really showed the level of trust and loyalty between Rodney and Sheppard really well. My brother always says that a man cannot have that level of either trust or loyalty in this world and that anyone who does will wind up regretting it one day probably as he is dying painfully. But your story shows that trust won't always get you hurt, that it is a good thing to know beyond all doubt that someone will be there for you. And loyalty isn't bad either. While, yes, it could get you killed the universe really isn't out to bite you and if a person isn't loyal to SOMETHING why bother living in the universe at all. Loyalty will earn you trust. And trust is the most precious gift a person can give. Thank you for writing a story that conveys this so well.
A girl named Cecille chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
It's funny, because I've read the first paragraphs of this story about a dozen times, and then I always decide it's too long and stop, thinking "oh I'll just read it later, when I have more time." And now I very much regret this, because I think I truly love this fic. The characters are realistic and canon isn't broken (though that actually isn't very important to me, but it's rather difficult to accomplish, so I commend you). I absolutely adore how he starts speaking his thoughts and the part at the very end, where they completely avoid talking about it. The end part, and all of the rest of it, are VERY in character, which I appreciate because it means I can read the entire thing in the actor's voices in my head. Anyway, I very much enjoyed this, and I thought you deserved a nice sort-of-longish-if-somewhat-rambling review )
Colonel Lazy chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
How does that saying go again? Something about shitty creek and forgetting a paddle? I think there's a paddle store called shitty creek...

But anyways, good story. I liked it.
ghostboi chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Brilliant piece of writing _
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
I loved this. The bickering that continues even when they're running from angry hillbilly natives. The fact that Rodney, the constant hypochondriac, doesn't notice when he is actually getting properly sick. The randomness of what runs through his head combined with what it reveals about their friendship. Plus that moment where the reader suddenly twigs, before he does, that at some point his stream of conciousness went vocal! Brilliant!
Fandomatic chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
This reminds me how much I miss the show and the complicated relationship of Rodney and John. I love your style and how you keep Rodney's musings fresh and original. Funny, sweet and a surreal conversation.
Cindy Ryan chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
wonderfully done, as always :)
Scarbantia chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
It's great to have you back again. It was an excellent story, great POV! I really liked the missing-brain-to-mouth-filter dialogue!

I missed just one thing:just a word, from what got Rodney the fever, or how they escaped. Oh, don't mind it: just the rainy day, the depression,that's why I'm so critical.
angw chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Fantastic. I felt sorry for the boys; McKay for the sickness and Sheppard for the comfort (promising to get him home).

Especially liked the 'brain-to-mouth filter' dialogue between them.