Reviews for Martyr
bellawu chapter 25 . 5/23
Oh roul :( as much as i want erik to be with chrustine, i feel so sad for roul. He has done nothing wrong.
bellawu chapter 24 . 5/22
Omg im feel so sorry for roul :( poor guy
bellawu chapter 8 . 5/22
I must say this is amazing story. I cant stop reading it
Dearly-divided chapter 28 . 3/11
This story is perfect. I read it months ago and fell in love with it then, and recently the ending (the robbery) for some reason became stuck in my head, but I couldn't remember which story it belonged to. I searched for two whole days to find it and then when I finally found it here I almost cried tears of joy. And then I just decided to re-read the entire thing and it was perfect and I love it! Never stop writing!
BadassSyd chapter 28 . 2/25
Wow this story was perfect. I absolutely loved it. I'm glad that Raoul got the resolve that he needed and that Erik and Christine ended up happy. Well done!
oh my god i'm sorry for spamming you with these reviews but i am literally dying this dry humor is absolute gold
NADIR OMFG BWAHAHA
Erik, you lil shit. I love you.
inkheartedg1rl chapter 28 . 1/5
I absolutely loved this! I almost stopped reading though, I wasn't liking Erik much before the bird scene, but that won me over completely! And the break-up was so realistic (and unfortunately relatable). Christine's characterization was wonderful too, she was easy to root for. Brava!
Sad chapter 24 . 12/10/2014
Why is Eric such a misogynist? I know in the book he wasn't the best but he was also in a much earlier time period. Along with that,what was going on with Christine? What modern woman believes her life lives and dies around her husband? She can't have any semblance of a life without being a "loose woman" or a horrible wife? Plus the random comments about makeup and wearing red clothing made it seem as though she was raised in a convent. The characters can be so old fashioned and sexist that I kept finding myself confused about the time period. It was really sad reading this because I kept hoping she'd realize she needed to be independent but instead she just went from one keeper to another without any personal character growth. Maybe that's the point. Tragic ending.
Boydje822 chapter 15 . 9/23/2014
My chapter 14 review got posted before I finished writing it somehow so I'm posting it here *I'm not sure if your aware, but Ontario is a province in Canada. Both Toronto and Ottawa are cities located within Ontario, so if you were trying to list off three major cities to ship criminals out to in Canada, I'd suggest using Montreal or Vancouver instead :) besides that, I'm loving this book! Your such a great writer I love all your books actually*
Boydje822 chapter 14 . 9/23/2014
I'm not sure if your aware, but Ontario is a province in Canada. Both Toronto and Ottawa are cities located within Ontario, so if you were trying to list off three major cities in Canada to shi
Vendesayd chapter 28 . 9/21/2014
I can't stop laughing at the robbery epilogue... I don't know if that was supposed to be funny or not but it really was. Christine was all "I fear falling into a rut in our marriage" and Erik was all "Got it. Let's go break into and rob a jewelry store in the middle of the night to keep our love dynamic!"
Also, I quite disliked wishy-washy Christine, but you should take that as a compliment - I only mean that you fleshed her out as a believable, realistic(ally dislikable and wishy-washy) character.
You're a great writer.
emeraldphan chapter 28 . 7/17/2014
Finally got to the end of this and my goodness, what a crazy, disturbing and depressing story!
The problem is, Christine was never going to have a happy ending, regardless of who she chose, and it was frightening to see Raoul take on some of Erik's characteristics - obsessiveness, extreme self pity and that scary final confrontation with the gun! Not as elaborate as Erik's ultimatum would have been, but scary nonetheless.
It was so sad to read that he was so lost and frail looking when Christine was enjoying so much success but I'm glad they were able to see each other again.
And those last two chapters were fairly disturbing, with Christine's dependence on her husband and his obsessive determination to keep her with him, no matter what. Their relationship is just weird but I suppose Christine is happy and that's the main thing.
Thanks for sharing such a great, well written story and for all the work you have put into creating such realistic details and emotions.
emeraldphan chapter 20 . 7/16/2014
Loved the original unmasking, with Erik revealing his face instead of Christine ripping the mask off! Great chapter :)