Reviews for Surrendering Fear
Hikaridragon1 chapter 1 . 7h ago
Oh my god I loved that! Yami is so cuuutteee! KAWAIII! And seme yugi is romantic. I actually have seme yugi and uke yami stories but I don't post stories so yeah. I just write for fun. But I loved this. Please make more. I'm a yugi seme fan.
Mana's Madness chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Aww... Loved it! I'll agree, it's adorable when Yami's shy and uncertain. There's hardly any seme!Yuugi out there, but it's always awesome when somebody actually finds something!
Tsarina Torment chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I loved this! And you're right, there are not enough seme!Yugi or virgin!Yami/insecure!Yami fics in the world and it's really starting to bug me... so THANK YOU for providing me with one!

Tsari
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
whaat? no sequel?

brittney
AlchemistLynn chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I've never read anything like this story before. It was amazing, 3.
green chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Oh my gosh I love this so much. I am really a novice at reading these (this is in fact my first one) but I have to say I am quite impressed. Your writing is so natural that I can definitely picture everything and there is no awkward phrasing or pretentiousness to your style. You really convinced me. Plus the sweetness, and the focus on their emotional bond rather than explicit sex details is so beautiful. I love how it fits perfectly in the canon without stretching the imagination at all. Thank you!
Serena6686 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
nice
ani chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
uum... i'm not sure what to say. it's beautiful and i love the seme-yugi and especially the virgin-yami(if you know any egyptology he'd have to be!) but something just feels off...

i don't know... but the ending makes it seem like yugi's not as innocent as he should be.
Ma'at's Apprentice chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Brilliant. Bravi! I love this story.

I am in agreement with you, there need to be more seme!Yugi stories.

You did an excellent job.

-M.A.
MysticalElfGirl chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Loved this!
CAYMovedOn chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
This is really interesting. I mean...it's different. And I can't safetly say if I like it or not yet. It was different from everything I've ever read, in just the aspect of the charaacterization of Yugi and Yami. I'm just not to keen on a hesitant Yami with a seme Yugi, but that's just me. If I forgot my dislike for that, I can enjoy this fic. You did to a wondeful job. My only annoyance is how many times you made them say "okay" and the context in which you used them.

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not flaming you. I do find certain parts of this fic wonderful and I'm also interested in a new turn on things, characters. I say keep writing like this. It's good. The subtle seduction was brilliant. And I, too, agree with you on Yami being a virgin before he died. It just fits/makes the most sense, regardless of how "experienced" people like to make him when it comes to sex.
magic-cephalopod chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I really liked this story... first of all, because it was sweet and tentative. Second, because it dealt with Atem/ Yuugi's relationship realistically. I loved the progression of the fic and really, kudos to you for making Yuugi the more dominant one (though still his sweet, shy self). Everyone makes Atem out to be this macho dominant sex beast when I really believe he is just... the biggest pussy in love. He needs a little push from Yuugi, and you gave him that. Very nice!
llivla chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
/He stared up at the door before him. It looked foreboding, dark and impenetrable. Slowly, Yugi reached up and knocked on the door. Moments later it opened, and his other self, hand on the door, stared at him.

“Hi,” Yugi said./

For some reason this made me laugh. Really hard. Probably because of all the ANGST/drama surrounding and in typical Yugi fashion he just kind of cures teh emo by being himself.

This fic was so frigging awesome. Lines like 'Slowly, Yugi slid his hand out, inching it towards the spirit’s. Their fingers met, and Yugi’s slid straight through his other self’s form. The spirit didn’t appear to notice' so much so I can't even really say. Well, I can, obviously. But that's not the point. LASKDJFKDSFJSDFS my brain. You have no idea how happy I am with Yugi not putting up with the BS and the Spirit being kinda a doormat- too cute.

/Yugi frowned slightly. “But you worry about me before yourself all the time.”

He hesitated. “Yes, well…I’m a spirit.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Yugi asked, laughing./

Yugi also has logic. And asjklf I just want to hug Yugi for being all - albeit sweetly -'dude you are so retarded' to Yami's 'I'M DEAD WE CANNOT BE TOGETHER *ANGST*' The issue was addressed beautifully, not ignoring it like fandom often does. It's just... you can tell instead of a general 'death doesn't matter with true luv!', it's clear this is YUGI thinking it over and deciding it doesn't matter because of who Yugi is.

The kiss was just... GUH. I loved it. YUGI IS SO ON TOP IDK WHY FANDOM BELIEVES DIFFERENTLY. : And while I have to say I don't think the Pharaoh/prince would have been a virgin at seventeen(, darn the creator for never telling), I have to say after three thousand years if he can't remember his own name, he DEFINITELY wouldn't remember anything about sexual experience so he might as WELL be a virgin. :'D And the admission was so cute and not OOC, but that shyness that the Spirit displayed at points in canon. I loved them both. They were both sort of confused and clueless, Yugi being a typical teenager and the Spirit just plain confused.

IDEK I'M BABBLING NOW SO I'M JUST GONNA ADD THIS TO MY FAVES AND REC THIS TO ALL MY SHIPPER FRIENDS.