Reviews for Midwinter Luck
anonymous chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
very sweet story
roseflorintine chapter 3 . 7/17/2011
aw, volney's going to have a wonderful midwinters day, just like he deserves.
prettyfaceandelectricsoul chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
I loved the bit with Sarge.
silver-zenko-kitsune chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
That's a wonderful poem. I think you could even get it published
the.dawn.of.time chapter 3 . 6/10/2008
Super! I really liked how all the parts connected, sort of, and how it told more than one story at once.

There was one small error I found though.

"There would be know riding through layers of muck today, no need to spur on an exhausted horse or sleep in a cave."

The first time you spelled 'no' you spelled it 'know'.

Anyway, I enjoyed this, I really did.
silverflight8 chapter 3 . 3/9/2008
Oh...that was satisfying. There isn't any other word for it. I really liked how you added Miri and Evin to it-and Evin's own anguish. Imagine being commander and losing everybody! Well portrayed indeed. The jewellery was sweet too (but maybe that's because I like dolphins.) And this is the first time that I've seen a take on Volney Rain that shows him as an elderly man. Intersting, and it makes you think. That's the mark of a good story. Very well done. I hope you keep writing!
Blackheart Feather chapter 3 . 6/25/2007
aw, that was sweet. i loved it!
AerinAlanna chapter 3 . 11/28/2006
Slainte? You speak the Gaelic? That's fair wonderful!

This is a great story-I love Evin and Miri especially, but Daine and Numair are my favorites, also.

Go raibh mile maith agat!

Zoe the Special girl chapter 3 . 6/27/2006
oh god this is good i was hoping that there would be another chapter but i guess i will have to wait till u update hope u do soon. numair's fan.
VanillaHoney chapter 3 . 6/5/2006
I LUV IT! :D I adore the character that Miri is in this fic.
Kin Pandun chapter 3 . 12/10/2005

I like your version of how her name got on his door best.

Thanks for writing,

ThyPenOrThySword chapter 3 . 7/22/2005
I really like it.
Sometimes Cecily chapter 3 . 3/15/2004
Adorable! I love how you don't quite tell what Numair gave Daine, or what happened between Miri and Evin. (However, what did happen between Miri and Evin must have been terribly fluffy, that I know. ) And I love how Volney's sister and nephew (that is who they are, right?) come to visit. Aw... And I still think Miri is very cool. :)
Sometimes Cecily chapter 2 . 3/15/2004
Hi. 'Tis me again. I'm not waiting until I finish and reviewing then because it's easier to remember and comment on the lovely first two chapters if I don't wait.
I loved the poetry at the beginning... and it seems like all mornings are like that...
I like your characterization of Miri, altho I'm afraid it's probobly just as difficult for Daine to put up with her as it is for my friends to put up with me. It seems like Daine is used to being teased alot. :)
Evin/Miri... so sweet. No wonder it's one of my favorite ships. :) I love Miri's "i love him - to death" monologue. Miri is so cool... and she managed to become one of Tortall's best riders when three years ago she had no idea how to ride! Go Miri!
Sometimes Cecily chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Poor sweet adorable little (big?) Numair... I think deep down he meant for that ring to be an engagement ring. But alas, Daine still thinks he'll wake up one morning suddenly having realized that the woman he thought was the love of his life is nearly a baby and he can do soo much better. And Volney Rain... so very wise. There's something musical about the way you write his dialogue. I could honestly read it for hours, take in every word, and not get bored.
Also, 'tis a very good thing that Numy was not, er, "gelded". :D A very good thing for the fangirls and Daine alike. And possibly for Ozorne. And Lindhall Reed.
But I can't say I quite understand what or who you're talking about in the first paragraph. Is it the building that is decidedly the worse for the wear and oblivious to the fact that a war was recently fought? Or is it Filigree Street? Or maybe Volney Rain himself?
Still, lovely. :)