Reviews for A thing worth saving
CyanideDreams610 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
This is good, I'd love to read a sequel!
SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
AH! More..More..please hurry up!
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
What an incredibly well-written but also incredibly depressing masterpiece! You had me in tears for a large part of the story. The reflections on Sammy's part were totally stunning, excellent and heart-wrenching. I fully understand his headspace as of now, and clearly recognize the kid is in a dangerous place because he thinks there is nothing left in his life to live for, he is rejected left and right and sees absolutely no worth within himself any longer. To him the only option seems rolling over and dying.

This one sentence completely broke my heart (and it certainly was one of the best in your story; it simply perfectly fit): "It's just demon blood, right?" Now that sentence magnificently sheds light on the utter lack of self-esteem Sam has by now because everybody seems to be dead-set on putting him down time and again. Of course his attitude isn't entirely right but I still miss the helping hand Dean used to offer his little brother. Plus the angels are also doing their very best to shoot the little guy down whenever they meet.

So I really adored the fact that you sent Castiel to talk to him, make him see beyond the rim of his tea cup, and just be there for Sam. This defintely helped him feel less alone and discarded. Castiel made him think again, re-evaluate his thoughts and choices. And I'm thankful to Castiel for doing that.

Maybe Castiel begins to realize that threats and insults aren't the way to treat Sam. I much rather would have prefered them to be supportive of the youngest Winchester to assure he keeps on track. I believe giving Sammy hope after the terrible summer for both him and Dean, would have done the trick much better. After all, in the Halloween episode Sam was so happy to finally meet the angels. And I blame the celestial beings for stomping down on Sam's faith mercilessly, until he had nowhere to turn but follow the dark path of all his pent-up anger.

This fic was marvellously written, and you perfectly provided a surreal feel to the sequence of Sam being outside and meeting Castiel in the park.

I just wish this could have ended on a more positive note, though I fear this would have come across as a mite unrealistic and untrue to Sam's character.

Just WOW!
carocali chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Very interesting take on this. I'm surprised there aren't more tags to this episode, but I have to say that I liked how you got into Sam's head. I also liked that Castiel came to talk with him.

There's a lot of information floating around in that boy's head and nowhere to go with it. It must be truly a sad lonely place.

Thanks for sharing! And I'm very impressed with your English! You did a great job! Congrats!

;D

Caroline
emmau chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I liked this. I confess I am mostly a Dean girl, but I think this really gave me a window into Sam's thoughts and feelings. Thanks.
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
This was really really good! I liked it a lot!

Could you continue...? I want to know what happens next!
shesamonster chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
This is great stuff right here. I loved it; no cheesiness, just enough angst, you got everything right down pat. Great job. :)
Lolajay chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I really loved this. The dreamy feel to it was really cool, and I thought you did a good job of getting into Sam's headspace. I know a lot of writers are having a hard time figuring him out this season, but I think you pulled it off. Thank you so much for sharing!